“Great stay at the Doubletree”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Kingston, Canada
“Great stay at the Doubletree”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We wanted a hotel with an airport shuttle that would accept our car for the month that we were going to be away. We got that and far more. The hotel was clean, the rooms were perfect, the restaurant had good food. We had a wonderful night there.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to write this Tripadvisor review and sharing with your fellow travelers that we offer a great "Park and Fly" option in the Central New York region!

Enjoy your trip and we look forward to hosting you again soon,
Kevin Magdon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel is reasonably priced and well situated. Generally the hotel is very good but the room we stayed in needs some refreshing… new mattress and a few touch ups. Breakfast was outstanding… staff were friendly and super helpful. The chef a Black gentleman was outstanding. He managed running the buffet and doing omelettes like a pro. I have stayed in many hotels where they over oil the omelettes and they are greasy; my omelette was perfect, the fruit on the buffet was fresh and actually perfectly ripe… well done chef… i will be back because of him.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to stay with the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton Syracuse and for taking the time to share with your fellow travelers! Although there were a couple areas for improvement, I will make sure to share your comments including the ones on the breakfast with Chef Ron and we certainly look forward to your return on your next visit to Syracuse!

Safe Travels,
Kinderhook, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I had no problems. To the contrary everything was fine including food and room. Hotel staff in all walks of employment friendly. Easy to get from NYS Thruway to hotel. Parking lot ploughed. Meeting rooms were set up correctly. Sufficient chairs and sound control was good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your extremely positive experience from your recent stay with us and for recognizing our location and meeting services as a few reasons you will visit us once again!

We truly appreciate it!
Milford, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2014

It really was a great stay. I was tired from a long drive. (About 5 hours) The room was low lit with nice, soft classical music. It set such a relaxing tone. The bed was comfortable and warm, I slept well. I don't typically respond to these surveys. However, I wanted to write this review to confirm know how much I enjoyed this experience. Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kmagdon, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Your detail on the "little things" that our staff did to make you feel welcome and comfortable is truly appreciated and taking the time to make sure that the TripAdvisor community sees this means so much to me and the entire DoubleTree team!

Thank you!
Vestal, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at your hotel from 1/10/14- 1/12/14 for the CSEA union convention (approx 250 coworkers) and from the first day to my last day I had nothing but a horrible experience from your staff. Check in time the man who registered me was not polite towards me, but treated my female coworker totally opposite. The next day, at breakfast the waitress (Melissa) told me and 2 other people at our table, she would fill our juice and water and bring it back to us, she never came back to our table. When we went back to our room, i asked Melissa what happened and she stated that she never said that to us. I asked the 2 people if was i hearing things or did she tell us she would return with the filled bottles. They heard the same thing i heard. I looked at her name tag and she said to make sure I spell her name with 2 L's. I said why are you being so sarcastic, she said I'm being a meany. I told her all I'm asking is why she didn't come back, again she stated she never told us that. I reported it to the restaurant supervisor. That same night, I ordered 2 kids meal and a large pizza. I had a visitor with 2 young kids coming to visit me from the Syracuse mall and she told me to order their meals. I believe the waiters name was Ivan. He came into the room and put my food on top of our papers without asking if he can put the food there. Then he looked at my son twice and continued looking as if he was looking for someone else. When he left the room, I called the restaurant to report the incident. I felt he was looking for kids because I ordered 2 kids meal. I was referred to the hotel manager (Bill?) and i explained what just happened. The next day at check out, The same man checked me out and was not polite at all. My coworker and I just looked at each other and said let's get out of here. I know CSEA spent a lot of money there and bought in a lot of people in for the convention. I told my regional director that I was not happy with my 2 night stay and how I was treated. She had me report it to our travel arrangement person. This was the "WORST" hotel stay in my 2 years traveling with our union and I will never forget how I was treated. I will make sure I have some input if this hotel is ever recommended again for our convention. The staff was "VERY RUDE".

1 Thank Leslie B
ThomasOlsen, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Leslie,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered. I truly understand how frustrating and disturbing it was not receiving the level of service that you expected when you stayed at my hotel. My staff prides itself on the service experience we deliver to our guests, and we take it very seriously when we fail to meet our guests’ expectations. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience. It is guests such as yourself, who let us know when we fall short of your expectations, who allow us to continually refine and redefine our service and product offerings. I hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thomas Olsen
General Manger
315-431-2210
Thomas.Olsen@Hilton.com
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Was in town for a short period of time and needed a room near the airport for a 6am flight. We checked into the hotel around 9pm, washed up and got to bed close to 10 to catch a few zzz's before we needed to get up at 3:30am. Since we have HHonors gold, we got a room on the top floor at the end of the hallway. I know what you're thinking, that must be a really nice and quiet room. It was nice but definitely not quiet. Just as we turned out the lights, we heard periodic x-rated noises, so loud that we thought they were coming from the tv in our own room. Turns out that the room next to us was watching something naughty on his tv which was right up against the same wall as our headboard. A quick pound on the wall stopped the x-rated show but then channel surfing commenced. Ended up falling asleep with my head wrapped in pillows. Needless to say, the walls are very thin and the room layouts are poor. The least they could do is put the TVs against the same walls from room to room

1 Thank m s
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear M S,

We are terribly sorry to hear that you had a bit of a tough time getting to sleep as a result of some not too pleasant noises from next door. Although our walls are actually slightly thicker than traditional hotels being built today (We opened in 1977), this does not make up for an non courteous neighbor that if given the chance we would have address the situation with.

As for the room configurations, because of the design of the building the only rooms that we are unable to have the TV and beds on opposing walls are the end rooms which sounds to be where you spent this evening. Again we are sorry that you did not receive the rest that you deserved on this particular evening and hope that if given the chance you might give us another try.

We appreciate you sharing your experience and please feel free to contact me if your travels ever bring you back to Syracuse.

Warm regards,
E Syracuse, United States
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Nice atmosphere, quiet, the rooms were very clean. Service was good. Accomodations were good. Food was excellent; hot and ready on time. Would definately stay here again. Didn't get to enjoy the indoor or outdoor pool, but hope to next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse / Carrier Circle

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!