“Nice stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here one night and it was a nice place to stay. It had all the basic amenities and comfy beds. We stayed here mid November and it was really busy while we were there. There was a large wedding and lots of people all over the hotel. We went swimming in the evening and had to pretty much walk through the reception (a little awkward). In the morning we decided to go to brunch and it was so busy, I've never seen a hotel restaurant so busy. The buffet was good but very limited because of the crowds. We were serving ourselves coffee because they were short staff as well.
Overall was a good stay but because it was so busy we had a few issues.
Also they no longer give cookies? They now give Hershey chocolate bars? A bit disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Blizz16,

Thank you for giving us a try and writing a review here on Tripadvisor. We are very sorry that we did not fully blow you away with the exceptional experience we are known for especially when it comes to your food and beverage experience. As for the chocolate VS cookies mention, we provide a little candy for all our Hilton Honor members as a little extra but you certainly should ALWAYS receive a cookie when you check in! I would love to ship you a tin if you did not so please contact me at the hotel so we can make it this right!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Second time staying at this hotel and it was as impressive as the first time we stayed here. The staff are extremely accommodating. The front desk staff are always well organized and you never have to wait. Housekeeping is very efficient and friendly. All the employees are smiling. The restaurant is very well run and the both the food and service are second to none. The staff are friendly and cheery. Very clean hotel and the location is perfect if you want to get to the outlets or go to the mall. This hotel is a must when we return to Syracuse. Great staff!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for the return trip back to Syracuse and staying with us once again! We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide some great positive feedback on the facilities and the team while also mentioning our close proximity to great area shopping like Destiny USA and the Finger Lakes Outlet.

We look forward to your next visit and again thank you!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was very impressed with the kindness of the staff. Just walking down the hall everyone would say have a great day or thanks for staying with us. They acknowledged that I was a paying customer and it was refreshing to have them care enough to speak to me.

Miranda,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton Syracuse and for taking the time to share your experience while with us!

As DoubleTree says "Sometimes it's the little things" and even a simple hello can go a long way! We appreciate you recognizing this from our staff and will definitely let the team know that it is truly appreciated!

See you next time,

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Totally excellent Hotel. The staff is extremely helpful and fun...on the front desk..in all dining areas..even cleaning staff in the hallways. The location is excellent for many of the popular shopping and dining areas. This Syracuse location is attractive both inside and out and very clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your extremely positive experience from your recent stay with us and for recognizing our facilities, and staff as a few reasons you will visit us once again! The fact that you are willing to recommend us like you are means the world and we truly appreciate it!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and each time the service and quality has been excellent. It's nice to know everytime I stay here I will be well taken care of. I even took advantage of the hot tub and sauna this time and it was very relaxing and when you live in the snow country, it's much appreciated. Thank you.

Amy,

As a frequent guest, I so appreciate you taking the time to share the consistency of service and more importantly that we continue to time and time again make you feel appreciated and welcome!

Gracie!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

great hotel. got a great deal through wagjag. close to shopping. restaurant was good, and had free parking. the pool looked nice although we didnt use it. we had 2 young children with us and there were no problems staying with young children

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton Syracuse and for taking the time to share your overwhelmingly positive experience! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time here in Syracuse hitting some of of best dining and shopping locales and most importantly that you found the property welcoming for you and your family!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed December 10, 2013

12/02/13 Daniel was GREAT on check-in (gave me free internet because I'm a Gold member and I asked), free breakfast, knew about a fax I was expecting, and looked up the next day's meeting room w/o being asked. The only thing that could be improved was dusty corners on bathroom counter in my sleeping room (it looked as though the housekeeper made a wide swath with a cloth but both corners had heavy dust and the blow dryer, shampoo, and soap tray were coated in dust; so was the coffee maker in the room foyer). Everything else was very clean. When I checked out, Adam took my note about the bathroom (rm 227) and said “okay” but didn’t say anything else. However, I asked him to double check meeting room and he said, “Oh, it’s Adams Basin, not DeWitt.” I had been told DeWitt the night before (it was a competitor's class) and then Adam said, “I’ll get Chris to unlock it for you – he’ll meet you there.” It was unlocked when I got there and Chris immediately called for screen and plugs. Bonnie in the restaurant was incredibly pleasant and the breakfast was really good. Bonnie remembered little things about guests, calling them by name and saying “I’ll bring some lemon and honey for your tea” to a guest. She invited me to remind our guests the restaurant would be open at lunch. Tina Goodnough in banquets came by to check, asked how sleeping room was (I told her about minor issue) and Roberto responded amazingly rapidly with extra water when I called the careline. Bonnie sent me a thank you email for the tip and nice note I left her after breakfast. When I was tearing down after my meeting the next night, I expressed an interest in getting a cookie. I was about to walk to the front desk to ask for one when one of the banquet guys ran to the front to get one for me. What a nice touch.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms here are fine and the cleanliness problem I experienced was isolated to d...