“Very Impressed”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was very impressed with the kindness of the staff. Just walking down the hall everyone would say have a great day or thanks for staying with us. They acknowledged that I was a paying customer and it was refreshing to have them care enough to speak to me.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Miranda,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton Syracuse and for taking the time to share your experience while with us!

As DoubleTree says "Sometimes it's the little things" and even a simple hello can go a long way! We appreciate you recognizing this from our staff and will definitely let the team know that it is truly appreciated!

See you next time,

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Totally excellent Hotel. The staff is extremely helpful and fun...on the front desk..in all dining areas..even cleaning staff in the hallways. The location is excellent for many of the popular shopping and dining areas. This Syracuse location is attractive both inside and out and very clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your extremely positive experience from your recent stay with us and for recognizing our facilities, and staff as a few reasons you will visit us once again! The fact that you are willing to recommend us like you are means the world and we truly appreciate it!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and each time the service and quality has been excellent. It's nice to know everytime I stay here I will be well taken care of. I even took advantage of the hot tub and sauna this time and it was very relaxing and when you live in the snow country, it's much appreciated. Thank you.

Amy,

As a frequent guest, I so appreciate you taking the time to share the consistency of service and more importantly that we continue to time and time again make you feel appreciated and welcome!

Gracie!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

great hotel. got a great deal through wagjag. close to shopping. restaurant was good, and had free parking. the pool looked nice although we didnt use it. we had 2 young children with us and there were no problems staying with young children

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton Syracuse and for taking the time to share your overwhelmingly positive experience! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time here in Syracuse hitting some of of best dining and shopping locales and most importantly that you found the property welcoming for you and your family!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed December 10, 2013

12/02/13 Daniel was GREAT on check-in (gave me free internet because I'm a Gold member and I asked), free breakfast, knew about a fax I was expecting, and looked up the next day's meeting room w/o being asked. The only thing that could be improved was dusty corners on bathroom counter in my sleeping room (it looked as though the housekeeper made a wide swath with a cloth but both corners had heavy dust and the blow dryer, shampoo, and soap tray were coated in dust; so was the coffee maker in the room foyer). Everything else was very clean. When I checked out, Adam took my note about the bathroom (rm 227) and said “okay” but didn’t say anything else. However, I asked him to double check meeting room and he said, “Oh, it’s Adams Basin, not DeWitt.” I had been told DeWitt the night before (it was a competitor's class) and then Adam said, “I’ll get Chris to unlock it for you – he’ll meet you there.” It was unlocked when I got there and Chris immediately called for screen and plugs. Bonnie in the restaurant was incredibly pleasant and the breakfast was really good. Bonnie remembered little things about guests, calling them by name and saying “I’ll bring some lemon and honey for your tea” to a guest. She invited me to remind our guests the restaurant would be open at lunch. Tina Goodnough in banquets came by to check, asked how sleeping room was (I told her about minor issue) and Roberto responded amazingly rapidly with extra water when I called the careline. Bonnie sent me a thank you email for the tip and nice note I left her after breakfast. When I was tearing down after my meeting the next night, I expressed an interest in getting a cookie. I was about to walk to the front desk to ask for one when one of the banquet guys ran to the front to get one for me. What a nice touch.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms here are fine and the cleanliness problem I experienced was isolated to d...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your extremely positive and detailed experience from your recent stay and event with us and for recognizing our location, value and meeting services (Tina, Chris and others) as a few reasons you will visit us once again! The fact that you are willing to recommend us like you have means the world and we truly appreciate it!

We will make sure to pass this along to the rest of the team for them to read for themselves!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was completely satisfied with my stay. I enjoyed the warm cookie upon arrival. The room was clean and well appointed. We did not lack anything for our stay. The most annoying thing right now is writing a review of a minimum length. I have nothing else to say.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Short or long we simply appreciate you taking a moment to share with your fellow travelers!

Thank you for your stay and we are so glad that you enjoyed yourself during this past visit!

We will see you next time and have the cookies waiting!

Kevin

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed for one night and found the hotel and staff very clean and proffessinaal. After I got home found that I was charged twice for the room. Have spent 10 days and counting trying to get the second payment returned to my account.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to hear that a billing error might have marred an otherwise excellent stay and I do hope that we were finally able to correct this on our end. If for some reason it has not, please contact me and I would be happy to assist.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will give us another chance to serve your lodging needs should you return to Syracuse.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#5 of 19 in East Syracuse
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!