“Had a wonderful time - great location right off thruway.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had a wonderful time - great location right off thruway. Great to have a restaurant/bar at the hotel. Price was wonderful and room was excellent - clean, roomy and up to date.. Have stayed in syracuse many times and this was one of the best places we stayed. Breakfast was excellent - ordered from menu didn't eat buffet. Only issue was one elevator was out - so it was a slow process to get to the rooms and back down with only one working elevator. But will be back great time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We booked two rooms in this hotel for President's Day weekend and chose this property over other Hilton properties in the region because the photos of the pool on the web looked spectacular. We chose this more expensive Hilton option specifically because of the pool.

We didn't expect that a Doubletree hotel - which is supposed to be an upper end brand within Hilton - would have rooms that were so run down. Several areas of our room were in need of either touch up paint or a good scrubbing.

Though the public areas were nice, the pool area was absolutely overrun with kids. We counted more than 70 people on the pool deck, despite the fact that the posted maximum was 50. No hotel staff in sight.

Service was fine but not the spectacular quality that we usually encounter at other Hiltons.

The range of options on the breakfast buffet was broad, but I had a hard time finding gluten free choices that weren't loaded with black pepper.

If we're headed back to Syracuse, we'll pick a different Hilton and hope for a better experience.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here recently and I'd say overall this is a very decent business hotel with all the amenities. I arrived early in the day before a meeting and they allowed me to check in even though it was before 10 am. Not many hotels do that. The room was very clean and quiet on the first floor. I found the staff to be uniformly friendly and helpful. I did have breakfast the following morning and I didn't care much for the buffet. That's really my only negative comment. If I return to Syracuse on business I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your overall positive experience from your recent stay with us! Sometimes it's the little things that make the difference (Like an early check in) and we're glad to hear we exceeded your expectations! In regards to the buffet, although generally our breakfast buffet scores extremely high with our guest, we understand it's not for everyone but hope it was simply a personal preference rather than a quality issue.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and most certainly for staying with us!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hotel price is high for this hotel. It has stains in the carpets and just looks dirty in the halls. Not impressed.The location was good for us to get something to eat the night we stated and in the morning for breakfast. Probably would not stay there again for the money we paid. Felt like I was at the Super 8 hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Billie Jo T
Kmagdon, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your quick feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input and apologize you were disappointed in the look and feel of our guestrooms. We will use your comments as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction and hope you will consider staying with us again should you return to our area in the future.

Brendan England

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business and found my stay enjoyable and convenient, though it was pretty isolated from the city center, with all its sites and restaurants. The check-in process was smooth and the staff were pleasant and helpful at all the right points. My room was a standard hotel room, no thrills, but comfortable and with all the necessary amenities (coffee maker, iron, etc). All in all, if you are looking for a place to stay in a pinch I’d recommend this hotel, especially if you have a car, which will be required if you plan on heading into the city.

Pros: Affordable; nice staff; all the basics

Cons: Not pedestrian friendly, for those looking to go into the city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing your kind words and constructive feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to have met your needs in the area and hope you will consider staying with us again should you return in the future.

Brendan England - General Manger

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Exercise room; indoor pool; outdoor pool; airport shuttle; restaurant; bar; easy access to Thruway and 690. Friendly staff. Meeting and wedding facilities. Somewhat outdated but that is reflected in the price

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you more sharing how you found our hotel convenient, along with some keys services and benefits you found important in choosing our hotel. We look forward to having you back again sometime and appreciate you taking the time to provide this nice feedback!

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The room I was given was on the first floor. It was hot when I got there and I lowered the thermostat to 68. Then I used the gym, which overlooked the pool and was nice. When I got back to the room, it was still hot. I opened the patio doors to get some cool air and the smell of cigarette smoke rushed in. No one was outside smoking but it was clear that I found the unofficial smoking area. So now I had a hot, smokey smellimg room. I then noticed a long dark hair that wasn't mine on the pillow.

I calked the front desk and they switched me to a lovely room on the 2nd floor with a mini kitchen. This was a great room and I slept wonderfully.

I was there for a work meeting and the conference room and dinner, breakfast and lunch was fine and good. Wait staff was excellent.

Other than the initial room, it was a good stay.

ZPP

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for sharing your stay experience and giving us the opportunity to correct some apparent deficiencies in your 1st room. We hope that we again have the chance to have you as our guest in the future and again we truly appreciate your candid feedback as it only makes us better!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#5 of 19 in East Syracuse
SpringHill Suites Syracuse Carrier Circle

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!