“Great little "staycation"!”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
ottawa
“Great little "staycation"!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I had an opportunity to stay here for a mini vacation and to do some shopping while in Syracuse. I got a great deal through Hotwire. Reception was always very pleasant, and the cookies were yummy:) Anyplace I needed to go they gave me a map so it was very helpful with finding places. I had requested a room on the third floor and a fridge, and both were granted. It was facing the parking lot in the back, so it was very quiet, which I liked.The hotel is set among a group of hotels on the east part of Syracuse, so it's not downtown, however it's right by the Carrier Circle and the New York Throughway so it's very accessible to where you need to go. There realy isn't any place to walk per se to eat, however it's very fast by car.
The room was a nice size and very clean. It looks like they were redone lately. The bed is really soft, but very comfy.
The hotel has two pools but none of them I used due to an injury I have. I took a peek in the gym and it was fairly large with lots of decent equipment.
It did have a restaurant but i didn't eat there.
I'd like to come back in the summer, and if I could I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room away from the front are quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sylvie.mac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Elmira
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I just wanted to let you know that we had a WONDERFUL experience this past
weekend at your hotel. Everyone was fantastic, especially the elderly security
guard. He was so kind and so much fun. Our group really took to him and we all
sang "Oh Canada" together. What a sweetheart he was but at the same time doing a
great job and letting us know we needed to quiet down a bit and offering us the
option of moving to one of the banquet rooms. We also had a great experiece with
some of the military families and shared stories, laughs and made forever
memories. Breakfast was incredible and yummy!!
Thanks so much for everything!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Spent one night at this hotel on business trip. King room was very clean and had a comfortable bed. Hvac gave me problems by throwing tons of dry heat during the night when I had set room temp low; ended up shutting it off as I could not adjust it when I woke up at 3am sweating. Buffet breakfast was excellent with hot and cold selections, fresh fruit and eggs to order. Breakfast came free as did wifi in room since I am gold Hilton member. Location is easy on/off from I-90 Exit 35. Hotel has slow elevator (only 1 of the two elevators working during my stay.) I also had non-functional door key on my first trip to my 7th floor room. Had to travel back down (slow elevator) to front desk and get new key ... took two keys just in case; make sure the desk clerk tests the key. First guy did not; second clerk (young woman) did to make sure they work. Several other people I spoke to during this stay said they had similar issue with door keys ... or mentioned that one elevators is always out of service. Not sure why as others told me this hotel is quite popular for events. All the staff I came in contact with were very friendly and helpful ... they did their best to make you feel welcome and appreciated during your stay at the hotel. Positive attitude of the staff offset any of the issues I mentioned in this review.

• Stayed November 2012
Old Forge, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Was recently there for a wedding so it was a good price. Room was average. No fridge/micro and you have to pay for wifi if you're not a AT&T member or part of the hilton honors program. No breakfast included. Cleaning staff could be more attentive. One of the coffee cups had dried coffee and there was still hair in the tub/shower walls. Food at reception was very good. I've stayed at other hotels in this same area that were a better value for the amenities offered.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I used to stay in this hotel 2-3 times per month when it was a Wyndham. Now it is part of Hilton chain and has been upgraded nicely. As a Hilton Diamond member I was pleased to receive an upgrade upon check in by a very friendly and nice desk clerk. Given a lovely large room with couch and club chair and it was as clean and well appointed as they come. Also given complimentary breakfast which was great and included made to order omelet. My only negative was my room service dinner order which included a burger cooked so well that it was almost inedible, and I had ordered it medium rare. Except for the room service, this was a perfect stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your overall very positive stay experience and we appreciate you coming back to us over the years (Regardless of our brand affiliation). We certainly appologize for the over done burger and hope that we make it right on your next visit if we didn't already!

Again, thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit!
Community of Madrid, Spain
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here for two nights on business recently. This included a conference for two days in the hotel. There are two wings on the hotel, one recently renovated and the other is still old. I was lucky enough to placed in the new wing. Updated rooms/bathrooms. Nice furnishings, etc. My room had a balcony (shared with other rooms) that I did not use. The pool was decent, although it was not opened at 6am as the hours state - had to find someone to open it at 6:30am - slight inconvenience. Workout room is nice with quite a few machines, but was also pretty busy. I used the business center to print my boarding passes - worked well. Also used in-room and conference room wifi which was good. Hotel shuttle was a bit slow and confusing. Be sure to communicate clearly with the hotel if you use it.

Walked to nearby restaurant, but it's not the best walk due to lack of sidewalks - use caution. Did not use the restaurant in the hotel.

All in all, a very good stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York CIty
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed for a family event in Binghamton. We needed something that was super close to the airport and this fit the bill. The area is kind of odd where the hotel is but totally safe, just dark and not marked well. To get from the airport its really easy on the Thruway- the toll is a whopping 20 cents- worth it... ;-) Front desk staff was great with checking in and were helpful in giving us the schedule for the airport shuttle- the cookie on check-in is also something that I was NOT mad about.

The hotel is fine- very standard early 90's decor- clean, well taken care of. Beds were fine, but they were short sheeted at the bottom and i really dont like my feet touching the mattress... blech. My mom really like the coffee machine- it made two cups real fast at the same fime- gross coffee but whatever.

The restaurant is strange, but the food is pretty good- everything was damp in the restaurant- i dont know why but it was... k

So if you want a easy, clean place to stay...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family