“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
New Jersey
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed February 23, 2008

We recently stayed for just a night at the Doubletree in East Syracuse. The front desk staff was so nice and receptive and even gave us freshly baked cookies.
I also received a welcome phone call once we arrived in our room.
The exterior of the hotel looked a bit dated; but once inside, it is a modern, clean, above average hotel.
The room was very spacious and modern and there is a separate sink/vanity area from the actual bathroom/shower.
My favorite part was the bed. I think they must have recently updated the beds and bedding. It was so comfortable with nice linens.
Lastly, there is a very nice man named James, who drives the shuttle to and from the airport. He was gracious enough to drop us off in the Armory Square area of the city (shops, restaurants, bars) and pick us up later that night.
Overall a great experience for the money.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — ??
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2007

We stayed Nov. 17th 2007, and booked through priceline for about 71$US all inclusive.

I was very pelased with this hotel, as the room we got was apparently refurbished in the last 2 years, very classy, with 2 double beds, a bit too soft, but with a very nice presentation (5 pillows).

We were greeted with a warm chocolate cookie, very friendly staff and a nice dinning area. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were excellent. The gym, although small, is equipped with flat screen TVs mounted on the elliptic and threadmill.

Parking is free and ample. Hotel is situated near NY thruway and Thompson Road, with very little in terms of restaurants (a McDonalds close buy, thats pretty much it).

For the price paid, this was excellent.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Hamilton
Reviewed August 10, 2007

I had it marked 'Terrible' but backed up. The bed was good and there were 5 pillows for each bed. We were delayed by the airport and they sent us to the DoubleTree. I was happy because in Texas they are very good. The desk clerk asked if we wanted to put money on account up front in case we wanted any extras.This one had faded, dirty and worn floors and litter in the halls. The light was burned out in the room entry, the toilet seat was loose, the coffee maker was broken and missing a part. The room was small and crowded. The prices were high for dinner and breakfast. They charge $10 for wi-fi in your own room! They have a computer for guests to use downstairs in a crowded and very warm small room. In the morning they delivered a newspaper to your door and charged you an extra 75 cents. The whole experience was very much less than we expected. This happened on our way home after a very enjoyable 9 day trip. We'd been very happy to have picked out a Comfort Inn for a much less price and better amenities. Glad we weren't picking up the tab on this one. In fairness to the staff they were quick to repair and replace whatever we brought to their attention. And the worker was the one that told us about the charge for wi-fi....not the front desk! This just wasn't good. They were stingy and petty. We have recieved much better most every place we've been and we've been far and wide.

• Liked — bed and pillows
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PATSYandSTAN A
Washington DC
Reviewed July 9, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the doubletree on our way from Washington DC to Ottowa. The people at the reception were very helpful and extremely nice. We were asked what our room preference was and which floor we'd like to stay at. The room was very clean. The king size bed was very comfortable. We had the view of the swimming pool. They have an indoor pool as well which we didn't use.
I am very particular about having a clean room. I am one of those people who carry their own pillow and sheets but didn't need it here.
We had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel as there is nothing close by to the hotel and after 6.5 hrs of driving we didn't want to venture out to look for food. The restaurant is real nice and you can order off the bar menu . We got a salad and a club sandwich. The portions are huge.
Overall I think its a great transit hotel.
We placed a bid at 65$ on priceline and paid $81.85 in total for 1 night.

• Liked — Great transit hotel
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
Bloomingburg, NY
Reviewed June 5, 2007

My family and I were in town for a Homeschool Convention.
When we checking into our room it was nice and clean and somewhat fancy. When I tried to turn on the air conditioner it never worked. I called the front desk and immediatly they came up and verified it didnt work. He gave us a new room on the spot and a voucher for free buffet breakfast for my whole family. The room was nice and cool and everything else was great.

• Liked — Value, cleanliness, hospitality.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank joeyjcc
Queens, NY
Reviewed December 21, 2006

I have stayed at the Wyndham several times when traveling for business purposes in Syracuse. Previous experiences have been pretty nice, but my last trip was really bad. The hotel was very noisy, my room service took over an hour to arrive, checkout took forever, my phone didnt work when I got in my room. I usually have a very nice stay, but this was not one of those times.

To their credit - I did fill out an online evaluatioin they sent me about a week or two later, and was quite frank about my concerns. About one week later, I received a letter from the management acknowledging my concerns, along with a very nice gratuity, asking that I give them another try. I will, again because I found tghe hotel suited my just fine for travel purposes. Lets hope this last experience was not a signal of a decline!

• Liked — convinient access to the thruway, pool/gym, easy parking
  • Disliked — meetings=noise
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Queensnative
Hickory, NC
Reviewed September 30, 2006

Stayed here for 7 nights last week in September. I found the room
good, staff helpful.
Towels were a little worn, and the matteress had seen better days but room was overall good!
Problems we had were the ridiculous INTERNET charges $10.99
per night, one night or 7 its still the same!!
Next the restaurant and the bar were very overpriced!!! Forget
room service very expensive!!
A lot of renovation in progress.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Internet charges,poor mattress,over priced bar and resturant
  • Tips/Secrets — do not stay here if you have to use internet
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#5 of 19 in East Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!