“Quiet property”

Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Chose property because of proximity to Destiny USA mall and reasonable price for a suite with kitchen and seperate bedroom. Too bad no king beds are offered but room was clean and very quiet when not running AC. Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Two BBQs out front with picnic tables but outdood garbage cans don't seem to get emptied very often as they were constantly overflowing. No restaurant. No pool but nice gym.

Room Tip: Only stayed once so no tips
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Aubrey B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm really glad to hear that your room was quiet and the staff was friendly and helpful, I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to them. It's only with feedback like yours that we can continue to improve based on the needs of our guests. If you have a chance, please reach out to me and let me know what room you were in so that I can have someone take a look at the AC to be sure it's running as quietly as possible. I will also address the trash cans at the Gazebo with my staff. Again, thank you for your time in letting us know how we're doing and pointing out ways we can improve. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Aubrey Barone
p. 315.432.1684
e. aurso@syrhotel.com

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Room is nice, comfy bed, spacious and clean room. The room has a small kitchen - with fridge and burners, sink, dishes, etc.

I didn't sleep well the night before, then drove for a number of hours and spent the day shopping, I was looking forward to a deep sleep that night. After about 3 hours of sleep, at around 2 am, the smoke detector went off. It was so shocking and loud, I literally jumped out of bed onto the floor. So disoriented, still half asleep, I was still trying to figure out if it was the alarm clock or phone, then looked up to the smoke detector and it was screaming. It continued for about a minute before finally stopping. I looked out into the hallway, and the hall was quiet. I also tried calling the Front Desk at that time, but the recording said that the office was closed. So, I hung up. I am not sure why my room's smoke detector went off - I had the a/c on, and there was no fire to be found. It took about an hour to fall back asleep, as I was perturbed to say the least.

The next morning, I asked my friend who was staying in a nearby room if she heard any commotion in the middle of the night and she said no. Then, I checked with the Front Desk. They said, there is no way that my room's detector went off without them knowing, as it shows up on the panel. Well, it did, and I wasn't in any frame of mind to argue with him. I wasn't dreaming this up. Anyways, he gave me a small discount on the room charge and we left. Will they fix the problem, not sure.

Room Tip: Check your smoke detector. Find out what to do if it goes off in the middle of the night for no app...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Aubrey B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make me aware of the issues you experienced during your recent stay with us. I'm so sorry that this happened to you, and I can assure you it is an isolated incident and we will investigate and solve the problem so that it doesn't happen again in the future. I'd like the opportunity to discuss this with you further, please give me a call or email at your earliest convenience. Again, please accept my apologies and know that we will do whatever we can do correct this issue for the future.

Aubrey Barone
315.432.1684
aurso@syrhotel.com

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was a one night stay. We selected Candlewood because of our excellent experience with the chain when we were in Wake Forest, NC last year.
We got the same wonderful beds which are instantly comfortable and gave a good sleep. We had been on the road for over 7 hours, so the rest was much needed. I asked for a handicap room since I prefer a shower than I can get in and out of easily. This time I got a walk-in shower which proper handles, padded seat, and two shower heads. What a dream. Everything else was roomy and comfortable. This chain is really meant for longer stays because they have mini-kitchens which we did not use this time. This chain build there handicap rooms perfectly.
There is no pool and the bed or towels are not changed unless you indicate that you need them changes. This saves a little water and maid service. We like that but some people do not. I did not mind not having a pool, especially for a short stay. There is no complimentary breakfast but breakfast are available for purchase on an honor system. Again we did not need it.
We had to drive through a rotary (round about) to get to the property. There are a number of hotel properties clustered near the highway and all require use of the rotary to get to them. Be warned if you are not used to rotaries. There are plenty of nice eating places near by.
Very nice staff though we did not have to interact with them very long.

Room Tip: This property seems to be the furthest away from the highway from all the properties. Since I asked...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Aubrey B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We try our best to accommodate all of our guests needs and I'm glad to hear we exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we truly appreciate any and all feedback. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Syracuse!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was our first stay at a Candlewood and it will not be our last. The receptionist was welcoming and friendly, the room was clean, very spacious and beds were comfortable with great choice of channels on TV plus free WIFi.
And most important at a very very reasonable price.
Candlewood will be our first choice from now on when we travel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aubrey B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I'm glad that Candlewood will be your hotel of choice in the future. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I came for business for 2 nights, looking for affordable, clean and good location -Candlewood Suites fit all my needs. Close to I-90 Thruway, I-690 and Carrier Circle.
The staff (David) at front desk was very welcoming after a long day on the road, checking in at 8:30 PM.
The room is large, kitchenette with full size refrigerator, microwave and 2 burner stove, all equipped except the food! I was pleasantly surprised to find complimentary popcorn ready to pop in the microwave - nice touch! The bathroom is large and clean, shower was great.
Large flat screen TV and VCR/DVD combo.
Lots of space for your belongings, large desk with free WIFI.
See other travelers photos.
Will definitely stay here again.
This is a Holiday Inn family property so quality is expected and delivered.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Aubrey B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in providing a home-like atmosphere for all of our guests. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Dave. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stay at Candlewood Suites many times each month since they have a Studio Apartment feel and you have your privacy during long term visits. This property ranks at the top of the chain. Service was perfect, the place was clean and it's close to the NY Thruway. Located just off Carrier Circle it's close to some great restaurants and a short drive to downtown Syracuse. The price is very good by comparison to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Aubrey B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We do our best to provide a clean, comfortable, home-like environment with exceptional service to all of our guests. I'm so glad to you enjoy your stays with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel surprised me and was a great bargain. Although my stay was short, it was pleasant. Upon arrival, the hotel staff were friendly and eager to help. The room was cozy and comfortable. Although we had a problem with our a/c, the hotel staff immediately addressed it and when it could not be fixed, offered to move us to a different room (within minutes). Will definitely stay again. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience of having to move you to a new room due to A/C issues, but I'm glad we did it quickly for you. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse
Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse

Been to Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle? Share your experiences!