Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle
$109
$119
$105
Great 4.5/5
Sleep Inn & Suites(East Syracuse)(Great Value!)
$92
$80
Excellent 5/5
$98
Courtyard
Very Good 4/5
CrestHill Suites Syracuse(East Syracuse)(Great Value!)
$105
$101
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
All reviewscarrier circleworked greatlaundry roombed was very comfortablehome away from homesyracusekitchenettefuneralhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I needed a long-term stay at a location that is quiet and clean. The staff and manager are friendly and professional. I have plenty of storage and the room is comfortable and organized for a busy professional. I moved to this hotel after being completely dissatisfied at a competitor (broken a/c, leaky ceiling, loud neighbors, barking dogs at all hours, smoking in neighboring non-smoking rooms, etc). Candlewood Suites location is quiet all day, there is always staff on duty, and the overall atmosphere is a whole lot better.

Please consider this location for short or long-term stays to prevent any unnecessary stress during your travels.

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't face the thruway noise :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Aubrey B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your experience with our hotel! We do our best to make all of our guests feel like they're home with us. We're so glad you chose us for the remainder of your long term stay. As always, please feel free to contact myself or any team member if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I just wanted to say that my husband and I really appreciated the service we were given by the front desk clerk, Dave Colavita. We are in the process of buying a house and they allowed us to use their fax for incoming/outgoing business. He would call and let us know when items were received and when faxes went through. We would have had to run all over town chasing faxes so it meant a lot to us to have this luxury. The other staff we polite and friendly as well. Thanks so much, Dave...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seeker772
Aubrey B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Great guest service is one of our top priorities and I'm happy to hear that Dave exceeded your expectations. I have passed your compliments along to the team, and especially to Dave. Please let us know if we can do anything for you in the future!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Okay... So I wound up staying here because of a problem at the Embassy. The Candlewood isn't terrible, it's just not a very high quality place. The front desk folks were nice enough, but the hotel seemed kind of old, not super well maintained, it doesn't have the nice mattress or pillows that I've come to appreciate, but it wasn't bad. I was glad they had rooms when things didn't workout with the Embassy. I just wouldn't pick this place if I had another option. But if that's your choice, it'll be fine...

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan1718
Aubrey B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. We do our best to exceed the expectations of every guest who enters our hotel and I apologize for falling short this time. I have passed your feedback on to the staff so that we can correct any issues and continue to improve our hotel.

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Got in really late and staff was super nice and helped me find coffee so late. Rooms are a bit dated but fairly clean. Everything inside works well and the Internet is super fast! Great place for business. Everyone is really nice that I've dealt with and they all said "Good morning have a good day" every morning. Will be back!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank MachineGuy
Aubrey B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait to have you back on your next trip to Syracuse!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Heading towards Labor Day and rooms are tight so I looked around the business districts and sure enough there were rooms. The Candlewood is getting a little tired looking but us oldies know the benefits of life experience outweigh the fripperies of youth.
Not only was the desk clerk welcoming and helpful but so were the other guests, who helped us bring our luggage from the car. As the suites are mainly aimed at long-stayers I guess they build up a little community.
We were allocated an accessible room and it worked very well. There's a tub but it's low. If you're on your own, beware the door - it needs the strength of Hercules to open. If you're not on your own, choose a slim partner as the gap between bed and wall on one side is minimal.
The bed is comfortable, furniture rock solid, and the room very well set up for business travelers with, joy of joys, multiple electrical outlets at desk height. Free WiFi works well.
For the more able there's a fitness suite.
Food is available from the honesty shop, situated directly opposite the accessible room (along with the fitness suite - ah, if only.)
One last point in its favor (or favour if you are travelling from England) is that you can bring all your old VHS tapes and play them here - there's a combined VHS/DVD player in the room, which perhaps gives you an idea of its age.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Umpalulu
Aubrey B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We do our very best to make our hotel "home" for our guests staying long term, and I really appreciate hearing that you noticed! We hope to see you again very soon.