Heading towards Labor Day and rooms are tight so I looked around the business districts and sure enough there were rooms. The Candlewood is getting a little tired looking but us oldies know the benefits of life experience outweigh the fripperies of youth.
Not only was the desk clerk welcoming and helpful but so were the other guests, who helped us bring our luggage from the car. As the suites are mainly aimed at long-stayers I guess they build up a little community.
We were allocated an accessible room and it worked very well. There's a tub but it's low. If you're on your own, beware the door - it needs the strength of Hercules to open. If you're not on your own, choose a slim partner as the gap between bed and wall on one side is minimal.
The bed is comfortable, furniture rock solid, and the room very well set up for business travelers with, joy of joys, multiple electrical outlets at desk height. Free WiFi works well.
For the more able there's a fitness suite.
Food is available from the honesty shop, situated directly opposite the accessible room (along with the fitness suite - ah, if only.)
One last point in its favor (or favour if you are travelling from England) is that you can bring all your old VHS tapes and play them here - there's a combined VHS/DVD player in the room, which perhaps gives you an idea of its age.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find your Syracuse home away from home at the newly renovated Candlewood Suites. Our multi-million dollar renovated extended-stay hotel is situated less than 5 miles from downtown, just off the New York State Thruway. With Syracuse University, Onondaga Lake, Destiny USA shopping center and the city’s best restaurants less than six miles away, staying at Candlewood Suites is like having your own apartment in the heart of Syracuse. Our 92 condo-style suites feature flat-screen TVs, DVD players, spacious bathrooms, fully equipped kitchens and plenty of room to spread out and relax. Premium appliances like a stovetop, dishwasher, garbage disposal and full-size refrigerator make it easy to prepare great meals in the comfort of your guestroom. Our cozy bedding ensures a great night of sleep, while our spacious work desks and complimentary Wi-Fi help guests stay connected and productive. Arriving with a four-legged friend? Just let us know and we’ll be happy to book you into a pet-friendly suite. Forgot to pack your toothbrush or need to purchase a quick meal? Our on-site Candlewood Cupboard is ready for you, stocked with breakfast items, snacks, beverages, toiletries and more. Other convenient amenities like free guest laundry and a state-of-the-art fitness center make Candlewood Suites a perfect choice for extended stays in Syracuse. Our condo-like accommodations have become a favorite for our extended day travelers seeking comfortable temporary housing close to downtown. Whether you’re relocating to the area or just want to surround yourself with the conveniences of home, you’re sure to love our all-suite property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Syracuse Hotel East Syracuse
- Candlewood East Syracuse
- Candlewood Suites East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Candlewood Suites