“Great hotel”

Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Stayed here in November 2011...3 couples...3 suites. We really enjoyed our stay. Shopped, wined and dined in the Syracuse area. The suites were very clean and very roomy. Breakfast (buffet style) was also included with the room. Staff were all very friendly. Can't provide any negative feedback...We are going back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to tell us how we're doing! It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. It is always wonderful to hear back from our guests on how we're doing as making our guests happy is our number one goal at The Courtyard. Glad you had the opportunity to relax while here. We look forward to your next visit!

Thank you again!"

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed here for just one night when visiting Syracuse University, 2 parents, 2 teens, 2 Queen beds. This is in a clump of hotels right off Rt 90, easy on and off.

The room was clean, beds VERY comfortable, large enough for all four of us, quiet. There was easy access to electricity to recharge all the phones, kindles, ipods -- we appreciated the lamp with the usb recharger port. The staff were very friendly and helpful. T

In the morning, the Starbucks in the lobby made a less than perfect latte - they refunded all of our coffee order AND made new ones for us -- which were perfect.

We went to the nearby Ruby Tuesday for dinner, and don't recommend it. The stand out was their salad bar. None of us liked our entree, and they took a very long time to arrrive. There's one other restaurant in this restaurant clump -- if we went again, we'd try that instead.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Bradley Z, Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

First and foremost I wanted to thank you for choosing The Courtyard by Marriott for your choice in hotels while in Syracuse! I am VERY glad that overall you had a wonderful experience and that you gave us another chance at meeting your Starbucks expectations. We realize that it is because of your help and others like you that we are able to provide impeccable services to each and every guest!

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the Syracuse area!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Nicely kept hotel, recently renovated rooms that have that new clean want to come back to feel. We stayed 2 nights and were very happy with our stay, found the beds very comfortable which was appreciated at the end of the day. We relaxed at the indoor pool and hottub both very clean and inviting. The front desk staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful making us feel at ease and welcome during our visit. we enjoyed our stay and would recommend and also go back again, good value with the renovated rooms.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you very much for your great feedback from your February stay with us at The Courtyard! I am thrilled that you got to take advantage of our wonderful features of our recently remodeled hotel. I definitely appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we're doing. Next time, you must relax at the Bistro and try one of our fabulous Bistro burgers! Thank you again!

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I stayed 3 nights at Courtyard Marriott. The room was clean with a small kitchen, living area. Bed was not separate from living area but not an issue. Free breakfast in the morning which was very good. They did have soup and bread in the evening for free but was not around to try it. 3 restaurants within walking distance otherwise, nothing else within walking distance. The only down side is that there is no elevator so if you are on the second floor it could be an issue if you have a lot of bags. Also, most rooms are separate from where the front desk is with their own outside door but there are rooms in the building where the front desk is at. I chose a room in that building which made it nice for breakfast because I didn't have to wear a coat. Just FYI

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Hello, Thank you for taking the time for the comments. I do believe that you stayed at one of our other Marriotts right next door to us, possibly The Residence Inn? We do have elevators at The Courtyard and I am guessing that these responses should be directed to them. I will gladly pass them along, and again thanks for the wonderful feedback as to how we're doing!

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed here on a business trip. Much renovation was going on- lobby completely blocked off. Had to enter thru a side door and they were doing check-in in what I believe was a conference room. It didn't matter though- incredibly friendly & helpful staff. Plus they were offering hot breakfast every morning for $5 to offset any inconvenience. Room was clean and big- great stay, especially for business!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Bradley Z, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Thank you VERY much for the review and the feedback! I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience as well. We did try our best to make our renovation as smooth as possible and I am happy that my staff provided you with a positive transition.

Please come back, if you have not done so already, to take advantage of our newly remodeled Courtyard. We are completely done with construction and our hotel is even better then before! We are introducing our Bistro that offers Starbucks, alcohol, and later hours for your convenience.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I just have to say how much I appreciate this hotel. I was traveling through NY for three hours looking for any hotel with a room (everything from Albany to Syracuse was booked!). They had a room available, and I got it for a decent price. The staff was super helpful. They are renovating the lobby, but if it doesn't bother you, I suggest staying. The room was lovely, although the sitting room furniture was a little bit worn down. They were helpful in a desperate time, and I am thankful for that.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2011

My recent visit to Syracuse for the Octoberfest was wrapped up with a stay at the Courtyard. This facility is a little older than most and it shows. It really needs a little pick-me-up with torn carpets, some damaged walls, etc. They have moved the computers to a ground floor room, not what I am use to experiancing with a Courtyard. The room was neat and clean and the bed was what I expected, very comfortable. The staff that I dealt with were pleasant, helpful and professional. I think in comparison to other Courtyards that I have visited, this was probably the least favorite yet.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank fastdog13903

Hello, thank you for your feedback regarding The Courtyard by Marriott. I just wanted to update you that we have completely remoded our hotel since your last response and we are better then ever!

Please give us another try so you can experience all we have to offer! We are now featuring our Bistro which offers many breakfast choices including a toasted Southwestern breakfast flatbread pizza and many wonderful dinner options. We now offer alcohol as well!

We hope to see in the near future! Again, thank you for your feed back!