“Very nice!”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
cleveland
“Very nice!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am pretty picky when it comes to hotels. We stopped here on our way to Boston because my husband was tired, so I just hoped for the best as he was checking in. I was more than satisfied with this hotel! It is surprisingly nicely appointed for the price...even down to things like nice bathroom fixtures and curtains. If I had to point out one opportunity for improvement, I would say that the beds were a little too hard. But the place was very clean, and that, to me, is what matters most. Would definitely recommend and would head straight to this hotel if I ever had to stay in the area again!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rdtrpr_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Flemington, NJ
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was an ok hotel to stay at. The room could have been cleaner and the sketchy housekeeping did not help. Each day at least one or two things were forgotten. From not taking out the trash, over not replacing tissues, to getting two lotions but no conditioners, you were never quite sure what would not get done. I work out in my room and I could also admire various assorted crumbs, dustballs etc which never seemed to get cleaned... well eventually they did as it was just too gross for me to keep starting at the same dirt each day, so I cleaned it up. But overall, the room was relatively spacious (though too cluttered with two beds to really make the most of it). Yes, there is no separation between the work/sleeping quarters, but when traveling on business, that really does not matter too much as does the "lack" of two TVs. The breakfast was pretty reasonable for a free breakfast. I wish the minifridge would have also had a freezer compartment as that would have helped with preparing meals with the microwave and buying supplies for a couple of days. Overall an ok stay, but nothing to write home about. Unfortunately, no ATM in the hotel an the bank across the way charges a $3.00 surcharge, so come with cash if you think you'll need it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is located right off Carrier Circle exit of the NYS Thruway making it a convenient stop for traveling east-west on this highway. For me that is the point of staying at one of these predictable chains and we were not disappointed. The facility was easy to find, clean, friendly staff on arrival with a good array for breakfast of both hot and cold items. It is part of the Marriott chain for those considering points.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marsha H
Redlands, CA
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a nice clean typical Springhill Suites. The room was the standard layout. The personnel at this hotel were very nice allowing us to check in early. We thought we were in trouble when a large contingent of high school football players checked in. I made a comment to one of the adults with them when he inquired how I was doing that I would let them know in the morning after the guys played elephant stomp tag on my ceiling. I couldn't have been more wrong. The insulation in this hotel is fantastic or the boys were in bed by 7:30 as we never heard anything. In the morning when the team hit the breakfast room they were neat and polite and the attendant had everything refilled in minutes. All in all a great stay.

Room Tip: Ground floor room was really nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank onlyleigh
NEW YORK
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I spent one night here with my daughter in law and her two small sons. We called ahead and were assured that a crib would be in the room at our arrival. When we checked in we were given a room near the end of the hall and when we entered the room, the crib was all set up as promised.

My first impression of the hotel is that, while almost identical to other SpringHill Suites, it was absolutely spotless! From the lobby to the guest room to the pool and the (very small but adequate) exercise room, it was obvious that the hotel prides itself on cleanliness.

The breakfast was more than adequate. I understand that the use of actual silverware and plates that aren't disposable is probably not going to happen, but it would be nice if they had "real" dishes and silverware. They could also use a bit more seating, but there is no room for additional seating. I waited for a bit and was able to scoop up a table as soon as it became vacant.

My ONLY complaint is that I was the one who slept on the sofa sleeper. These things are notoriously known for being very uncomfortable and this one was as well. I was freezing the entire night as there was only one thin blanket for the sleeper. The two double beds in the room were, however, amazingly comfortable. This is the ONLY reason I didn't rate it as "excellent."

When checking out, we were asked is everything was satisfactory, and I said, truthfully, everything was just perfect!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed May 11, 2013

No complaints. the room was large, a little spartan but wasn't missing anything. Everything was clean, bed linen was standard. Reception was courteous, everything worked. A typically sterile medium budget hotel.

Why can the hotel brands not engage designers who can add warmth and a little character to these boring boxes?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just a quick one night stay here, but was impressed by the front desk. They assigned me a great room near the door which made for an easy exit. Rooms are clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast is included, and pretty basic, but all I want in the morning is a decent coffee, an OJ and maybe a bagel - all provided.

The hotel is only reachable by car and a little way from anything but a Ruby Tuesday, so dining and social requires a drive. However, I loved that the communal area in the hotel had a decent selection of reasonably-priced beers for sale and draws a good (if captive) crowd.

Room Tip: There's a door (keycard-secured!) at each end of the hotel so it's easy to get to the car...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business