“Clean, cookie cutter, good breakfast,,”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse)
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Newer, clean, not walkable to anything. The pool was ok, good for the kids to get some energy out. Breakfast was great, my son is addicted to those pancake machines.
Lots of stores and places to eat just minutes away by car.
I'd stay here again without hesitation, if I ever found myself in the area again.

Stayed: June 2013
Deanna G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse), responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel.

We appreciate all of your comments and insights, I understand what you mean by "cookie cutter", but I hope you found that even though the shell of the hotel may be like many other hotels the inside is alive with wonderful, caring employees that take great pride in their work! For me that is really what a great hotel is about, the people!

We do not advise anyone to walk to the main areas nearby due to the volume of traffic and lack of sidewalk/crosswalks but we are excited that the restaurant next door to us, which has been dark for many years, is undergoing a major facelift and expected to open by the end of this year. So that should be a great option for guests who do not want to get back in the car for a meal.

Hope to see you on your next visit to Syracuse.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for a couple of nights last week. The desk and breakfast staff were friendly, my room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was good and plentiful. I did not have the wifi problems that another reviewer cited. My room was on the first floor in the rear of the building. The only problem I might have had was that the lighting from the parking lot was streaming in toward my windows! But, as I always try to remember a binder clip in my luggage for just this situation, no worries. (It might be a common situation because the housekeeper just left the clip on the curtain for me the next day.) I have become a fan of the HI franchises over the years and enjoyed receiving my Priority Club snack bag on check-in. If I'm back in Syracuse, I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WaverlyCat

Thank you Waverly Cat for your review and I like your snazzy name!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back.

If you would like to contact me directly with your name I can look at the room you were in and make sure the drapes are properly installed/hung I would greatly appreciate it. I am impressed at how resourceful of a traveler you are but, we do want all of the elements in the room to be working properly !

Thank you again and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Syracuse.

deanna@hphco.com

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I titled the review surprise because I'm not a huge fan of the Holiday Inn but the Holiday Inn Express is another matter. The room was clean, the bathroom had good lighting to put on my makeup (big plus since I've stayed at far nicer hotels who can't say that) and the bed was comfortable. I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. I was there for 10 nights which is a long time. I do agree with the other reviewer about the internet. It wasn't the speediest but I found that to be true at the Holiday Inn as well. Overall I would stay here again and would be open to staying at another Holiday Inn Express in the future. One thing to note is the hotel has a relationship with Golds Gym (at least at the time of this review). Be sure to ask about that if you like to workout.

Room Tip: In general the hotel is located in a pretty quiet area. My room faced the front of the hotel and it...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you, Stacey for your review and your comments.

We do look at all feedback as a gift and love reading the reviews of our valued guests, Your review even means more for me that you were here for 10 days so you really got to see all aspects of the operation.

We have had a long standing relationship with the Gold's gym on Widewaters Parkway and we are gladly continuing it for our guests. I also just recently found out that along with use of the gym on a day pass they allow you to participate in any of the classes they offer. It's a great way to get some exercise in when on the road for sure.

Hope your work brings you to Syracuse again soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in E. Syracuse NY last week. The service and accommodations were excellent as was the friendliness of the desk people and the lady at the breakfast room. I can not recommend this Inn enough. Deanna as the Manager knows how to train her employees and it showed. I will always stay there when I am in Syracuse.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Donald P

Thank you, Donald for your thoughtful review on our hotel.

I am very proud of the staff that I have working at the hotel. They make each day a very enjoyable and they really want to learn, improve and delight our guests. I do hope each and every time our repeat guests come back it is my goal that they see us continue to improve with every changing needs and demands in the market place.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The basics - bed/TV/etc. - were fine. However, since WiFi is pretty much a standard in any hotel, I have to comment about it.

I was on the 4th floor, near the center of the hotel. WiFi would not even connect unless I was within a few feet of the door. Periodically, it would hold a signal near the bed or desk, but would frequently drop out. Then, when it did connect, it was pitifully slow. As in, dial-up speed slow. Hard to get anything done with this type of service.

If they can fix the WiFi service, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very friendly staff. Nice room. Clean except for the can of soup i found under the window curtain. Nice facility. Good breakfast that is well monitored and replentished. A perk to have fresh apples at checkin. Pool was very warm which we enjoyed since there wasn't a hot tub. Pool area was very wet as the drain didn't seem to work.

We would go back.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Deanna G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse), responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and comments on our hotel. We do have our housekeeping management team inspect the rooms and I am concerned about your discovery of a can of soup in the curtains. If you could contact me directly at the hotel so I can address which room you stayed and work with the staff to make sure this does not occur again I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you again for your time.

Deanna Granato

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked 5 rooms, all with two queen beds, for a funeral, and they couldn't have been more helpful. We were all on the same floor, and most were near each other. The breakfast was great, especially when you have little ones with you. Cudos to the hotel clerk, who was very accommodating to our needs.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you J Moore for taking the time to leave a review on our hotel. We are sorry that you had to stay with us during this loss in your family but I am glad that we could make the time a bit nicer for you and your famiy.

Deanna Granato

CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#5 of 19 in East Syracuse
Hotel Skyler Syracuse, Tapestry Collection by Hilton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse)? Share your experiences!