Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse)
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
NJ
“Good deal”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you're looking for a clean, relatively inexpensive hotel, this is a good deal. We've stayed twice and have enjoyed our stay each time. A bit of a drive to downtown Syracuse if you want to enjoy the restaurants---you will need to drive. About 10 minute drive to SU

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Deanna G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse), responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you Chris F for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and insight. I do agree with you that we are not close to the downtown restaurants but the one ideal thing about Syracuse is no matter where you want to go it is only a 10 - 15 minute car ride. But for thoes who want to stay close to the hotel we are only a stones throw from Erie Blvd which does have over 15 various restaurants to choose from. Ranging from casual dining, chains, fast food and some really great local finds. Next time you stay at the hotel be sure to ask about the local secrets in our back yard I think you will be pleasantly surprised. We look forward to your next stay at the hotel.

Deanna Granato

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Toronto
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel with huge rooms. The stay would have been perfect if not for the spider on the bed in Room 100.

As we were about to dose off for the night, my baby saw a big spider crawling on our bed ... she was screaming and shouting ... and my instinct told me to kill it with my slippers ... which I did. Our little one was really cared and just kept on crying. I reported this to front desk immediately and he apologized and assured me that they have regular pest control come in to check. He moved us to an (almost) adjacent room. We didn't really get to sleep as my baby kept on crying. Needless to say, she was traumatized.

I reported the incident again in the morning, this time to the manager and she offered a $25 discount. That's it. End of story.

I would like to come back to this hotel but I am worried that unwanted creatures would come crawling on our bed again ...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Deanna G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse), responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are very sorry that you found a spider in your room and that it was such an upsetting episode for your daughter. We do work very hard to make sure everyone’s stay is as perfect as possible. Unfortunately some things are a bit out of our control but we do realize that those rare times things happen it does mare someone’s stay, especially a child who is in a new setting.

We did immediately take the room out of service that you found the spider in, we stripped the entire room, had our pest control company treat the room, they did not find any other spiders or webs, we deep cleaned the room, shampooed the carpets and checked all areas around the windows and HVAC unit to make sure they were caulked tight that there wasn’t any areas a bug could get in. From what I have read online it only takes the smallest crack for a spider to get in and it is more common on a ground floor room, which you were in. But we have never had any issues previous to your stay. We did everything possible we could once we found out about your unpleasant stay to prevent this from occurring again. We even had to take the room off line to allow the carpets to dry from being shampooed, and we were sold out but we were more concerned with all of our guests safety and happiness that renting a room.

We do hope that the next time you travel to our area you will stay with us to see that this was a onetime occurrence. I would suggest maybe an upper floor room as well would ease some of your worries.

Thank you again for your stay and your time in writing a review of our hotel.

Ottawa
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here using points for a shopping trip to Syracuse. I had not stayed at a Holiday Inn for about 20 years. This one is about 3 years old, so it's new and modern. Our room and bathroom were nice, the bed was comfortable. I liked that they don't have those silly decorative pillows on the bed, they never stay clean. Cleaning could always be a bit better, but I feel this way about every hotel these days.

What stands out about this place was the staff at the front desk, we had a better welcome than we usually get at more expensive hotels. The staff the next morning were just as professional and nice.

Can't comment on the breakfast that is included because we seldom eat those, and go out instead. I don't enjoy the food or atmosphere in these types of hotels. However, my husband went to get a coffee and said the area was very clean and well run. We would certainly stay here again. It was a short drive to the mall, and there are places to eat dinner in nearby Fayetteville.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review on our hotel. We appreciate you choosing our location for your rewards stay. We have seen a large amount of people coming to Syracuse now that our largest mall Destiny USA is pretty far along with retail tenants and new entertainment spots. We hope that your next trip to Syracuse you are able to stay at our hotel and maybe you could try a cinnamon roll on the breakfast, they are our signature item and really delicious.

Valrico, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Loved our stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Well maintained, good breakfast, great location, rooms were very nice. Only two small complaints. Beds were a bit hard and the pool was a little chilly but not too bad. Those were the only two small things. The hotel was wonderful and I would definitely stay there again. Loved it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel as well as your review. I read your profile and see that you have traveled extensively so I am sure your insights to our hotel are even that more helpful to your future guests who have not stayed at this location. I am sorry that the pool was a bit cool on the day you used it, I believe it usually is very warm but there are days after a lot of use that we have to drain & add water and that does take a brief period of time to get back up to temperature, so it is possible that you caught the pool at the window of time. We look forward to your next stay at our hotel. Thank you again.

Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We just finished traveling from Colorado to New Hampshire and I have to say that this particular hotel was one of the best that we have stayed at. From the time we checked in till the time we checked out the staff was awesome. I would like to personally thank Bryck for his hospitality and friendliness. This was our third Holiday Inn Express and he was the only one that thanked me for being a Platinum Priority Club member. Not only did he check us in quickly but gave us directions and a list of restaurants that were in the area. If I am ever again in Syracuse I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Deanna G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse), responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your heartfelt review on our hotel. We are honored at your praise and comments of our staff and their hard work. Each and every member of the team works hard to make our guests feel welcome and it is obvious they did just that on your recent stay.

I shared your review with Bryck personally as well as posted it on our hotel face book page so we could brag about Bryck a little bit more. You made his day for sure!

We look forward to your next visit to Syracuse!

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Super friendly staff, very clean. Staff always willing to help with anything. Breakfast is varied and always has multiple choices depending on your tastes. Pool is nice, and fitness center is equipped well. Not much within walking distance. Plenty within 5 miles if you drive. The only reason I rated the value a 4 is they don't have a fridge and microwave in each room. The suites do, but not standard rooms.

• Stayed June 2013
Deanna G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse), responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We hear every day from new guests at our hotel how helpful the reviews are online to making decisions on hotel choices.

I am glad you were able to enjoy all of the amenities we have to offer at our hotel. You are correct in saying that only our suites are equipped with fridges and microwaves but we do leave a microwave out in our great room for guests to use in non-breakfast hours. We also have a small amount of fridges available upon request and do our very best to honor each and every request. We also allow guest to place small items in our kitchen fridge or freezer. We hope that your travels plans bring you back to Syracuse soon so you can return to our hotel. Thank you again!

Deanna L Granato
PA
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My company encourages us to stay at HI Properties and this is certainly the best one in the Syracuse area.The rooms and breakfast are to a good standard (However typical) the staff are always welcoming on arrival.
The hotel is quiet and well situated to the major roads and many restaurant choices are very close.
I highly recommend this HI Express it ticks all the boxes when travelling.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We toughly appreciate your insights, We also love the your statement, "the best one in the Syracuse area !" we realize travelers have a lot of choices in the SYR area, as well as when looking at Holiday Inn Express hotels there are 4 to choose from, so we greatly appreciate that sentiment even more. Looking forward to your next stay at our hotel.

Deanna L Granato
#1 of 1 in Fayetteville
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#4 of 32 in Syracuse

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse)? Share your experiences!