We were in Syracuse to meet family and picked the Embassy Suites for it's online description of amenities (indoor pool, spa, on site restaurant, etc.), but will never stay here again.
The hotel was overrun by undisciplined and disrespectful kids. When we tried to use the pool for example; we found it to be over crowded (with little or no adult supervision), or the water was so filthy (too cloudy to see the bottom and "things" floating on the surface) that I wouldn't get in, let alone allow my 8 year old daughter to. Kids were allowed to run around and scream from the balconies of the atrium while blowing noise makers, and no one said a thing (parent or staff). Even though there was a 9PM curfew for minors posted in the lobby, that didn't stop them from running up and down the stairs at all hours of the night slamming doors and making as much noise as possible.
The suite was "decent", but my wife had to clean the bathroom herself due to how dirty it was and also had to clean hairs out of the tub from previous guests. Their TV channel selection is pitiful as well. They don't even have the Weather Channel, HBO or the YES network, and this is New York. There were no additional linen or pillows for the sofa bed and the pillows that were in the bedroom were so used and flat, you had to use 3 just so your head wasn't laying on the bed. We called housekeeping for additional pillows, but it took more than 2 hours for them to bring them. Also, the sheet that was on the sofa bed had blood stains on it (picture attached). To housekeeping's credit, they were there in minutes to remake the bed.
On the hotel's website; they list an onsite restaurant that is open for lunch and dinner, but in actuality it doesn't open until 5PM. We tried it the first night and wished we had just gone hungry. I ordered a burger cooked medium and received a charcoal brick on a bun. My wife and daughter ordered a pizza and not only did it have no flavor what so ever, the dough wasn't cooked all the way through. Not to mention their drink/food menu that is posted on the hotel's site is not what we were given in the restaurant.
The only positive comment I can make about our stay is about the wait staff for breakfast and the nightly Managers reception. They were very friendly and attentive.
We have stayed at countless Embassy Suites over the years and this Hotel should be re-branded, because it is certainly not one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite property featuring spacious two-room suites, complimentary full cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary beverages and snacks at our complimentary evening reception. The hotel is conveniently located off the New York State Thruway (i-90) at Exit 35 and Carrier Circle, just minutes from Downtown Syracuse, Hancock International Airport, Syracuse University, LeMoyne College and Destiny USA. Many outdoor recreational activities are available including Onondaga State Park, beaches and public golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Syracuse
- Embassy Suites East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Embassy Suites