“Loved the atmosphere and room.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse

Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
East Northport, United States
“Loved the atmosphere and room.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Loved the hotel although our maid service was sub par. The hotel lobby was beautiful, the mangers reception was lovely. The rooms were spacious and the restaurant was fabulous. The only disappointment was the housekeeping service. However, I would definitely stay here again

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hi Colleen,
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit! Yes - our room cleanliness is now in the top 25% of the Embassy Brand! We look forward to serving you in the future!
Thanks,
Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Elizabethtown, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here for just a one night, winter get-away. When our kids were young, we used to take them here for a nice, mid-winter surprise. We had never had a bad experience here until this last stay. The hotel is nice and it's clean. WE used the pool and the hot tub, which are attractive and relaxing as well. "Cocktail" hours offerings were very limited. I don't drink alcoholic and they offer no non- alcoholic beer. I drank watered down ginger ale. The breakfast was good and the freshly made omelettes are the BOMB!

We first noticed that we had a problem when we entered the room it must have been 80 degrees in there. We attempted to turn the temp. down on the thermostat but it didn't not seem to change the temp. in the room at all. We ended up having to open a window, which had no screen and there was a lower roof which made our room accessible to anyone that could gain access to that roof. To sum it up, to be able to even STAND being in the room, you had to leave the window open, which made your room unsecured to the outside. When we complained about it at the front desk, we were told that the A/C is turned off for the season and the open window is the only way to make it cooler in the rooms. When we were in the hot tub, a nice family from Ontario was telling us that their room was the same way.

The next problem that we had was when we came in for the evening and decided to go on our tablets and access the internet. We were unable to after probably 5 attempts entering the appropriate usernames and passwords.

We then decided to give up on that and watch the large flat screen TV in our room. We were able to turn it on, we had audio but no video. I tried everything that you can think of to get a picture but it was not to be. We called the front desk to report this problem at about 10:15. You would think that 45 mins. lead time would be plenty to have someone come up and figure out the TV for us in time to catch the 11:00 news but at this place, this time....is was not. We sat and waited until 11:30 and called down to the front desk and told them to just forget it now because we're going to bed. No battery cover on the remote either, which is petty but when you're paying almost $200 a night, you kind of expect more.

The next morning we explained all of our issues to the nice lady on duty. She apologized for the problems that we experienced and did offer to add additional points to our rewards account. We still had a good time but a bit of a disappointment, considering the price that we paid for one night.

We did get a form letter from Chezza F. Casino, Front Office Manager, I emailed her back explaining in detail the troubles that we had at her property, that was 11 days ago and we've received no response. I know that Embassy Suites can do better!

Room Tip: The higher rooms have the best views of the atrium.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AdirondackGypsy
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Hi AdirondackGypsy,
My Front Office Manager has reached out to you separately to address these specific concerns. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit - it doesn't sound like a typical experience and I hope you consider returning to see what we're really all about.
Thanks,
Wakefield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We recently stayed here for two nights. Our room was located on the fifth floor overlooking the water features in the lobby. The room itself was very nice--very clean and spacious. The living room had a writing desk/table, a comfortable couch (that turned into a comfortable bed), and an arm chair. There was also a wet bar with fridge, microwave, and sink. Our bedroom featured two comfortable double beds, an armoire, dresser, and vanity table. Each room had a large (perhaps 42 inch) flat screen TV. The room was clean, and the furnishings were in excellent condition. The room was very comfortable for four adults.

As a previous reviewer stated, the temperature in the room was higher than comfortable for us, and the in room thermostat didn't control the temperature. We turned it down as low as it would go (60 degrees), and it made no difference in the hotel. We had some Rolos candy on the coffee table room, and the temperature was so warm that the chocolate actually melted!

The free breakfast at the hotel was very good the first day, and excellent the second day. The first day, the hotel was busier so they set up a buffet. The food on the buffet was only lukewarm, and some of it (the breakfast potatoes, French toast sticks and pancakes) seemed like they had been sitting around for a while. The cooked to order omelets were fantastic though.

The second morning, everything was cooked to order. Once again, we had a fantastic omelet. We also tried the French toast, which was very bland.

There was also a managers reception each evening that included free drinks (including mixed drinks), and chips and pretzels for a snack. It wasn't worth changing plans to attend, but if you are in the hotel while it's going on, it's worth stopping by for a drink.

One thing of note is that all rooms overlook the lobby and restaurant/bar. The first night of our trip, there was a lot going on (a wedding, a fashion show, lots of groups of kids, etc.), and the noise level from the lobby travelled up to our room. Though we didn't notice it much in the bedroom, we could hear the lobby noise in the living room.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hi! Thanks for the good review score! I'll see that your feedback about our breakfast fare is received by our F&B team. As for the heat issues, it's definitely been a recurring issue lately. Our engineering team is seeking a permanent solution.
We're all looking forward to seeing you again!
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I travelled here from Florida on business. Great hotel, great service. Free airport shuttle was nice. BUT the best was Fran's breakfast omelet - well cooked, fresh ingredients, and YUMMY!
If you are sick of lousy hotel breakfasts, THIS is the place to stay in Syracuse, New York.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hi! Thanks for the excellent review!
Fran, as our reigning 'Associate of the Year' is truly indispensible!
I will ensure you that we celebrate her having made a difference.
Best Regards,
Mahopac Falls, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Upon check in, walking through the doors, I noticed two things. First was the blast of heat that hit me in the face as I entered, and second, was a gentleman picking up from the front desk, a fan for his room. Quick calculation told me, uh-oh, this could be a problem. So I continued to check in remaining positive, being it was around 11pm and I had two children and husband in tow. Also, the 4 1/2 hour road trip up the thruway, we were buffeted by 50 mph frigid wind gusts. Which made for a harrowing trip. These winds will factor in to this review quite heavily. So for the minute I'm happy we arrived safely and was looking forward to our weekend in Syracuse. We checked in, was given our key and up we went. We opened the doors to our room and lo and behold it was even hotter in the room than out in the entry area. Now I can take a lot of things, but I can't tolerate heat. At all. Deal breaker for me. So I call the front desk and gingerly ask if there is a "problem" with the heat? And I am told in a very kind way that no, there isn't a problem, it's always like that in the winter. I said well I can't sleep like this and the said they understood, and suggested I open my window. So we open the window and we have 50 mph windgustswind gusts blowing in the room. Being it was maybe20degrees out, this was a problem. Bigger problem turns out we can't shut the window either. So we rigged up the ironing board in the room to hold the window in place. Made it through the night, and got out of there first thing in the morning. They credited us back $50 for the problems. That was nice. So if you like it really warm go to embassy suites. It will be right up your alley!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank luvmyplumber
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hi Luvmyplumber,
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments!
I am really curious which room you were in - your report is highly atypical of our spacious two room suites! The problems with the window are not on my 'Everything' report from the weekend and I need to ensure proper working order for our future guests.
Hopefully we have an opportunity to welcome you in the future.
Regards,
Oswego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I go there on business a couple times a year, the rooms are always clean and quiet and the food is good. I have never had to wait more than a few minutes to check in or out. I especially like the night reception and the complimentary breakfast, two ways to save money!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Kathy W
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Hi Kathy,
Clean rooms, quality F&B, efficient desk agents, and added value!
You hit some key points here! I'm glad you enjoy your experience with us and look forward to serving you next time.
Thank You!
Godfrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Great hotel, nice reno's. Full cooked to order breakfast, free booze at night from 5:30-7:30--great selection of drinks. The down side, they still charge $10 a day for internet--and this only includes one device!!

1 Thank Michelle M
Hi! Thanks for the great review!
I'm glad you brought up our Wifi service! Very soon, we will be introducing a tiered service plan so that basic internet access can be utilized at no cost throughout the hotel! Of course, speeds adequate for video streaming and gaming will be available at an additional charge but the basic service for email and web browsing will be complimentary. I do not have a date for this to go live, but stay tuned and feel free to reach out to us for updates!
Regards,
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse
Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse
Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse
#3 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse? Share your experiences!