“Not told of pool and hot tub out of order”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Were given this as a special birthday gift to just get away for the night and enjoy the pool and hot tub. We were not advised that they were out of order. Then they credited my bill with a reduced rate. The money was not the point, I had paid good money for the room which was fine but only to find out the pool area was down due to being broke. Other people were given a free night for their inconvenience , but was never offered the same. Called an d the manager lady was suppose to call me back in a couple of hours and well it is almost 4 days later and no call.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Hello,
I am sorry to hear that things did not go as planned. Our desk staff should have notified you at check in of the situation. I'd like to make sure our front office manager has a chance to discuss this as you mentioned... please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel to discuss. Anyway, I hope you'll give us another chance now that the heated pool and hottub are up and running!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The Embassy Suites provides a welcoming atmosphere for guests. The lobby is full of beautiful live foliage and the sounds of a babbling stream. This scene sets the tone for a wonderful stay - perfect for a quick getaway. The indoor pool and complimentary reception doesn't hurt!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank You!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

On Saturday February 2nd, 2014, we booked a king bed suite at this hotel. We were staying here before catching a flight out of Syracuse to Orlando. At about 10:30 pm the people in the room beside us were being very loud so we gave the bedroom to our two children anticipating that these people would continue to be loud. We did call the front desk to ask if these people could be asked to keep it down.
At 1:30 am, we called the front desk again since the people next door were still being loud. Security did come up to talk to them because they talked in the corridor and we could hear everything. A person from the room next door was asked to go downstairs to talk to the manager.
After this the police arrived and escorted the people next door out of the hotel. We were relieved at this point because my husband and felt we could finally get some sleep.
Not for long because at 3am housekeeping arrived and started to vacuum the room next door. My husband called the front desk to ask them to stop the vacuuming so that we might get some sleep. They explained that "there was cake all over the floor" and they needed to clean it up. Thankfully the vacuuming stopped.
We had to get up at 5:30am to get ready to head over to the airport. When we stopped at the front desk no one asked us how our stay was, and there was no apology. My husband and I might have got a total of 4 hours sleep(thankfully our kids did not hear the shenanigans of that night). Unfortunately I had already paid for this room sine I had booked it online and we did not have the time to talk to anyone not that the person at the front desk cared anyway. Will never stay here again!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Hi Annette,
I'm very sorry to hear we failed you. It is certainly difficult to manage the occasional guest(s) who aren't compliant with our hotel decorum. However you bring up some issues we as a team can improve on as well. I hope you consider giving us another chance as your experience is certainly not consistent with our efforts to exceed expectations.
Thanks,

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Heat was on and we could not turn it back. Room was probably 80 degrees. The hotel staff said all we could do is open a window, that wasn't the answer I expected. I've stayed at this hotel several times and this was the first issue I've had.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thanks for taking the time to review your visit. I'm sorry the heat control was faulty. It's something our engineers can fix, so it seems like our front desk team would benefit from some training on this matter.
From your review, it sounds like we'll have a chance to get back on the right track and I look forward to your next visit to do so.
Regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have stayed at this Embassy Suites now several times. It is a convenient stopping point in the area, and reasonable. The hotel is quite large and easy to locate next to the Thruway. Rooms are suite style, so even though my group is two adults and three children, we are comfortable in one room. While I have used the pool on once or twice, and it is fine, it's the breakfastthat is a notable favorite. Nothing too special, but fresh omelettes, good coffee, and plenty of stuff for kids. Starts us off very happy.

Front desk always friendly and well staffed. Parking free and very safe.

Room Tip: They all seem quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for the good comments! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have stayed at the Syracuse Embassy Suites on numerous occasions. Have never had a poor stay or any issues with the Hotel. Highly recommend the Hotel for the value. Great breakfast that is made fresh.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Matthew S, Owner at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The Embassy Suites in East Syracuse joined with our non profit, David's Refuge, to pour life and hope into parents of special needs children. They reduced the price, they treated our guests as if they were royalty, and met their every need. Everyone left feeling ready to go back to the task of full time care giving. The Manager and Director of Sales personally greeted us and made sure everything worked smoothly. The rooms were clean, the food was abundant and good, and our mission was accomplished. Thank you Embassy Suites!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

HI Warren,
It is my the pleasure, and the pleasure of my team to work with your organization.
Many Thanks!

Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#5 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse? Share your experiences!