“It was ok”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I visit this area a few times a year and I unfortunately won't come back. The food in the hotel resturaunt this time wasn't that good. I was told that even as a HHmember I still have to pay for the internet. I was also annoyed with the tv station selections.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Hi Deanna,
Thanks for your comments. Yes, our TV package is specially selected to include as much family friendly content as possible.
Best Regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I love staying at this hotel - their lobby is really amazing with a "jungle" like feel to it and fish swimming in water. My daughter loves it. The rooms are great too - I like the suite with 2 rooms - it's a bit noisy in living area of the suite, but once you go into the bedroom you can't hear the noise from the lobby.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Hello! Thanks for the great 4 star review!
We look forward to your next visit!
Thanks,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Where to start? First of all we have stayed at this location many times before this but have never had such a horrible experience. It was getting a bit tired so we had started to frequent other hotels but we heard it had been renovated so we decided to give it another try. It is renovated and looks less tired but our room had a fuzzy tv, awful pillows (none for the pullout so we had to give up some of ours to the kids), the toilet was unstable and the shower mechanism felt like it might fall off.

Not sure if the restaurant has changed hands but the food was terrible and crazy expensive for what you get - $71 for food that was burned and incorrect....

But we could have overlooked that if there hadn't been kids running up and down the metal stairs right beside my room and screaming until 3 oclock in the morning. When I approached the front desk the next morning I was told it was a "family friendly" hotel and that there was really nothing that they could do about it! Really? I had to sign a waiver that said my children would not behave that way.... guess those people didn't have to sign the same form.

I asked to be switched to another room and was accomodated. The group that was there for some kind of games was out of control and made it unpleasant for all of us but it didn't seem to matter. I mean does someone urinating on a table in the lobby scream family friendly to you? And yes, that really did happen....

Oh, and the new internet policy is that it costs $9.95 daily for EACH device - that would have been $40 for my family! I was told that I could use the business centre if I wanted to have access. I understand that they need to pay for the renos and I get that the big group of loud people with the out of control kids meant a lot more money to the hotel than my little family but we come to Syracuse a half a dozen times each year - I would have expected to be treated with a bit more respect as a Hilton's Honour member and someone who has been a regular guest in the past.

Lookout Homewood Suites - here we come!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel.
Your visit is completely atypical of Embassy Suites.
Our restaurant is operated by the hotel. The conduct you describe would not be tolerated at our hotel. If you wish, please feel free to contact me at the hotel to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was my third stay this year. The hotel and rooms are very nice and clean. The restaurant/bar has been open for lunch and dinner in the past. This time the restaurant did not open until 5p.m. One of the things that I liked about this hotel in the past was being able to have lunch in the bar and watch tv. There was no room service available before 5 pm. The hot tub was not working and the pool was cold. The pool area is not checked by the staff on a regular basis. There were alot of unsurpervised children using the pool area. Some of these children were walking through the garden and then tracking the dirt into the hot tub. When the hot tub was working it was too disgusting to use. The hot tub should be for adults only. The pool area needs to be checked by staff on a regular basis. The hotel is designed around the atrium which is beautiful, however the sound does carry upwards to the upper floors. There is a sign in the lobby advising parents that after 9 pm children are not to be in public areas unsupervised. This is not enforced and unfortunately there was alot of noise until around 11 pm. I like staying in this area I think next time I will choose the Hilton or Best Western.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Hi Julie,
Yes - our new restaurant beings suite service at 4pm and opens for dinner at 5pm.
Our weekend MOD rounds require frequent pool area inspection - and our engineering team additionally check the area regularly at all times. I'm not sure what fell through when you visited but I will bring this issue to the attention of our team for correction.
I certainly encourage you visit again - please feel free to contact me directly to coordinate your reservation!
Thanks,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed here on a recent trip to SU. I've always had a good experience with the Embassy Suites brand and this was no exception. We utilized the pool, business center, manager's reception and free breakfast. The service was excellent. I was mistakenly booked in a smoking room at 1st and when I asked to be moved there was no hesitation from the front desk. We were moved to a big room on the main floor which I was worried about due to its location to the bar but the room was quiet. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are stocked with whatever amenities you may need. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend the Embassy Suites in East Syracuse.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Amber,
Thanks for the great review!
I'm sorry to hear we placed you in a smoking room erroneously, but glad we corrected the issue quickly! Thanks for bringing that to our attention.Thanks for your future recommendations! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were traveling to visit Syracuse University and found this hotel to be exactly what we wanted. I will definitely stay here again when we go back. We wished we had more time to use the pool as it was beautiful and keep calling to us. THe staff were excellent and even when they encountered a technical problem with the room key machine, they escorted us to our room and made the problem seamless to the guests. Safe and Clean!!! Breakfast was good, just need to check the toaster as it was locked on lowest possible setting and took 5 times running it through to get any color on the toast. Hopefully they will fix this as it was not a mechanical error but a management setting with a lock.

Hi Kimberly,
Thanks for the excellent review!
We did in fact adjust the toaster! Not sure if you brought it to our attention while you were here, but once we heard we fixed it.
Anyway - I'm glad you had an enjoyable visit and hope you return next time your visiting SU!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The staff tried to be helpful but if they had honored my request for a quiet room then I would have never even needed their help. Couldn't believe we got put on the highway side of the hotel. I'm a light sleeper and could hear the swoosh of the trucks very clearly. Thank goodness for noise machine apps on the phone. It's an inviting, pretty lobby and the rooms are fine and feel updated but if you get on the highway side, it's not very pleasant. Breakfast is done well with the cooked to order eggs. Also, make sure to plug Old Collamer Road SOUTH into your gps or mapquest because we got lost late at night when the directions took us to Old Collamer Rd North.

Hi!
Thanks for taking the time to review your visit to the hotel!
I am sorry however that we could not accommodate your request. During our busiest times, we unfortunately cannot meet all room requests. When we have a full house, room assignment often comes down to which rooms are ready at the time of guest arrival. However, if you'd like to coordinate your next visit through a member of our sales team please feel free to reach out to me live!
Best Regards,