“Great Hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I selected this Embassy Suites because it was close to the airport and in the Hilton Honors family...I was not disappointed! The hotel is very nice and clean and of course the staff are courteous and very professional! My only regret is that I had an early flight and I did not get to have breakfast! :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thanks for the great review!
I'm glad you enjoyed our central location, attention to detail and genuine hospitality!
We get our signature cooked to order breakfast started each weekday at 6:00am... I am sorry you missed it, but hopefully next time you can stay and enjoy!
Matt

Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel has undergone some renovations since our last stay. The rooms are much nicer than they were previously with fresh paint/wallpaper, carpet, etc. The public areas and the amenities at the hotel are very clean and inviting. The night we stayed, there was a private function, so the manager's reception had to be moved to a smaller part of the atrium. It was very well done and the servers were extremely friendly. The manager's reception is one of the reasons we tend to choose Embassy Suites when possible, because it allows us to relax, catch up with one another, and get ready for dinner.

Our major issue with our stay this time is that the hotel's restaurant is apparently being renovated. We did not want to leave the hotel for dinner (especially after having a couple of drinks at the manager's reception). Our only option was to call a local pizzeria that has an association with the hotel. We were able to charge the "dinner" to our room, and the food was fine, but it wasn't quite the dining experience we would have preferred. We understand the hotel needs to renovate, but it should publicize this on their website. Hopefully their restaurant will be open soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the Thruway. Those rooms are much quieter since you don't...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keith W

Thanks for the Positive Review!
And thanks for noticing all the work we have completed in 2013! Brand new suites, new lobby seating areas and more! As you point out, the restaurant will reopen in November... hopefully in time for your next time here!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2013

although there were no extra pillows or blankets in the room, it was quite comfy. Microwave and fridge are definitely a plus. A little out of the way from SU, but not far at all if you know your way around the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thanks for the great review!
Please let us know when you return next time and I'll make sure your suite is stocked with extra pillows... we'll even make up the pull out sofabed if you'd like!
Best Regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Potential visitors should be mindful of two things: the substandard level of cleanliness (which extends to food service - the salsa accompanying the eggs at breakfast had fermented) and that the hotel actually permits having parties en suite. My family and I visited on the nights of October18, 2013 and October 19, 2013. On October 19, 2013, beginning at approximately 8:00 pm, the suite next door was began hosting a 'tween' birthday party with no fewer than 10 young guests who were mainly unsupervised. The extremely loud shrieks, squeals, thuds, and general mayhem lasted until the middle of the night. I phoned the front desk at 11:00 pm and the front clerk, unprompted, told me it was a birthday party and that she would send security to ask them to calm down. I had to phone again at approximately 1:30 am when the entire family was woken up by what I can only assume was one of the so-called chaperones yelling at the kids ("BE QUIET MARIAH! ") While I respect management's right to determine whether this type of function is permissible in one of its rooms, guests should be aware prior to making a reservation.
Additionally, we had phoned one day in advance and asked that our room be outfitted with a cot. We were told this would be no problem. However, upon check-in, the agent informed us cots had not been in service at that hotel for 14 years. It would not have been a problem to bring our own portable version had we known, but why claim that it will be taken care of when so clearly it will not?

Room Tip: Harrowing - there is no such thing here, what with the cleanliness and the permissible activities.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to review your visit this weekend.

Your feedback about complimentary omelet station is a big concern! Although no other complaints were received, I will bring this to the attention of our F&B department!

I am sorry to hear about the noise issues from the room next to yours. Large parties are definitely not permitted, but it seems that we missed this one. I truly apologize for the disturbance.

Our suites all with pullout sofas don't accommodate additional cots as you were advised. However I will ensure our front desk is aware of this so as to avoid mis-informing in advance.
I'm sorry we missed the mark with your stay but if you'd like to call and discuss further please reach me at the hotel.

Thanks,
Matt Scaramastra

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We only stayed for 2 nights. The suite was large, comfortable and clean. Having the two T.V.'s was handy as we each got to watch our favourite shows. The first night our room was facing the highway. Quite the traffic noise. I couldn't sleep but my husband had no problem. The next morning we asked for a room away from the traffic. Staff was most accommodating. Second night's sleep was great! The beds and linens were very comfortable. The breakfast was a wonderful choice of hot and cold foods. Quite the variety. The lobby was beautiful with a koi pond and stone paths. The manager's reception was more than I had expected with a selection of snacks, fresh vegetables and dip, crackers and chips. The complimentary drinks was a nice touch and the service was friendly. Staff were quick with direction sheets to various places. Will stay there again if in the area but will ask for a room away from the traffic.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the traffic are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi!

Thanks for the good review!

As you point out, noise from outside is a disturbance for some and white noise to others, but I'm glad we situated you in a quiet room on the second night. Let me know next time you return and I'll make sure you are assigned to a room that will suit your whole family!

Otherwise, I'm glad you enjoyed our indoor atrium, complimentary breakfast, and complimentary evening cocktail reception!

Please come visit the Embassy again soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel has a great location in East Syracuse. Managers reception has a lot to be desired when it comes to the food, staff is great and drinks are great. Restaurant was closed so we had to make other plans for supper, I would never stay here again if the restaurant was closed.. I was at the hotel for 4 days (2 days were over the weekend) and I never heard or saw anyone working on the restaurant, a lot of people would say this was good because they didn't bother anyone. They hotel doesn't require their staff to pay attention to detail e.g. the shower rod in our bathroom was ready to fall down. I would stay at this property again as long as the restaurant was open and will recommend it to anyone who asks me....

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Hi There,

Thanks for the good review! I'm happy to say that our restaurant and lounge will reopen in November!

Please feel free to contact me in advance of your next visit to help ensure we are ready to exceed your expectation!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is an older hotel but was clean and well kept. The four-story open lobby is quite pretty with a meandering stream and a small koi pond. The included breakfast was just okay, even with the made to order omelet. As you entered our room, there is a separate sitting room with a couch and lamps and table, and then a door to the bedroom, which is nice if one person wants to read in the sitting area and one wants to sleep. Our room was quiet, and the mattress was comfortable. The hotel personnel were pleasant. The manager's party with complimentary drinks and minimal snacks was okay -- didn't really like the drinks, but it was free, so it was a nice thought.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Hello,
Thanks for the good review! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit overall! I'd love to ensure a perfect visit next time. My F&B team is always seeking ways to vary and enhance our breakfast offering. I'll share your comments - perhaps we can exceed your expectations next time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse
#3 of 19 in East Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse / Carrier Circle
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse? Share your experiences!