“Excellent for Family Reunions!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our 3rd stay at this location for a family reunion. Each time we have stayed, the staff have been extremely accommodating trying to meet all our requests (rooms on the same floor, banquet rooms for family meals, rooms for gathering, etc.). Each person encountered was pleasant and helpful from checkin to Manager's Reception, to Housekeeping and Breakfast staff. We have never been disappointed in our stay at this particular hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone whether for large group gatherings or single families. It's a great deal when you have 2 adult children (21 & 23) and need to "separate" them due to gender. The option to have 2 double beds and an additional fold our couch in the "living" area is a BIG plus!

Room Tip: We've never had a "bad" room at this location.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

You're right! Family reunions are a great fit for our spacious suites. I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience with us! All the best until your travels bring you back!

Thanks,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great hotel. When we checked in our room wasn't ready. After checking back a couple of times they gave me one night free for my delay. The rest of the stay was great. Nice rooms, breakfast, etc.
I thought it would be a little closer to Syracuse University but it wasn't a bad drive. The hotel provided a map and help finding a few stores. All the staff was very eager to please.

Hi Julie,

Sorry to hear about the delay you experienced at check in! However I am glad that we rebounded and that you enjoyed our newly renovated suites and signature, complimentary breakfast!

Please come back and see us again!

Thanks,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great hotel, comfy , clean room, nice pool and hot tub, free evening drinks, and a full breakfast! Staff is polite and courteous. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only problem we had was room next to us continually slammed their door all night , but that is not a hotel issue, just a rude guest

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Sounds like you hit all the bases! I'm especially glad you found the suite to be clean, our staff to be polite that you would recommend us!

Looking forward to next time!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

What a great experience our family had at this Embassy Suites Hotel!! Everything was clean and very orderly. The lobby area was beautiful. We enjoyed the pool which was clean. Overall, a Great Experience!!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thanks for the great review! I'm happy to head your family enjoyed the Embassy!

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The hotel itself is amazing. a huge hotel with a man made creek inside, a nice morning buffett and a great lobby. The downsides are that if you are working in syracuse, it is a bit out of the way, and the drive from syracuse to the hotel is in some shady areas. the hotel area itself is a corporate park like area with a lot of other hotels in the area. There are always people walking at night, and it is pretty safe.
Some little naggy things about the hotel, it has 5 floors and about 75 rooms on each floor, but only has 2 elevators. The rooms only have 1 air conditioner vent in each room of the suite, and it is very difficult for it to pump out the air. I had mine set at 64 all week and the room barely got below 70.
The hotel did recogonize my diamond status, but did nothing to go out of the way to make it special. I did get the room in my preferences.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the positive review! Many guests love our creek and Koi Pond... did you know some of our Koi are over 25 years old? The atrium is certainly a nice setting in the dreary days of Winter!

I'd be happy to assist if I can with coming up with a route from the hotel to your work site that will bring you through areas of Syracuse that avoid areas of concern!

Also, we pay close attention to our Diamond guests. I am sorry we fell short of your expectations, but are working to develop innovative ways to recognize our Hilton Honor Loyal Members.

Thank You!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is our second time staying at the Embassy Suites in Syracuse, and what a disappointment this stay has been! The first time we visited the hotel (last years spring) it was pretty good, I liked how the rooms were spacious and the lobby was cool to hang out in with the fish pond and the plants. When we got to the hotel in our recent stay there was no more fruity water in those lemonade dispensers (which my younger siblings and I loved), but our room on the forth floor had gotten a bit of an upgrade (new art, retiled bathroom, new carpet, bigger tvs, new wallpaper, ect.) which was really nice and seemed to be clean. Then when it was bed time, we unfolded the sofa bed and saw that the sheets were disgusting, I found a chunk of hair, dirt and worst of all a dead bug! So my mom called the front desk and ordered new sheets, a staff member came up half an hour later and handed us seemingly fresh sheets and a blanket with stains and holes in it (but I think it was washed). Another thing I have to complain about is that you can hear every single noise in the hotel from your room, I know that most hotels have bad walls but you can hear literally EVERYTHING coming from the walkways/hallways and lobby (the hotel is very open concept) which is annoying, at midnight you can hear music and people laughing (even though theres a 9pm curfew). Next time my family and I visit Syracuse, I don't think we'll be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thanks for returning to our hotel! Although, I'm sorry that we didn't deliver this time...
Our spacious suites, atrium lobby, Koi pond and landscaping do make a nice indoor setting! Since your visit, we have returned the Fruit Elixir to the lobby. It's very troubling to read the cleanliness issues you experienced but we are using this opportunity to address the issues that lent to these occurrences.

I hope you will reconsider our hotel and would be grateful for an opportunity to speak with you to coordinate a reservation.

Regards,
Matt

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I liked everything about the hotel, but was disappointed with:

1.) wi-fi didn't work in the evening and it put my plans to get some work done on hold.
2.) manager's reception is a great idea which free booze and finger foods, but they don't offer cognac with it because as the lady at the bar said "not for manager's reception but it is a good one!", which is somewhat an uninformed statement because cognac doesn't really cost any more than gin and whiskey which was offered. Since there is no difference in price, and some guests prefer it, why not offer it!?!?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of the hotel!
I'm sorry however to hear our complimentary wifi didn't get the job done! In August, we did change our log in process and experienced some related issues however connection speeds of late have increased and are adequate for streaming video and most other web applications.
We try to provide the most commonly requested options at our complimentary evening reception such as beers, wines, rum, gin, vodka, Canadian and Irish whiskey, bourbon and tequila. Our restaurant and bar however will offer a fully stocked bar once reopened this Fall!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#5 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse? Share your experiences!