“Beautiful hotel, great staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed April 17, 2008

The interior of this hotel is very nice, and the rooms are extremely spacious. The location of this hotel is nice that it's removed from downtown Syracuse, but only a 15 minute drive to anything you need to get to. There is a free breakfast and free drinks in the evenings (although this feature may only be for hilton honors points members).

Other than having to pay for the internet, my stay here was incredible.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse

Reviewed April 9, 2008

I stay here every few months on buisness. The staff is ok, not the most friendly though.

The hotel is right on the NYS Thruway. Make sure you ask for a room on the south side of the hotel, or you will be kept up by tractor trailers all night long. Really, my room was only about 80 feet from the southbound lane.

The hotel is clean, the rooms are nice, and they have a beatiful atrium in the middle of the hotel. It makes you feel like you are outside in the middle of the winter.

They have a free breakfast, as well as a free Managers Reception from 5:30 to 7:00 with free drinks. Wine, beer, and limited liquor selection. It is a nice touch.

I will definitely continue to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2008

Well let me say I was aware of the noise issue because of the reviews right here on this site. But all the other girls on my daughters hockey team and their parents were staying here so I decided not to look elsewhere. The hotel is a little on the rundown side. Perhaps I am a little too picky but the carpeting in my room looked a bit dirty and worn and the furniture was fairly nicked up and scratched. I have been in a lot worse and I have been in a lot better. The 'atrium' design with all the rooms facing a central area began to remind me of a prison after a while. I was in cell block B. The ' Atrium' ( echo chamber ) was very pleasing to the eye but not conducive to peace and quite. Lots of greenery and fish in ponds. Tikii bar and breakfast area all visible by every room in the house. During the day not a problem. But at midnight and your trying to get some sleep all you can hear or the teens and others milling ( and or running ) around. My rear room was away from the atrium but right next to I-90. Some people count sheep to fall asleep I counted 18 wheelers!
On the positive side breakfast was fantastic. Eggs anyway you want them omlets, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, muffins, bagels, juices,and more! No complaints there! Every evening there was open bar for about an hour and a half to two hours. No complaints there either! Staff was very friendly and gave me a fan at my request to help drown out some of the 'atrium' noise. The in house resaurant had fantastic food. Great buffalo wings!
I bet the hockey team stays there again next year and I guess I will wind up there again. I guess for the open bar and a great breakfast I will have to put up with some sleepless nights.

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 11, 2008

My husband and I had to fly out of Syracuse to Orlando for our yearly vacation. As we live about an hour east of Syracuse, and it's winter in upstate NY, we felt that it would be a really great idea to stay in Syracuse the night before our flight. We booked Embassy Suites as we had never stayed there before (we usually stick with Marriott chain hotels) and wanted to try it out. After reading several reviews on Tripadvisor about the children running rampant I was a little nervous.

The outside of the hotel could use an update, but still looked well taken care of.

When we checked in, my husband asked the very nice desk person for a ''quiet'' room, something away from the highway. We were promptly given room 229, which was perfect....very quiet. No children running through the halls (granted it was a Monday night), and no noise from the road. The rooms themselves are very nice, and very clean (I am BIG on cleanliness). Big enough for a couple to be very comfortable ...a nice sized ''living room'' with tv, desk, couch and chair. Nice sized bathroom. Microwave and mini fridge. The king sized bed was very comfortable.

I should also mention the atrium. Beautiful. Reminded me almost of a lodge, complete with a large statue of a bear (their mascot). There were little ponds throughout, walkways, small bridges, and even a pond with fish in it. All clean and very nicely done.

We used the shuttle service to the airport (note: they ask you to make an appointment just to make sure they will be available when you need them. They also like to make sure they have enough room for everyone who needs to go at that time of the day). We had a 9:15am flight and reserved a shuttle for 7:45am. We left promptly at 7:45. The driver was very nice and personable.

The only thing that puzzled me is the lack of free internet service. They charge you $10.00 a day. I haven't seen anyone charge in a very long time, and I think it's about time that they caught up with everyone else!

Overall, I have to say this was a very enjoyable stay and we will definately consider staying here again next time.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2008

My husband and I from Massachusetts regularly meet friends from Ohio at Embassy Suites in Syracuse for long weekends. We've always been very pleased with the hotel, good service, clean and we always enjoy the managers reception and breakfast buffet. All of these things were still in place, however it seems to have turned into a Chuckie Cheese the last few months! I mean, loud, running children EVERYWHERE! Playing in the elevators, dominating the pool.... and no parents to be seen! This is really a shame to me, as we go for a nice relaxing weekend and I think the only ones relaxing are these kids' parents. I cant blame the kids, I probably do the same thing if no one watching me at that age. I hope the hotel can address this problem because other than this HUGE problem, its still a nice hotel. Sadly, we might look elsewhere for our next weekend.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed January 22, 2008

....but okay overall. I agree with the previous reviewer; kids are drawn to run around this joint purely do to it's design - open hallways in an atrium setting. But where are the parents?!!? Enjoying the complimentary Manager's Reception with it's open bar for two hours, that's where!! That's when it was the worst! Abandon your kids and load up on free, unlimited drinks!!! A friend and I, unfortunately, chose the Sunday of a holiday weekend (recent Martin Luther King Day) for our stay. We wanted to relax. We had no idea that so many families can afford to stay in a nice place like this just becasue their kids are off from school the next day. We were also informed there were young hockey teams staying the night. The pool/whirlpool area was overrun and this eventually caused the whirlpool to malfunction by the time late evening came and it was "adult swim". The maintenance worker, to his credit, did everything he possibly could but to no avail. To the hotel staff's credit, they did eventually manage the kids, requesting quiet time after 10 pm. But actually, it's not really their job; it's the parents. It was really rather frustrating and bothersome bumping into pj bottom clad 10, 11, 12 year olds all night; is this a new fashion statement?? Wearing pj bottoms out in public? The new sweatpants I guess...
Our suite was nice, clean, well appointed and stocked. Some weird things - a clock radio with the time not lit up when the room is dark?? The fridge set on a rather low setting, offering no initial cooling effect. Nice to have lots of space and a kitchenette area with fridge, microwave and counter. Beds were comfy. Beware - noise from NYS Thruway all night. Perhaps there are rooms that are quieter.
Ate at the hotel restaurant - Stillwater. Good Chicken Cesear salad and fair french onion soup. OK service and atmosphere.
Complimentary breakfast the next morning - bit chaotic, some waiting in long lines for made to order hot options but there is plenty of other quick food choices like cereal, muffins, bagels, fruit and yogurt. Nice selection of juices and teas too.
Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful with issues we presented.
Internet hookup in your room is $10.00?? Thought this was a business class hotel?? Should be standard. Free internet in a small business center off the lobby.
OKAY - so maybe we'll return but it won't be on a holiday weekend, nor a Sat. night - I can imagine it's probably just as bad.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank pawpaw
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Not a place to relax.
Children run up and down the indoor balconies on the four upper floors, creating as much noise as possible, throwing objects such as ice cubes down to the atrium level. The staff turns a blind eye to this.
It is unfortunate that the website does not advertise that this hotel is for irresponsible parents, and travellers seeking a comfortable rest should go elsewhwere.
The pool and hot tub are overcrowded in contrevention of the maximums listed in the in-room information package. Adult only swim is from 10:00 PM to midnight on weekends.
The pillows are very soft, and the bed was also too soft. We are seasoned travellers and did not expect to experience such a bad stay.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family