“Good place to stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The buffet is always the best. HOWEVER: I asked the check in clerk twice, what time the buffet started and she said 07:00 AM. I mentioned that we had to be somewhere at 08:00 AM. She was quite brusque and not interested in my problem. The next morning we came down at 06:45 and people were eating. Then we were told it started at 06:00 AM both Saturday and Sunday. It would have been convenient to eat early as we were going to run a race at 08:30 AM.
I have stayed here many times and it's always nice. Clean suite, beautiful decor in the downstairs lobby area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Then this is the place for you! Located mere feet from the highway, it provides easy access to pick up hitch hikers. Additionally this closeness allows for a sleepless night thanks to a melody I think you'll enjoy: the 18 wheeler Doppler effect! Bbbbbbzzzzzzzoooooooooer
What really adds to the appeal is the ambiance of the room itself: peeling wallpaper, an unidentified stain running down the toilet bowl, molded grout in the tub, a smoke detector hanging with lackluster from the wall. The piece de resistance was the bed sheets with blood stains! This was truly an exciting and memorable stay. I recommend you bring your whole family, Ma and Bubba will feel right at home.
I would like to point out that it is seemingly still safe to stay here. I imagine the price of the rooms keeps out actual pedophiles and meth heads.
Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: If you do want to actually sleep at this hotel, ask for a room that is not next to the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ArwenTravels
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry that the sound of the nearby Thruway disturbed your rest. Since your visit we have refreshed each of our suites, corridors, and public areas. I hope you will consider returning to see what we have to offer!

Regards,
Matt

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We just stayed there on our way to Canada and I have to stay it was a good choice of hotel. Inexpensive, clean, nice interior design. It was an average stay, nothing negative but also nothing positive - I guess because we just stayed there for few hours, so we can;t say anything about the staff, food etc.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I love the suite concept: Pullout bed is so convenient, as well as microwave and fridge. These are wonderful when traveling with kids or more than two adults. Love the evening reception and the breakfast--a notch up from other chain-included breakfasts.We stay at Embassy Suites when we have an early flight from either Syracuse, Albany or Orlando Airports--
You may have to contend with some noise--this chain is popular with visiting sports teams, and for weddings and family events.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room-protects you from noise down in lobby area
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Syracuse. We are especially glad you found us ideal for your family.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I have been coming to this hotel for over 20 years. The hotel has always been great, although the rooms could use a makeover. Breakfast and managers reception are very appreciated, although I wish the managers reception took place 6:30 - 8:30 instead of 5:30 - 7:30. We just got home from this hotel today. We had reserved and asked for a non smoking room, but got a smoking room instead. Did not bother to change rooms because we were tired and we are not too bothered by smoke smell. I do have one major complaint though. This stay we chose to order pizza to the room, and when I called the front desk to get a phone number for a pizza place, they gave me one that did not deliver. This would not have been such a big deal if they did not charge a RIDICULOUS fee of $1.00 + tax for EACH local call. Pay phones cost 1/4 of that.
Overall this hotel is great for all types of travelers, and would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Had to get to Syracuse with our 2 young kids for a short, open-ended trip. Staff was excellent and extended our stay twice without issue, keeping us in the same room. Room itself was good, for the most part (see below). Kids had the sleeper sofa which was comfy for them and we had our own room. Bathroom was mostly updated and housekeeping was responsive when we asked for more towels.

Free buffet breakfast was good, and the manager's reception with free adult beverages and snacks was a welcome pit spot in the late afternoon. Manager's reception bartenders were very friendly.

Location is easy to find and right off the Thruway and in an area of many hotels, all of the older variety. There are a few restaurants near the hotel (Ruby Tuesday, an Italian place) - we tried room service as we were tired, and it was more than adequate - server was great. Of note, though, if you get a room facing the Thruway, you will hear the traffic in the bedroom. Oddly soothing to me, though.

As mentioned, an excellent stay. BUT ... the bedroom carpet was very dirty. I noticed it after walking around with my socks on - they turned a nasty color. Obviously the bedroom carpets - at least in our room - aren't regularly cleaned. The lay out of the free breakfast is a bit bizarre. They roll their serving trays into the atrium area, but they mostly block the entrance to the area (you enter thru a gate), creating a logjam at times. Also, there wasn't enough seating at peak times. The buffet disappears during the weekdays and all hot food is served at the kitchen window, which removes the logjam at the entrance but creates one at the kitchen window. They also move the serving area for the managers reception during the week, which seemed unnecessary. Lastly, some extra care cleaning the breakfast/reception area is probably in order. I saw cherry stems and other remnants of the previous reception all around the area during the following day, and one lady cut her leg on the branch of a small "tree" that extended into the path around the atrium, nearest the restroom. All of these are fairly easy updates to make, though.

All in all, an excellent choice for the area, and with some updating and TLC ... would be even better. We'd stay again.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear road noise, ask for a room that does NOT face the Thruway.
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here on our way home from camping. Needed a room for 5. We had a 2 double suite with pull-out sofa. Room needs updating, but was big and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. The kids loved the pool. Breakfast was so so. Could be better, but there were still lots of choices. Location was perfect for us, right off the interstate. There were a wide choice of restaurants near by. My daughter left her baby blanket in the room and the cleaning staff located it and fedexed it to us(at our expense:) ). We would stay here again. We would also recommend to family and friends.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse Destiny USA
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse / Carrier Circle
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle
SpringHill Suites Syracuse Carrier Circle

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse? Share your experiences!