All reviews bottle of prosecco bit dated voucher deal lovely location overnight stay cooked breakfast haddock lovely meal well worth a visit short stay breakfast was excellent warm welcome firth limekilns wedding edinburgh harbour
Selected filters
Reviewed October 3, 2018

we booked a 1 night stay at this hotel through Groupon, when we arrived the staff were very helpful and informed us of all the usual information, our room faced over the harbor and was very large and clean, the groupon voucher also included dinner(main only) and a free glass of wine as we are not wine drinkers we were offered any drink from the bar with our meal . both meals were great and there was a varied selection.
the staff at the hotel were great and very pleasant and helpful , i would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a night away from the hassle and bustle of their day to day life, this was 59 pound well spent and probably one of the best deals i have had from Groupon.

Room tip: if you are going down to the harbor use the small hidden path in front of the hotel it will save you 10mins walk
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank gerald d
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for a 2 night break.
The hotel is set in a nice location, nothing at all around about though.
The hotel itself would benefit from a very good clean.
The communal areas all look really dusty and grimey.
The bar area is very small, the owner was having a quiz night with a few of his friends, which made us feel quite uncomfortable and in the way.
The room was very outdated and we found it to be filthy.
The shower curtain was black.. the dust was excessive and the stains on the carpets were very off putting.
The windows are all very old and not fit for purpose any more. Constant draft all night long.
The evening meal we had left a little to be desired aswell.
The main course came out cold in the middle, we had out of date butter portions.
The owner just shrugged it off and said he had two people off in the kitchen so it can’t be helped.
I didn’t feel comfortable staying in this hotel, felt like I was imposing in someone else’s home:
I would not recommend this hotel and I wouldn’t stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank abennett1306
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

This place is outdated and cluttered. I was also served one of the worst pints of lager I have ever had. It was flat and lukewarm and the choice of beers is very limited.
I also didn’t really feel welcome and found the owner disinterested.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Explore814313
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Upon arriving at the hotel we were met with rudeness from management, a dirty room and unwashed facilities. Wallpaper peeling off wall, sockets, sills and windows and thick with dust and dead insects. Tried to speak to management about our findings and he was not interested he actually walked away and refused to listen. Although this was a low cost night away we still accepted politeness and cleanliness none of which we experienced. Extremely disappointed and would never return or recommend anyone to stay here.

Room tip: Do not stay anywhere in this establishment
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank heywoodhome
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

I took my 90 year old Gran for lunch here today and the service was 100% , waiter was very friendly and attentive, food was traditional and really nice , pudding was awesome, lovely view from our table.
Thank you so much my Gran had a lovely afternoon.

Trip type: Traveled with family