“Leisurely Lunch”

Setauket Pita House
Reserve with OpenTable
Setauket Pita House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Setauket Pita House has been serving Long Island, NY over 25 years with number one rated Turkish and Mediterranean food.Our authentic Turkish and Mediterranean dishes made with only fresh ingredients
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

We had lunch at Setauket Pita House today. Very nice interior with double table clothes. Service started off slow but was attentive. We started with baba ganoush served with pita. It was very fresh and flavorful. I had the falafel platter which was very authentic! Perfectly seasoned served with bulgur, vegetables, and a Greek salad. My wife had the chicken pita that came with a Greek salad. She was very impressed. For dessert, we split baklava and I had a Turkish coffee. The baklava was the best we have ever had! Turkish coffee was served in a cool espresso type cup and served with chocolate covered espresso beans. I will return when I am in the area for a doctor's appointment.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

The meal was Iskender lamb which was delicious, but the best part were the appetizers. A great variety of them and all super tasty. Great Turkish coffee and deserts too.

1  Thank Otello1887
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful job! We love the food every time and the ambiance went from great to spectacular! Food is always amazing love the choices the freshness and quality. Service is also excellent

Reviewed February 19, 2018

We ate lunch here today for the first time. The place is hard to find because it is behind a strip of offices in the back parking lot near Starbucks. Just use Google for directions. The food and service was 5 stars all the way. Ken was our server and he was so very helpful in guiding us to such tasty items on the menu. He even helped us pick the perfect Turkish wines. We loved the soup choices...I had the spinach soup, which was puréed spinach and other veggies in a perfectly seasoned broth. My hubby had the red lentil soup which was puréed lentils in a seasoned broth. Also very good. The flat bread was some of the best I ever had. It was so soft with a nice charr on the outside. We also enjoyed the cold appetizer platter which consists of hummus, baba ghanoush, eggplant (2 ways), bulgar salad, and a yogurt dip. We loved it all. We also loved our main course of beef kebab platter and beef/lamb shawarma platter. I also loved their Turkish coffee. It was so elegant served in a very sparkly cup. And the decor is gorgeous...looks like a Turkish palace. I am adding photos. We will definitely be back again.

Reviewed January 17, 2018

We were taken to Pita House by two elderly cousins who had a gift certificate. So we had absolutely no idea what we were in for when they pulled into the parking lot, behind the parking lot. But the restaurant decor was pleasant and within moments we were seated, with ice water, menus, and drink orders. We had more than one waiter which was a little confusing but let's focus on the most important thing: the food. It was very good. We have a lot of experience with Mediterranean food--know our way around a good eggplant salad and humous--and theirs is excellent. We ordered the small mixed cold appetizer, which was sufficient for four, two of whom are hearty eaters. The humous, obviously homemade, was authentic. There are three kinds of eggplant salad. So you have to like eggplant: each was different and done well. The pita was warm, yeasty, and full-flavored. Our cousins ordered the lamb shanks: the portions were huge and the meat fell off the bone. My husband had the lamb saute, which was recommended by the waiter. He was not disappointed with the authenticity of the dish. And I had lamb kabobs: cooked perfectly and served with peppers and onions. Each entree came with a decent Greek-style salad or soup and a huge portion of either rice or bulgar pilaf. My only complaint there is that my rice came cold. I didn't return it but I'm sure they would have corrected it had I asked. We all left with food that we awkwardly put into boxes at the table. We were too full for dessert. I have a few quibbles with the service. It wasn't clear who our waiters were at first. I asked twice for a drink. And it took forever to a get our waiter's attention and get a check. We just weren't noticed. But the staff were all personable, knowledgable, and warm. It was, overall, a great meal.