“Dirty dishes ruined the mood and the food”
Review of Bistro 135 - CLOSED

Bistro 135
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street (East Rochester)
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I go to Bistro 135 on a semi regular basis (about once every month or two) An old friend of mine and I decided to meet to catch up, enjoy the music and food, etc. We reserved the prime seat in the bar area and were ready to enjoy. Friendly hostess and servers took good care of us but once our salad was served, my experience went downhill fast. Our salad bowls were covered with grit on the outside (my guess...dried diluted mash potatoes stuck to the bowl) When I mentioned it to my friend, she noted the same and when looking at the outside of her bowl, we both noticed a large streak for some brown substance. We flagged out server, she didn't seem to concerned or apologetic and soon returned with our salads. We are both pretty sure they simply wiped the outside of each bowl and returned them to us. The rest of the evening was uneventful other than a large group of people (servers and guests) gathered at the door/hostess station. For a while, we had people staring at us in hopes of having our table. This was not the memory I would expect to walk away with.

2  Thank Cdaviso2
There are newer reviews for Bistro 135

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a solid "go-to" dinner place. It is always busy (a good sign) - the portions are generous for an upscale place and the food and service is very good. The live music is a HUGE plus. They also run great specials on wine and appetizers at the bar.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Had a 7:15 reservation. Arrived at 6:20 for cocktails at the bar before dinner. Friendly hostess said we will get you checked in. Bar moderately busy but no one standing. Slid in at the end and felt invisible for a good five minutes. Finally caught one of the bartenders on the way back to the bar after getting more wine. Ordered drinks and two appetizers. Wine pours were rather skimpy. Flat bread was tasty but very skimpy. Four tiny triangles of nan bread mozzarella, bacon...tiny. Manchurian Cauliflower, generous portion of florets battered and fried. Coated in what could be interpreted as a sweet and sour sauce. Tasty in a take out chinese take out sort of way. 7:15 hostess says it will be a few minutes more. 7:35 hostess says they are still behind. I remind them I checked in at 6:20. 7:45 finally seated just outside the restroom doors . Four top table sits empty next to us for 30 minutes. Ordered Pork Osso Bucco & Chicken French. Osso Bucco was a generous shank atop gorgonzola risotto very tasty. Chicken french tasty and as expected. Both entrees were served just barely warm as if they were waiting for delivery for awhile. Overall I think it could have been much better. Perhaps it was bad timing will try again.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Went with my daughter who had been there previously and thought I'd enjoy it. Since it was her treat, we limited our meal to drinks and appetizers. It was hard to choose, as everything sounded delicious, but we ended up with 3 seafood items: calamari, lobster risotto, and mussels. Each was prepared perfectly and portions were generous. No need for a main course. Extensive wine list and inventive cocktails. Service was personable and appreciative.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Best place to be in town on a Wednesday night! Half price wine, $5 appetizers, live jazz music, and a great friendly outgoing bartender. My new Wednesday night hang out.