We have just returned from a 10 night stay on Kurumba. This being our second visit to the Maldives (the first was great but our initial accommodation on another island was not up to standard) we where keen to ensure that we had "ticked all the boxes". We had made detailed assessments of our ideal island/accommodation to ensure we would be totally satisfied.
The leg work we went to was certainly justified and Karumba proved to be a tremendous destination.
Tips for future travellers would include:-
- Aim for at least a deluxe beach front bungalow. Well furnished, spacious and certainly provides that extra special touch.
- If you want to avoid views of the islands that make up Male and the airport you need to be on the north side of island, perhaps somewhere around nos 175-225 ish.
- Go on the seaplane excursion. A truly memorable experience!
- Visit Male. Small but for the limited time you will get there its well worth a visit and offers a fascinating insight into one of the Worlds smallest capital cities.
Service, food, accommodation, general facilities, pool, entertainment (varied live music) where all of a very high standard. If you where to be very picky the only faults you could raise would perhaps be:-
- You are very close to the flight path for a small no. of flights each day.
- Proximity to Male (15 min boat ride) could mean that depending on where you are on the island you may have views of container ships in the distance, together with the airport and other industrial type facilities.
We would certainly return there and would gladly recommend it for those people not wishing to be too remote.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurumba is Maldives' very first resort. Located just 10-minutes from the airport with luxury speedboat transfers available 24 hours a day. Explore our vibrant house reef. Relaxing on the white sandy beach. Swimming in our protected crystal clear lagoon. Treat yourself to an exquisite Maldivian spa treatment. Be energized with the daily scheduled activities, watersports, excursions or scuba diving. Be inspired by the Maldives culture, local food, art and dance. Nine styles of accommodation are spread amongst the island's lush tropical gardens. Eight restaurants, three bars, Maldives best nightly entertainment scene, Kurumba is a perfect holiday destination. Kurumba is the Maldives in Full Colour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kurumba Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurumba Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Maldives North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Hotel