“Best Staff Ever!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vihamanafushi
Cebu
“Best Staff Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

This resort has the most happy people working for it so no wonder me and my husband felt the warmth and true hospitality of the place the moment we were picked up from the airport last February 20. We never had to wait for anything, the staff knew how to entertain us or provide us with ice cream or a drink if they still had to do some things for us. One time at the reception area there was no need to ask, he already knew. And I didn't meet their general manager personally but all the Filipino staff I met had nothing but praises for him. So I'm writing this review now to let him know that he is very much appreciated and that it's a wonderful feeling as a guest to be pampered with skilled, talented and most importantly, happy people. The family in Kurumba really makes it a special place to be on vacation.

Room Tip: If you love the beach which is why I went to Maldives then stay close to it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Foodandtravelcrazy
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Foodandtravelcrazy,

Wow, that a great review! It is a pleasure for me to receive your personal appeal to thank to our team. I am happy to share with you that your words of praise are pleasing my eyes.

I am proud that our team consist of friendly and talented professional and they cared about you very well during your stay. No doubts I will spread your feedback over the whole island to give a pleasure for a while to our team members. For sure they will be sincerely inspired knowing that guests are calling them the “best staff ever”.

Thank you for staying with us and finding a minute to write your comments. I hope to welcome you back to Kurumba once day.

Kurumba Maldives

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (972)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Hey families with small kids, if you're looking into the Maldives, this is the perfect place for you. I've been there with a 2 and half and an 8 months old and it was perfect. Friendly people, great food (try the specific restaurants), calm ocean, havenly sand, comfortable rooms, you have everything. Have a great time!

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank Bulfinschi
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Bulfinschi,

Thank you for the great comments. I have no doubts it will be great help to parents, who are looking for the resort which can offer a relaxing and quite stay with children with all facilities required.
I am happy your family enjoyed the holiday. I should mention I am totally in love with your profile picture (those cute little faces) and it was a pleasure to host you and your children in Kurumba – I just know how much our team members love kids and playing with them and it brings a smile on my face.

Once again thank you for leaving your feedback on Trip Advisor and we all hope to greet your family again on our island.

Best regards,

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Definitely top 5 vacations ever visited. Amazing hospitable, good value for money, scenic beauty, family oriented vacation. Happy hours for guys, recreation center for kids, Spa for ladies. Great rooms, open bathrooms. Very liberating and nice experience

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Shaiilyka,

Thank for a great review and we are proud to be on the top of the list of best vacations you have ever had. I am glad our hospitality helped your family to enjoy the stay and experience Maldives.

We are very happy your holiday was lovely and you found entertainment for each and every family member. I hope to see you back to the resort very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Kurumba was the first resort in Maldives island, was impressed by the very well maintained in all areas! for those who have serious travel sick like me , Kurumba is definitely the best choice as the traveling time by speedboat is only 10mins from Male airport. Most importantly, extremely warm and friendly staffs here make us felt like we are at our own home. Looking forward for the water villa to be completed building in 2015:)

• Stayed May 2014
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Fennysmile,

Thank you for a sweet review. I am happy your stay with us was enjoyable and easy – just a quick jump into paradise after your flight. For us it is a pleasure to deliver above and beyond service for our guests. I just would like to add that currently we are not looking at water villas for our resort, but we do have our Ocean Grill upgrade project in progress to create a signature restaurant.

Again, thank you of taking the time to write such an amazing reviews and we do hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Warm regards,
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have never written a review before but having just got back from kurumba I wanted to let everyone know how amazing it was!!! My husband and I went on honeymoon with our 18 month daughter. We booked the private villa with jacuzzi and it was perfect. Really spacious, massive bed, beautiful bathroom and a lovely outdoor jacuzzi. The room was cleaned really well every day and they even put special honeymoon flowers on our bed one night.
We had our own little porch it at the front of the villa and we were right on the beach too which was beautiful. So picturesque and peaceful.
We booked a dine around all inclusive, I would definitely recommend this as there are 8 different restaurants that you can use with this option whereas just all inclusive is much more limited. Every single restaurant we went to was amazing, the food was stunning. Everything looked and tasted delicious and was what I would call a fancy meal! The breakfast menu itself was amazing - with options such as vodka cured salmon and corn fritters with smashed avocado. The attention to detail and presentation was fantastic! The service was absolutely amazing too, everyone was so friendly and helpful. Everyone loved our daughter and made a special effort to interact with her and make sure she had everything she needed. Hamakaze is definitely worth a visit - a teppanyaki restaurant set over the water and you canwatch the sharks swimming next to you as you eat (non-dangerous).
We used the babysitting service so we could go out for some meals in the evening by ourselves, this too was a fantastic service. We had met the person who would be baby sitting earlier at the kids club and they put me at ease and I felt very comfortable going out and leaving our daughter with the babysitter.
I went to the spa and had some treatments too, it was an absolutely stunning place and the massage and facial I had were just wonderful.
I would recommend kurumba to everyone, a lovely, relaxing, child-friendly, luxurious, delicious food and drink filled place!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get beach front
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Hannah,

Thanks you for a very beautiful review about Kurumba and it is hard to believe it is your first one – it is written so well! It is certainly a great pleasure to realize we have inspired you to write your first review about your holiday. We are glad that enjoyed the service and I am happy all your experiences were just perfect, full of joy for everyone, including your little princess.

I can’t disagree Dine Around All Inclusive is just amazing meal plan with a lot of options to offer. I am sure your comment will be also helpful for our future guests, who are considering about it.

I got a lot of pleasure to read your family had the best holiday ever in Kurumba Maldives.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

As soon as we landed on the airport,we were treated wonderfully from the cordinator to the boatman.And after we took a short boat ride to the resort,about 10 mins from Male,they got their staff,miss Selvi Tan,to attend to us.Through my emails with her,she help me arrange a surprise for both my wife(our 8th Wedding Anniversary)and my 6th year old daughter birthday.Throughout our stay at the resort,we see happy faces from all their staffs and all the other guests everwhere.The food was of high quality,and we spent most of our meals at the international buffet restaurant.The beaches are beautiful and you can see some baby sharks,sharks,turtles,exotic fishes and exotic birds there.We throughly enjoy our time there and thank you to all the staffs there,from the restaurants;Anwar,Double H,Mausoom.The beach bar;Upul and his team.And lastly,Million thanks to miss Selvi Tan for being so patience,attentive to my family,in spite of her busy schedule.and making us feel at home.In fact,we were so captivated by our stay there that we extended from 5 days to 8 days.My wife and myself are already making plans to go there again next year to celebrate our wedding anniversary as well as my daughter birthday.We are truly in love with this resort and will recommend it to anyone planning to go Maldives and are not sure which resort to go.

Room Tip: Beach view is a must!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear James,

Thank you for such a lovely review. I enjoyed reading it immensely as I am sure our team will. Well, what made me extremely happy is that you extended your stay for more days after trying our services. I am very glad our team and especially Selvi, Anwar, HH, Mausoom and Upul took good care of you and made you feel welcomed on our family island, helped you with all special arrangements as well as with regular services. Please reast assured you feedback will be passed onto the whole team. We all will be happy to greet you back to Kurumba next year and be sure we will make you stay even more memorable and exciting.

I hope you enjoyed your trip back to Singapore.

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were in the hotel for our honeymoon after searching through the internet. The facility is certainly well located. Staff is very friendship, helpful and smiling. All excursions that we have had were great. I suggest sandbank picnic and sunseet&dolphin views to everyone. Plus snorkelling is perfect. Water sports department quite enough for fun. I strongly suggest the Kurumba Maldives to everyone and especially couples. Just be sure about you budget during your accommodation. I can say that food prices are considerably high. Otherwise, enjoy the Maldives at Kurumba.. :)

Room Tip: I suggest superrior rooms for the couples between room#120-140. Nice beach and sea, close to water s...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alper S
Dear Alper,

Thank you for leaving your feedback about our services. I hope your stay in our resort was full of joy and it is a pleasure to read your honeymoon went well. It is true that the Sandbank picnic and Sunset & Dolphin discovery cruise are in the list of activities which must be tried, as they are very relaxing experiences with a pinch of adventure and a lot of fun time. Thank you for giving a positive comment of those.

I hope sunny days back at home will remind you happy moments of your honeymoon in our resort.

Best regards,
Kurumba Maldives
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vihamanafushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,567 reviews
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort

Been to Kurumba Maldives? Share your experiences!