We recently stayed at Kurumba for a week after doing a wildlife tour in Sri Lanka. It was the perfect place to stay and recharge our batteries after our tour which was quite tiring with some early starts.
We had a beautiful beach front bungalow just feet from the ocean. The room was spacious and modern with a lovely bathroom with inside and outside shower, his n hers basins and big bath. There is coffee/tea making facilities, bottled water supplied good tv if you fancy watching a film, iPod doc, DVD player. Nice patio area with comfy settee and table and chairs and your own sun loungers. Kept spotlessly clean by our lovely room boy Ali. The hotel has a nice atmosphere around the eateries and bar area with musicians on at various times. Several trips and watersports if you fancy doing something but just as nice to do nothing. Reef is good as we enjoy snorkelling and saw many different colourful fish. We were staying full board as we aren't big drinkers which worked out far better for us. You can eat at the other restaurants with a 50% reduction. We really enjoyed the premium breakfast served in Kurumba Cafe and thanks to Moses and the Indonesian lady who looked after us there. We mainly ate at the buffet restaurant which had a good selection of salads mains and desserts. It did however make a nice change to eat elsewhere as it can get a bit repetitive. The thing that made our holiday special was the service we received in the main restaurant. We enjoyed our little chats and exchange of jokes with the staff. They were also very quick to seat you and get your drinks which were ready and waiting when you got back from the buffet. Plates were cleared quickly and drinks topped up regularly. They were excellent. We particularly wish to give a BIG BIG thank you to Lateef, Amjad and Hassan (HH) who made our holiday. Not only are they a credit to Kurumba but we made 3 great friends which will last in our memories of Kurumba
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurumba is Maldives' very first resort. Located just 10-minutes from the airport with luxury speedboat transfers available 24 hours a day. Explore our vibrant house reef. Relaxing on the white sandy beach. Swimming in our protected crystal clear lagoon. Treat yourself to an exquisite Maldivian spa treatment. Be energized with the daily scheduled activities, watersports, excursions or scuba diving. Be inspired by the Maldives culture, local food, art and dance. Nine styles of accommodation are spread amongst the island's lush tropical gardens. Eight restaurants, three bars, Maldives best nightly entertainment scene, Kurumba is a perfect holiday destination. Kurumba is the Maldives in Full Colour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Kurumba Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurumba Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Maldives North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Hotel