“Best Best Maldives!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vihamanafushi
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Best Best Maldives!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

We recently stayed at Kurumba for a week after doing a wildlife tour in Sri Lanka. It was the perfect place to stay and recharge our batteries after our tour which was quite tiring with some early starts.
We had a beautiful beach front bungalow just feet from the ocean. The room was spacious and modern with a lovely bathroom with inside and outside shower, his n hers basins and big bath. There is coffee/tea making facilities, bottled water supplied good tv if you fancy watching a film, iPod doc, DVD player. Nice patio area with comfy settee and table and chairs and your own sun loungers. Kept spotlessly clean by our lovely room boy Ali. The hotel has a nice atmosphere around the eateries and bar area with musicians on at various times. Several trips and watersports if you fancy doing something but just as nice to do nothing. Reef is good as we enjoy snorkelling and saw many different colourful fish. We were staying full board as we aren't big drinkers which worked out far better for us. You can eat at the other restaurants with a 50% reduction. We really enjoyed the premium breakfast served in Kurumba Cafe and thanks to Moses and the Indonesian lady who looked after us there. We mainly ate at the buffet restaurant which had a good selection of salads mains and desserts. It did however make a nice change to eat elsewhere as it can get a bit repetitive. The thing that made our holiday special was the service we received in the main restaurant. We enjoyed our little chats and exchange of jokes with the staff. They were also very quick to seat you and get your drinks which were ready and waiting when you got back from the buffet. Plates were cleared quickly and drinks topped up regularly. They were excellent. We particularly wish to give a BIG BIG thank you to Lateef, Amjad and Hassan (HH) who made our holiday. Not only are they a credit to Kurumba but we made 3 great friends which will last in our memories of Kurumba

Room Tip: Beach Front Bungalows are lovely
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennybabs62
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Jenbodfish,

Greetings from our sunny Maldives island. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am happy such team members as Ali, Moses, Hassan, Lateef, Amjad and others made your stay excellent in our resort. I will make sure your feedback will be passed onto the whole team as appreciation for team members mentioned and inspiration for others.

We always consider service and care of our guests as the first priority on daily basis, but to be true, I have never been tired to repeat that friendliness of our staff goes from their hearts. They are always full of energy and never stop smiling. New people arrive to our island as guests and leave as friends.

And I hope that your stay with us left a lot of pleasant memories and we all are expecting to see you again in Kurumba.

Warmest regards,
Kurumba Maldives

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Crowthorne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

We have been three times and cannot find another holiday to better or come anywhere near Kurumba.
It's more a family run village than a resort and we hope it remains so.
All the staff from the various managers to the gardeners are friendly, caring and helpful. Lots of restaurants and in house service. Free drinks at various times and Blues by the Sand bar with tables in the ocean.
Cookery and cocktail demos and all sorts of functions.
Can't say enough - just go!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank nick h
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Nick,

It was a great pleasure for me and the rest of the team to host you again on our island. Thank you for taking time to write this positive review. We do realize how difficult it is to impress guests who are visiting us not for the first time – what else can you offer them as they already know everything as well as our team members. And knowledge that your thirds vacation in Kurumba went perfectly well makes me feel really proud of our team. We love giving care and service, moreover we are passionate about it.

We really hope to greet you soon for the fourth time on our sunny tropical island.

Warm regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Superb service, excellent attantion to detail, great atmosphere, and close to Male so no time wasted! If you're not on half or full board, you might find the menus a bit pricey, but I suggest trying out the Indian and Italian restaurants (ice cream at the Italian is an absolute must!).

Other tips:
- try the spa
- don't miss the sunset cruire (spinner dolphins!)
- Even if you don't scuba dive, you need to norkel the outer reef

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wassim M
Dear Wassim,

This is a pleasure to thank for such a golden review. You mentioned “great atmosphere” in your comments. I should say we always consider Kurumba Maldives as a home away from home for our guests and treat them as own family members. I am extremely happy you had fantastic stay with us and found a minute to recommend our services to other guests. I absolutely agree Sunset Cruise is a must do activity in Maldives – relaxing, romantic, with a lot of fun on board, perfect for couples and whole families. Add to it a few more experiences during the stay – and you will get the best possible holiday in Maldives.

Once again many thanks for your positive comments.

Best regards,
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Firstly, I should say that I am a very difficult and picky customer when it comes to giving a review of my experiences. So everything that I am about to say should be read in the context of that...

Kurumba as a Maldivian experience has to be one of the best possible destinations you can choose!!! From start to finish we have been treated like VIPs - nothing has been too much trouble. The boat on arrival was waiting - exclusive and took us to our arrival where we were treated with a small coconut sorbet. The presentation at arrival of the hotel and professionalism of the staff is an absolute credit to the delayered management - where Jason (the general manager) mingles with staff and guests alike - constantly looking at ways to improve the service... which to my mind would be extremely difficult to do.

I want to say personal thank yous to Latheef in the AI restaurant, Mausoom, Umar, Russell, Roland and Hassan. You guys absolutely made my holiday!!! There are many many more I could mention but I would be here all day and we need to go for our final day breakfast.

To Jason and his team - thank you for going the extra mile - the gift of the book about Kurumba Island - the dolphin guy (Dollpppphiinneee - come to papa!!) and Ayu in the spa - and the guy who cleaned our room twice a day - THANK YOU ALL!!!!

I could go on and on but I won't - all I will say is that if you are considering a trip to the Maldives and want to stay at a location that has a team that is tight knit and really enjoys what they do - then stop right now and book Kurumba. You won't regret it!

The only feedback I would give would be to lower the spa prices across the board. They are very expensive and do not compare favourably with European Pricing - I feel if they were to lower the pricing they would be busier and thus generate more income for the Island. A few guests I spoke to shared that sentiment. That said you don't need to use the spa - the rest of the facilities are largely free!! (snorkelling, a single trip etc).

A TRULY 6 STAR EXPERIENCE - I WILL BE BACK!!

Room Tip: Our deluxe beach villa Room 226 was excellent!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank ATW74
Dear ATW74,

Thank you for your beautiful review, that is a good one! To go through challenges to satisfy picky customers (as you said so) – this is what we really enjoy, as their happy smiles are the best award we can get. This is what proves our success. I am certainly glad our team members such as Latheef, Mausoom, Umar, Russell, Roland, Hassan, Ayu and many others made your stay with us memorable and peaceful. Rest assured your feedback will be passed onto the entire team to cheer them up and to show them guests’ appreciation.

I hope you had a wonderful trip home to Manchester and for me personally it will be a great pleasure and honor to welcome you back to Kurumba.

Best regards from our team,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

After researching a bit on TripAdvisor for a good place to enjoy Maldives, we decided to stay at Kurumba Resorts, we booked a beach facing bungalow.

The decision was perfect!

My special thanks to a gentleman Mr. Ashish Rawat (Manager - Reservations) for his excellent hospitality at the property.

We stayed here from 28th May - 4th May 2014, it was the best beach we've ever visited. The resort is spread out on an island, so basically the island is the resort. Every single day is sprinkled with various activities and the mazing DJ events in the night were the best. It allowed me to network with people of different nationalities and the resort specially has a networking event for its people, amazing.

The food at 'Kurumba Cafe' is good and the breakfast spread in the other restaurant is very good, however the candle light dinner at 'Ocean Grill' went flat. The ambiance was perfect, but the food was below average. The management should provide larger spread in grilled seafood, which is very important for an island resort.

We enjoyed the full body spa at 'Veli Spa' which is a must do at Kurumba, please try the lime honey ginger drink they provide before the start of the session, amazing.

Luckily we were at Kurumba when a beach party was organised by the resort where people from different hotels (read island resorts) came and joined us and had the best time of the stay.

I got my dose of adrenaline rush when we opted for watersports, water scooter ride in the high seas with your wife and a bit rough ocean - Priceless!, Snorkelling in the large lagoon with all the bright marine species and the corals + recording them and clicking pictures - Double priceless!

I and my wife recommend this place to everyone. Do not forget your shades and your beachbum.

Enjoy life!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
Dear Utk1,

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our property on Trip Advisor. We enjoyed reading your kind words and they brought many smiles on our faces. Many thanks for highlighting Ashish in your review. Your appreciation is the most important award for him and the whole team.
We are happy you enjoyed our special party which we had during the stay. It was an annual charity event “Party with a Purpose” the main goal of which was raising funds for support two local orphanages and we should admit with your and others guests’ help the event was more than successful.

We also appreciate your comments on our daily activites and we are thrilled they brough lots of joy and good memories to you and your wife.

Thank you for your recommendation and we really hope to see you back to Kurumba in the nearest future.

Best regard,
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Went here for our honeymoon and it was superb. We enjoyed every minute of it. The staff was very accommodating and courteous. They attended to our requests and needs on a timely manner.

We availed the full-board meals and for me it was worth it because all meals were buffet. You'll save more if you availed the buffet instead of the ala carte meals. Most of the food were on the spicy side, so hope they include more variety. It was delicious but I'm not sued to eating spicy all-day/night.

The beach was beautiful. The whole place was well maintained and clean.I can't seem to find the right words to describe how beautiful the place was. The beach, sky, sand. wow!

There were a lot of activities on the island. They even offer some for FREE!. We availed the snorkeling and bartending class.

Overall, the experience was great. My husband said we will come back here.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are highly recommended. You wake up with an beautiful view of the beach. You also h...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Utk1,

Your review deserves the best praises – you gave your feedback about many of our facilities and activities. Thank you for recommending us to others.

I would like to mention that it is a pleasure to read your words about our beach – we really care about its’ condition and work hard to keep it clean and beautiful for guests. When you go to Maldives you definitely expect to have a relaxing vacation on the beach, don’t you? That is why it is so important for us to care about it – for our guests.

Thank you for giving your comments on our spa treatments, watersports activities, night entertainment (especially DJ night) and other activities.. I feel a little disappointed you did not fully enjoy the compliment of our hotel to your honeymoon – Candlelit dinner at the Ocean Grill. However I see the rest of experiences were pleasant and it is great news which make me happy.

It also was delightful to know you attended our Party with a Purpose. I agree it was a great event and we already have a press release on our website about the event. Feel free to check it out.

I am looking forward to see you again on our island.

Sunny regards,
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Just got back from a fantastic holiday at Kurumba in the Maldives. From the start you felt relaxed with the staff picking you up at the airport and putting you at ease. Meeting Victoria at the airport for a short ~10min speedboat trip to the resort and being inform about the guest cocktails that night was a really nice touch.

The excursions we went on we're great fun, seeing spinner dolphin, sea turtle, rays, thousands of fish and the local community.

The Maldives is breath taking experience and Kurumba is a little peace of haven in the middle of the Maldives. The staff have to be the friendliest people I've ever meet, very chatty and always looking at helping you out. A special mention has to go to Hassan Hussain (HH) in the Vihamana restaurant who looked after us each night, really nice guy and really attentive (hope he does well at Kurumba). Plus the entertainment put on in the evening was like the icing on a cake.

Loved the place and would recommended it to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the beach front beachfront bungalow which was really nice the rooms we're massive a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Alfred,

What a fantastic review! Many thanks for your words, they made my day. I am happy you enjoyed experiences we offer like excursions during day time and entertainment at night. It is important for us to be sure their is enough choice of activities on our island – as you can start your day with sunbathing and swimming / snorkeling, but finish with active sports, tours to other islands and fast dances full of fun under the starts in a bar with DJ or live band.

Thank you for mentioning Hassan Hussain and Victoria in your review. They were very happy to see their names among your words. We all appreciate your feedback about our staff and service. For me it is an honor to know they are doing great job to give our guests the best impressions and memories.

I hope your journey back to UK was quick and safe and wish you all the best.

See you next time!

Kurumba Maldives
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vihamanafushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,542 reviews
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort

Been to Kurumba Maldives? Share your experiences!