We stayed in a deluxe room which was as described in the hotel site and pictures. The deluxe rooms are not very big but sufficient and very comfortable with a great outdoor bathroom with shower and tube. When getting to the room it was clear that someone had been smoking in the room. Besides, the mini-bar area had plenty of ants or little bugs. We pointed out to the reception staff who had accompanied us he offered to have the room thoroughly sprayed while we had a complimentary lunch. We said we’d prefer to see a new room, which he arranged. The second room did not small but also had the ants. In the end we refused the lunch as we were looking forward to hitting the beach and took the first room. Housekeeping did a thorough clean and the fact is that the bugs did not show up for the rest of the stay. This made us wondered why they do not systematically spray the rooms beforehand to avoid probems.
The beach by the deluxe rooms has thick vegetation which reaches the sea so you can use it for shade, on the other hand there are not so many sunny spots (although everyone managed to find one). In any case great beach and beautiful lagoon.
There are no real passages to access the reef and you need to swim out the water breakers out. In most areas this is quite tricky when the tide is low. However once you're there snorkeling was fantastic.
Food was nice although not spectacular and not great value, in any case we did enjoy our meals.
As many other reviewers have indicated the is quite some noise coming from the planes and sea planes taking off and landing in the nearby airport. It is not as quiet as the previous island we stayed in. I guess this is the price to pay for being ten minutes away by boat from the airport, which proved very convenient in our last day when we had a morning flight (and we could avoid spending the last night in Male).
We really enjoyed our stay but keep in mind that the island has a bit more of a resort feeling than smaller islands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurumba is Maldives' very first resort. Located just 10-minutes from the airport with luxury speedboat transfers available 24 hours a day. Explore our vibrant house reef. Relaxing on the white sandy beach. Swimming in our protected crystal clear lagoon. Treat yourself to an exquisite Maldivian spa treatment. Be energized with the daily scheduled activities, watersports, excursions or scuba diving. Be inspired by the Maldives culture, local food, art and dance. Nine styles of accommodation are spread amongst the island's lush tropical gardens. Eight restaurants, four bars, Maldives best nightly entertainment scene. Kurumba is a perfect holiday destination. Kurumba is the Maldives in Full Colour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kurumba Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurumba Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Maldives North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Hotel