“Perfect 50th Birthday holiday”
Review of Kurumba Maldives

Kurumba Maldives
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vihamanafushi
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect 50th Birthday holiday”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel is truly amazing and the staff are outstanding nothing was too much trouble. The service from Fernando, Akator, Nissy and the lady at the Ocean Grill were wonderful. They remembered our names which was great considering how many other people there were on the island. Although the hotel was nearly 100% occupied it never felt like there were many people there. We went on an all inclusive package and my husband increased it to dine around, which was well worth the extra as the meals in all the restaurants were wonderful, unfortunately I have put on a bit of weight.

The sounds of the ocean meal with a butler was fantastic for my birthday. Our accommodation which was in a deluxe room was always very clean.

Thank you also to Justin (Resort Manager) who welcomed us when we arrived at the hotel and his wife who were very friendly.

Only one downside don't forget the insect repellant as I was bitten to pieces, also don't bother with the trip to Male as it was a waste of money, the tour guide wasn't great and it was dirty!

I recommend this hotel to everyone and although the airport is not far away its not that noisy.

Outstanding holiday thank you very much.

Sharon and Andy Hills

Room Tip: All the deluxe rooms were lovely.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (994)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had the most delightful honeymoon stay in Kurumba in June 2013. We came a day after our wedding and we were looking forward to a quiet resort with the right amount of activities and Kurumba fulfilled our needs.

We arrived late at night and we were welcomed with drinks and hot towels immediately. We took the superior room and lo behold it was huge for us both. I love how we could just chill out by the balcony facing the sea and I love how peaceful and serene it was there.

The only fault that I could possibly think of is probably the pillows which were a bit too soft for my liking. But other than that, I had the most perfect honeymoon here. The fishing trip, trip to Male, karaoke night, the spa, snorkeling. . . . I love it all.

Thank you Kurumba for the memories, awesome ones at that!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank toonarmy17
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Kurumba has been everything we waited for and even more! Place is amazing and service is beyond words! All the 5 and 4 stars on this site are totally justified!
We directly booked through the resort and took only the stay and breakfast plan. This was a very good choice. Transfers to and from the airport take ten minutes and are perfect. Would definitely come back....
Highly recommended!

7 Thank Renata C
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Truly recommended resort,rooms are amazing, spacious and well appointed. iPod docking stations, DVD players and free WI-FI are superb. The cocktail menu was extremely comprehensive and delicious! The staff were very friendly, helpful and discrete. The artificial reef makes a fantastic swimming area and just outside there is some pretty amazing snorkeling. The beach is abound with smooth, pure white sand. Transfers to and from the airport take ten minutes and are painless.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I came to Kurumba September 2012 and loved every minute of it. The beachfront hut we stayed in was amazing, the service was fantastic. The pools and beach are beautiful!!!! We upgraded to the full board package and took full advantage. The drinks and food were great! It is a quiet resort which was the perfect ending to the perfect wedding. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Worth every dollar spent!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jenbenboo
Auckland
Reviewed November 21, 2013

First of all, I must compliment the staff of Kurumba, they truly make you feel special and very welcomed. At the airport I was picked up by Ashot, who was very helpful and helped me with the baggage, after a short boat ride there I was in this tropical paradise island called Kurumba! My Bungalow was right on the beach. I was so impressed by the crystal clear water and the fish everywhere. Snorkeling was awesome. Food was great. The staff was very good, the housekeeping, the F&B, the Guest Service, everyone was really helpful and friendly. The reception staff was so efficient and I can't remember all names but they were all great no exceptions. The lady at the souvenir shop was very nice and helped to pick a few nice bits and pieces. Anyway, about my Bungalow, wow, what a nice cozy place that was! The bathroom had an outdoor shower. The cleanliness was great,the room service was pretty quick deliviering the orders, free wi-fi and the room was cleaned twice a day! I can't thank the team at Kurumba enough for my fantastic holiday experience. Highly recommend. I think if you're looking for a great experience then Kurumba is definetely a good choice.
P.S Becareful with the sun it's pretty strong, use the sun block.

Room Tip: The bungalow I was staying in was so literaly on the beach, I could see the ocean from my bed. I wou...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ChefKAuckland
glebe sydney
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Have stayed at many resorts from Jamacia to Sri Lanka and this was the best by far
Everything in the Maldives is expensive. If you want to go there you just accept this fact.
We took the full board package, so then you can relax and just don't worry about how much anything costs.
the restaurants on site were great we visited the Middle Eastern twice the maitre de was helpful attentive and with a great sense of humor. He was totally in control and made for a great night with amazing Targines. The ocean grill also incredible so fresh.
Drinks available all the time
staff friendly and discrete and extremely helpful without waiting for a tip and I thought genuine.

snorkeling: Yes white sand and shallow, but trick is find out the high tide and snorkel then we were snorkeling at 7.30am and 6pm. Depending on your swimming skills you can venture out of the barriers and we saw black and white tipped sharks amazing colorful fish, and a octopus,
Aussie manager did a great job with this resort and no need to look elsewhere.
tours to Male and outer snorkeling trips
we also saw a baby turtle on the beach!

Room Tip: bungalows near the beach bar. we had 172.seemed to be close to everything also had a good gym.
1 Thank westwoodGlebeSydney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vihamanafushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Lankanfinolhu Island
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island

Been to Kurumba Maldives? Share your experiences!