We went to Kurumba in July 2013 with my 12 year old daughter. This was our second trip to Maldives and the first impression was disappointing as the beach and location looked much less appealing than its sister resort, Velassaru. We knew that Male would be visible as it was very close to the airport. But we enjoyed watching planes land and take off especially at night.
It took us a while to explore and discover that this place was a gem! The house reef inside the boundary wasn't that great but just step outside and you will be amazed at the richness of marine life. My husband even saw a turtle! The Majaa Kids Club took care of the kids very sweetly and patiently. The water sports centre is awesome and the trip to Fish Aquarium was mind blowing! An absolute to-do before you die.
The rooms weren't that great but it is a 40 yr old resort and who wants to stay inside? The only negative was that the ACs weren't very effective.
The food here is the best I have had anywhere. Even though it is expensive, you must eat at least once at The Ocean Grill. The ambience is awesome with reef sharks making merry below you. The food is good everywhere. We ate Chinese, Indian, Western and of course at the Ocean Grill.
It was probably our best vacation ever. If food and snorkeling is what turns u on, look no further!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurumba is Maldives' very first resort. Located just 10-minutes from the airport with luxury speedboat transfers available 24 hours a day. Explore our vibrant house reef. Relaxing on the white sandy beach. Swimming in our protected crystal clear lagoon. Treat yourself to an exquisite Maldivian spa treatment. Be energized with the daily scheduled activities, watersports, excursions or scuba diving. Be inspired by the Maldives culture, local food, art and dance. Nine styles of accommodation are spread amongst the island's lush tropical gardens. Eight restaurants, four bars, Maldives best nightly entertainment scene. Kurumba is a perfect holiday destination. Kurumba is the Maldives in Full Colour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kurumba Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurumba Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Maldives North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Hotel