We stayed in a deluxe bungalow during the 2nd week of October. We were in a great position on the island with our porch just seconds from the beachfront. Our main view was of deep blue sea and a couple of islands in the distance and to the left we could see Male'. I can understand why some people don't want to see that every day but for us the 'hustle & bustle' of boats going to and from the airport and large ships in the distance made the day more interesting. The lagoon really is the same turquoise colour that it appears to be in photos and it is like a luke warm bath. The fish swim along the shore line as do reef sharks and you can go beyond the reef walls and still the water is only shoulder deep before suddenly dropping off to the relatively deep reef areas.
The food was great, we highly recommend the Chinese restaurant Ming Court and the Ocean Grill. We loved going into the beach bar at lunchtime to get out of the sun for a couple of hours and have a tasty pizza, burger, salad or anything you like really - it's all good!
There are ponds around the reception area which are filled with petals. There are also smaller versions of these in the toilets!
The staff are extremely friendly and do what they can to help. A word of advice - if you desperately want to eat in a particular restaurant, do follow the resorts advice and make a reservation.
Overall we had a lovely relaxing holiday. We found the spa to be very expensive and not what we expected in terms of treatments - I was thinking of coconut, lemongrass etc you know, local things used in hand made scrubs, but it was just the sort of treatments you can get at home so we didn't bother, although it does look lovely.
The shops in the resort are nice, but pricey. We didn't go on any excursions, but heard that if you go to a local island you can barter for many of the same items and get them at a fraction of the price.
You do see a lot of sea planes and larger international flights coming in, but not to a level where it was irritating, but I can understand that if you want complete peace and quiet this may not be the island for you.
We couldn't find anything not to love about Kurumba and if there weren't so many other places to see we would be booking up to return next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurumba is Maldives' very first resort. Located just 10-minutes from the airport with luxury speedboat transfers available 24 hours a day. Explore our vibrant house reef. Relaxing on the white sandy beach. Swimming in our protected crystal clear lagoon. Treat yourself to an exquisite Maldivian spa treatment. Be energized with the daily scheduled activities, watersports, excursions or scuba diving. Be inspired by the Maldives culture, local food, art and dance. Nine styles of accommodation are spread amongst the island's lush tropical gardens. Eight restaurants, three bars, Maldives best nightly entertainment scene, Kurumba is a perfect holiday destination. Kurumba is the Maldives in Full Colour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Kurumba Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurumba Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Maldives North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Hotel