“Wish this pub was our local”
Review of The Cherry Tree - CLOSED

The Cherry Tree
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We provide authentic Indian food,free home delivery within 3 miles radius.
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Our daughter lives in New Forest and we live 120 miles away in Stevenage so Farnham seems a good midway meeting point for lunch. I looked at T/A and spotted The Cherry Tree.

It's a couple of miles outside of Farnham, with a reasonable sized car park, but a sat nav might help you find it. We visited on 10th Dec when several people were in the bar but we opted for the dining room and were the only people there so presumably that was the reason for the heating not being on.

The service, and food were EXCELLENT and if the pub was nearer to my home, I would be a regular. The only reason why I have not given it full marks is that when we were there, the heating was not on, although a young man did oblige us by bringing in a portable electric heater at our request.

As a fairly new venture I wish the owners every success.

A

T/A

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Cherry Tree is a cracking little pub in a lovely village. The (relatively) new landlord and lady are nothing but friendly and welcoming, and have done a great job with the refurb. We visited on a Sunday, and it was heaving, but throughout our lengthy stay didn't hear one grumble from any of the customers - everyone was happy, full of praise for the staff and food. We ordered three different roasts, and all were cooked perfectly, with substantial veg on the side.

Both the chef and the landlord came over during our meal to check everything was ok, which considering how busy they were, was a lovely touch. They seemed to have settled in really well and know how to treat their customers.

As brilliant as the main courses were, the puddings trumped them. Look no further than the sticky toffee puddding - made by a local lady I believe - which is as good as you'll have anywhere.

All in all, a top place to have a meal and a quiet drink. Would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Cherry Tree cheese board.

Well, what can I say. Never before have I had the pleasure to enjoy such an important role in winning my favour. The cheese, the chutney, the crackers and the cracking service were more than my appetite could ever expect. As a lover of cheese, I don't often expect to be blown away by a cheese board from a local pub, but this was one to shout about. My taste buds were tickled, my nose; tantalised, and the sheer sensation of nostalgia brought on by the huge helping of brie reminded me of my grandma's cooking when I was a young lad. After having a smooth glass of port and my personally crafted cheese board, I felt lackadaisical as a lamb, knowing I had been tickled, tantalised and ultimately, satisfied.

The Cherry Tree cheese board, one to try for the first time, and then one to try again.

1  Thank HarrisonChap
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Cherry tree is a nice country pub in a quiet semi-rural location. The proprietors and bar/restaurant staff were friendly and efficient. The choice was good. The beer was good. The menu was imaginative and the quality of the food was excellent. Prices were very reasonable. Quantities erred a little on the generous side for me.

1  Thank ArielDougie
Reviewed November 13, 2013

first time in many year to visit this pub, with my wife and parents. I was not expecting gourmet meal, we had home made houmous to start delicious plenty of it and bread and a nice oily dip to put your bread in. I then had a hearty stew with dumplings, the was a very large amount tasted of good quality with all the usual veg. the rest of the guest had pork belly which was presented well and could not have tasted better lovely and crunch. I could not eat any more but I am sure the pudding are of the same quality, I will be revisiting soon

1  Thank Jolyon M