All reviews no elevator oysters decent place to stay affordable hotel comfortable rooms would stay here again first floor tudor style cereal rates college proximity clerk burt
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

My stay was ok. My first night I got in late and the only room left was outside the lobby (which is noisy) and seriously musty and moldy smelling. It hit you when you first walked into the room. It was so moist in that room that when I took my shoes off, the rug was wet. Gross! So the next morning I spoke with Vince at the front desk and he was empathetic and wonderful. He relocated me the next night and the experience was better.

I know they’re undergoing a series of renovations there but you think they’d take care of the functional aspects of the rooms (health and well being of living space) over the lavishly renovated lobby and hallway. The rooms are dated from like the 70’s/80’s or earlier and the halls are modern. It looks wonderful - gives a great first impression, but the lasting impression is how well you slept that night and whether you could breathe (esp if you suffer from allergies /asthma like I do.)

For a Gold-Coast Inn, I had higher expectations of the facilities.

2/5 stars for me.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Dear Mr. Patel:
We stayed at East Norwich Inn for five nights, commencing on June 15th. Upon checking out on June 20th, I advised your staff member at the desk about what problems we encountered and she suggested we email you.
Please note that we stayed over the years many times, prior and even during the renovation....we assumed that after renovation, all the rooms would have functional air conditioning; however, on our first night, the air conditioning was going on and off. We asked for a room change and were accommodated and found the new room, 327 had been upgraded and air conditioning was working. However, the following are details we want to make you aware of.
1. The breakfast was lacking. By the time we got downstairs on June 16, all bagels were gone; all that was available was one or two mini muffins and what looked like week old bananas. In fact, every day except for June 16, the bananas were terribly overripe and you could see they were not at all fresh. Also, on the day we checked out, June 20th, I wanted to get some coffee to take upstairs and attempted to put a lid on the coffee. The top did not fit the cup (was too large) so that I ended up getting spilled coffee on my arm trying to navigate upstairs with the faulty lid.
2. You don't have "do not disturb signs" for the doors. Thus, the maid knocked on our door at 9 A.M. (not sure of which date but when we were in room 327) to see if we were out of the room. On June 19th we came back in the evening; the bedspreads were rolled up on one chair and the extra blanket was rolled up in a ball on another chair. Room was not vacumed. On June 18th no paper cups were left in the room.
We did not stay for the past two years because of the air conditioning situation. However, with the renovation complete, we decided to stay once again. Upon arrival, we were so excited to see how beautiful the hotel now looks but you cannot expect to compete with other hotels with the situation being what it is.

Room Tip: Staying downstairs you hear every step from upstairs staying upstairs no elevator so you have to walk up about 20 steps with your luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jefers22
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at East Norwich Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Dear jefers22,

We are very sorry that you experienced problems during your 5 night stay at East Norwich Inn. Rest assured the items you mentioned have been addressed and corrections are in place. This situation certainly is not the typical service offered at our facility. Your business is important to us and is always appreciated. We hope you will give us another chance to prove we are still a great place to stay.

E.Norwich, NY.

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was recommended by my son and daughter in law and we wasn’t disappointed. Easy to find and to get to the local malls and amenities. Breakfast was fine and the room was clean and tidy. You need a car for the local area which is very pretty and so different to the city.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at East Norwich Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Dear Nicola G,

We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed the convenience and accommodations of your most recent visit with us. Your satisfaction is our top priority and your feedback is more than welcome as an encouraging reinforcement to the policies that we've implemented to improve upon each guests experience. Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again soon!

East Norwich, NY

Reviewed June 10, 2018

I needed a place to stay on Long Island for the night and decided on this place. For the money, it was exactly what I needed for the night. The room was clean enough, the bed plenty comfortable and the hotel wasn't overly noisy. The breakfast as a typical continental offering, with a waffle iron, toast/bagels, cereal and fruit. Nothing spectacular, but again, it got the job done.

As for the area, there are a handful of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, but unless you are driving or having someone else do the driving for you, there wasn't much else in the immediate area.

Compared to a lot of other area hotels, the price was quite reasonable and it was a decent place to stay. There isn't a whole lot about it was makes you say "wow", but nothing wrong with it either for a night or two.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank BlueGold75

Dear BlueGold75,

On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you will let us serve you again Our guest comments are very important as we work to offer clean and comfortable accommodations. Please come visit again soon.

East Norwich, NY

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Awesome place to stay. Great location with stores and restaurants in the area.The Room was a good size and very clean .The lobby and hallways were in Great condition for an older hotel with beautiful decor!!

Room Tip: Nice place to stay!
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Patty B

Dear Patty B,

Thank you for your review, rating and recommendation of our hotel. It is rewarding to learn that we have exceeded our guest expectations. We truly appreciate your business, please make us your home away from home when you come to the are

East Norwich,,NY