“Excellent Service and Location.”
Review of East Norwich Inn

East Norwich Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Norwich
Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at East Norwich Inn for about 5 weeks after staying at other hotels in the area. My room was perfectly fine for the AAA price I received. It isn't the Four Seasons nor is it priced as such.

My room was very clean, comfortable, and just a really great place to relax after a long day working. The staff was amazingly nice, accommodating, NOT snobby, and made my stay there 5 star.

The breakfast bar was full of fresh fruit, fresh fruit juice, bagels, cream cheese, yogurt, cereal along with brewed coffee and teas.

My room had a sliding glass door with a view of small grassy yard allowing fresh air in the room. I love this place and I LOVE the staff.

There is also a exercise room I thought was fine. Since there are so many outdoor attractions in the area I opted to get my exercise outside.

Next door is Rothmann's which serves steaks, local produce, and has a nice bar.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Jphaymes
There are newer reviews for East Norwich Inn

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I was here for business and would not return until they do an upgrade. For the money there are better hotels in the area. The business trip was great but the hotel brought it down. If it were not for the steak house in the parking lot and the hole in the wall pizzeria across the street it would have been a real downer time away from work. The staff was friendly and the continental breakfast was good. But the halls are damp and dark. The rooms are likely as they were 30 years ago. Not a good place to stay if you need to do a bit of work in your room and the bed was not the most comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank arizonaac
Reviewed January 14, 2012

On entering this hotel (motel?), we were greeted rather sourly in reception, as if we'd managed somehow to make a bad day even worse for the receptionist, just by us being there! One gets the feeling that Norman Bates may once have visited here for inspiration. A stay in the East Norwich could be regarded as a travel back in time - I'd stayed here several years ago & I'm fairly confident in saying the decor hasn't changed one bit. There's nothing fashionably retro about this - this is real! - 60s style, complete with vintage photograph of (beautiful - yes) Angie Dickinson in her heyday adorning one wall. The time travel experience continues in the bedroom, with antiquated furniture & surely the oldest surviving televison set still in existence. The room heating system is adequate, if rather loud - the choice is yours, either to freeze in peaceful calm or roast in a reverberating racket. Breakfast is a continental affair & is complimentary; it is fresh & filling. This hotel could benefit with the introduction of a restaurant and/or bar for guests - or at least, the GUESTS would benefit from such an enterprise. But then again, that may be just one step too far into the present for this establishment.

Room Tip: the "business centre" is a tiny room - ideal for those who enjoy small, dark places
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gerandcol
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Our soccer team stayed here and everyone seemed to have a good experience. I was a bit nervous and hesitant after reading some reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised. When I stay in a hotel, I want my room to be clean and to have a good shower. This was all that! Rooms were fine, heat/cooling system worked well, bed was comfortable. Yes, it could use some more modern decor and renovating, but for 1 night, it was fine! The staff is very friendly and extremely accommodating!! There was a small lobby that the team used for a pizza party. It worked out well for us and the price was right.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank suewh
Reviewed October 23, 2011

It was very difficult for my wife and i to sleep due to the insufferable creaking of the floor above our room. We were in the D section of rooms and the occupant of the room directly above us seemed to be walking around half the night. Every step was incredibly loud in our room below. After driving to Long Island 8 hours the evening before, I needed a good night's sleep and did not get it here. Disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed at the East Norwich Inn because it was the closest hotel to a wedding we had come to attend. We had 2 of the most horrible nights sleep ever. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. Very hard and saggy & lumpy in spots. The beds are probably the original beds from when the motel was built. I was concerned the whole time about whether or not there were dust mites or bed bugs. The ventilation system was horrible making the sheets soggy and wet as well as some of our clothes. It is dark and dreary. The staff does not do a good job cleaning here. We considered leaving after 1 night but it would have been too long of a drive home after the wedding ended so late. My advice, go to the Marriott or Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We were in the area for a family funeral and this was the closest affordable hotel to Oyster Bay where the services would be. While the place looked charming on the outside and the staff was very friendly the rooms were a bit of a disappointment. The room itself was in need of renovation. Nothing huge, just little cracks in paint or peeling wallpaper in corners, and the bed spreads felt like they needed a good cleaning. Our main complaint was that the beds were very uncomfortable and the pillows were minuscule. We called the front desk when we got into the room at around 9pm to ask for more pillows but were told that the clerk didn't have any at the desk and he couldn't leave his station. So my mother had a horrible night's sleep, and I didn't fare much better. Though our reservation was to stay longer we checked out after the one night & checked into another hotel about 15 minutes further away. At the East Norwich In it was nice to have a fridge in the room and I was surprised to find free wifi, though the hotel didn't advertise it. If the beds were better it would be a decent place to stay but we were only in the room to sleep so we chose to leave.

Room Tip: Has free wifi in rooms & a small business center.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Oheka Castle
Oheka Castle
#1 of 3 in Huntington

Been to East Norwich Inn? Share your experiences!