“Never disappoints”

La Pizzetta Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in East Norwich
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 10, 2013

La Pizzetta is consistently good....never have I found any day where the food was less than its usual excellence. They make the most tender veal dishes of any restaurant I have been to on Long Island, when many places are hit or miss with the veal. Their sauces are always good, the menu is varied, there is a variety of fresh veggies, seafood and fish items are never under or overcooked, and their small pizzas are tasty and have good crust, even though the restaurant is more known for its food. The service is attentive without being annoying and the owners are always on premises to oversee, great people personally, and show their love of what they do. I have always found the wait to be fair...no playing favorites, which some places are guilty of, and they provide a place to sit while waiting. La Pizzetta started out as a neighborhood pizza place with additional food and has cultivated its cookery to become a really good restaurant while retaining its neighborhood quality and warmth. BRAVO to La Pizzetta.

There are newer reviews for La Pizzetta Restaurant

Reviewed December 31, 2012

La Pizzetta is one of those friendly family restaurants that never seems to disappoint. Owner Giovanni keeps a watchful eye over his kitchen and his customers, happily stopping by each table several times a night to make sure everything is satisfactiory to his customers. But of course the success to any family restaurant is the quality of its food, which over the course of several visits we have found to be consistent and delicious! Appetizers and main courses use only the freshest ingredients, and our favorites are the stuffed artichoke, hot antipasto, calamari and baked clams. I'm partial to veal, and the marsala is always cooked to perfection without that heavy-sauce covering that is the downfall of many veal dishes. Fish is always fresh and light, and the selection of pastas ranges above the other local Italian eateries. La Pizzetta may be a little noisy at times, but since this is a very pouplar local place many of the diners know each other and return time and time again to a consistent, well-prepared meal in a friendly and amiable environment. I would recommend La Pizzetta as a restaurant that takes its customers seriously and always aims to please. The wine selection is excellent and the wait staff friendly and accommodating. Whatever La Pizzetta is doing, keep it up! We plan to keep going on a regular basis.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

It's been a bright spot against a bunch of other pizza joints. It's got a nice clean and uncluttered interior, not crowded, and staff very polite and accommodating. We ordered from the menu which was reasonably priced and modified their pizza with an additional topping with no issues (unlike other places which stare at you as to why you'd want to do that).

Decent value for the money. While the size of the pizzas are not large (around 12-14") the quality is there. Thin crust pizza was delicious. I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

My family took me there for my birthday. I was so disappointed. I had fried shrimp parmagiana. The tomato sauce tasted like tomato juice. It was bland--unseasoned and undercooked. The worst part were the crushed tomatoes that still had the stem area on them. It was as if someone opened a can of crushed tomatoes and poured them over the shrimp. Unfortunately my sister and mom had the fried shrimp parm too--so we got 3 orders of bad food. My dad's ravioli were not much better. This is not Italian food.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

I tried the artichokes+aubergine pizza which I was looking forward to - unfortunately it was very disappointing, with a soggy base & rather tasteless topping. Staff however, were pleasant & attentive. Price was OK.