All reviewsbed and breakfastmy husband and iget awaynorth forkother guestsoutdoor deckhomemade baked goodscorned beef hashcookiesrelaxing experiencevalentine's dayfarm standluxury bath productshot dishescaribbean breakfastsitting roommade us feel at home
Reviewed October 5, 2010

This is the perfect place in the lovely Inman Park neighbourhood for travelers who are ok with vsiting Victorian houses but wouldn't want to live in one. Urban Oasis is a breath of fresh air. Judy is a perfect host, so friendly and with lots of helpful tips and advice. She shares her home with such ease, we felt very much at home. And since our stay here were our last 2 days in Atlanta, after having lived here for 3 years, that meant a lot.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

So, let me start with this: This was my first time at a B&B, so remember that when reading this review. Ok, now, we drive up and the house is very cute and quaint. There is a circular driveway with several parking spots for all the guests. Perfect. We walk up to the house and ring the bell and are greeted by Sylvia, the inn-keeper. She sits us down in the living room and begins the check in process. It takes a bit long since she is back and forth around the house at the same time. Not a big deal considering there is a nice tea layout on the table in front of us (which we didnt try, but it did look pretty good). There were a few details that she mixed up and kept blaming "them" for not paying attention, although, I didnt see "anyone else". Either way, we finally figured out the proper times and restaraunts for our reservations and she called and fixed everything. There were also supposed to be some gifts in the room for my wife since we were celebrating her birthday and only some of them were there. The others were still not delivered, again, because "they" were running late. We went up to the room which was very nice, spacious and clean. The tub was an old school footed model which my wife thought was very charming. The decor fit the rest of the house and was also quite charming and comfortable. Bring your own slippers as the ones provided were quite used. Considering you can buy a pair for $2 at old navy, she should replace them more often. We stayed in the Kingston room, and although it faced the front of the house and Main Road, it was very quiet and we slept like babies. The breakfast was EXCELLENT. The biscuits, apple bread, and coffee cake were all EXTREMELY good! The eggs and home made hash was delish and the fresh fruit salad was also very, very good. She serves Blue Mountain Jamaican coffee, which she reminds you as often as possible, so if you dont like your coffee strong, you'd better opt for the tea. After breakfast we took a stroll around the grounds and found it to be cute and pretty well maintained, however, there were several sitting areas that needed new furniture as they were very dirty and I would not consider using them even with a throw on top. There was a hammock that should have been removed and replaced but it was still hanging there, very sorry looking. Now, for the "SPA". The spa was simply two rooms in the house. Sylvia, did the facials, and she brought in outside masseuses to handle the massages. Apparently she uses more than one, because one lady had a massage and said it was the best she'd ever had, however, my wife's was not. She said the masseuse was creepy and his skills were sub par. She couldnt wait for it to be over. So in summary: Great B&B, but skip the Spa Services.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank crispo069
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My fiance and I decided last minute to take a long weekend on the North Fork to get out of the city. Of course, most placess were booked! I called Jedidiah Hawkins and they were full, but she recommended Quintessentials. Great suggestion! The owner, Sylvia, is amazing! Her breakfast is out of this world. The first day, we didn't know what to expect and ate everything offered to us and we didn't need to eat again until dinner that night. Definitely try the corned beef hash and homemade coffee cake. As for our accomodations, we stayed in one of the smaller rooms (the Brandon room). Nothing bad to say - it was cute and comfortable (and I slept like a baby). The inn is very quaint and close to everything the North Fork has to offer - wineries, farms, beaches, etc. You can pick your own lavendar at a farm just a few steps down the road! All in all, I loved our stay and I would recommend it to anyone. Thank you, Sylvia!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

My wife and I have a great time at Quints last weekend. Sylvia, the innkeeper, really makes you feel at home. The room was very clean (and very blue --my wife's favorite color!). There were plenty of reading materials and if we had wanted them, games to play.

Most of the other guests were also couples, but there was one extended family (grandmonther, parents and grandchild there as well).

My wife really enjoyed her break fast --I'm a little picky (no eggs) so Sylvia made alternate arrangements for me.

The location is great -- on Rte 25 --about 8 miles from the Ferry and a couple of miles East of Greenport. Plenty of great restaurants in all price ranges in the area.

We don't get away without the kids very often so I'm happy to say that we had such a nice time!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EandDSyosset_NY
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Quintessentials a year ago right after our wedding and came back this summer for our anniversary. We cannot recommend this bed and breakfast highly enough! Every detail has been thought of--coffee and tea when you wake up, fresh iced tea in the afternoons, delicious decadent breakfasts on a sunny outdoor deck prepared by Sylvia, movies and books available to borrow, incredible spa treatments, beautiful rooms...there is not enough that we can say to adequately describe how wonderfully relaxing it is. The house is on beautiful grounds and the staff, especially Sylvia herself, is so warm and inviting, you feel welcomed the minute you step inside. They go out of their way to make your stay memorable and enjoyable. The location is ideal--so close to Greenport and to the wineries, and the beach. A perfect romantic getaway. We left feeling refreshed and reconnected.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple