All reviewsbed and breakfastmy husband and iget awaynorth forkother guestsoutdoor deckhomemade baked goodscorned beef hashcookiesrelaxing experiencevalentine's dayfarm standluxury bath productshot dishescaribbean breakfastsitting roommade us feel at home
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My fiance and I decided last minute to take a long weekend on the North Fork to get out of the city. Of course, most placess were booked! I called Jedidiah Hawkins and they were full, but she recommended Quintessentials. Great suggestion! The owner, Sylvia, is amazing! Her breakfast is out of this world. The first day, we didn't know what to expect and ate everything offered to us and we didn't need to eat again until dinner that night. Definitely try the corned beef hash and homemade coffee cake. As for our accomodations, we stayed in one of the smaller rooms (the Brandon room). Nothing bad to say - it was cute and comfortable (and I slept like a baby). The inn is very quaint and close to everything the North Fork has to offer - wineries, farms, beaches, etc. You can pick your own lavendar at a farm just a few steps down the road! All in all, I loved our stay and I would recommend it to anyone. Thank you, Sylvia!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

My wife and I have a great time at Quints last weekend. Sylvia, the innkeeper, really makes you feel at home. The room was very clean (and very blue --my wife's favorite color!). There were plenty of reading materials and if we had wanted them, games to play.

Most of the other guests were also couples, but there was one extended family (grandmonther, parents and grandchild there as well).

My wife really enjoyed her break fast --I'm a little picky (no eggs) so Sylvia made alternate arrangements for me.

The location is great -- on Rte 25 --about 8 miles from the Ferry and a couple of miles East of Greenport. Plenty of great restaurants in all price ranges in the area.

We don't get away without the kids very often so I'm happy to say that we had such a nice time!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EandDSyosset_NY
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Quintessentials a year ago right after our wedding and came back this summer for our anniversary. We cannot recommend this bed and breakfast highly enough! Every detail has been thought of--coffee and tea when you wake up, fresh iced tea in the afternoons, delicious decadent breakfasts on a sunny outdoor deck prepared by Sylvia, movies and books available to borrow, incredible spa treatments, beautiful rooms...there is not enough that we can say to adequately describe how wonderfully relaxing it is. The house is on beautiful grounds and the staff, especially Sylvia herself, is so warm and inviting, you feel welcomed the minute you step inside. They go out of their way to make your stay memorable and enjoyable. The location is ideal--so close to Greenport and to the wineries, and the beach. A perfect romantic getaway. We left feeling refreshed and reconnected.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Sylvia is an expert in skin care, healthy eating and taking care of the body...her facility is a combination of your favorite old house and an upscale spa...comfortable, private, clean, lovely, serene, It will make you feel you've had an entire spa to yourself...my skin has not felt so soft and looked so glowey. I just loved it.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 1, 2010

We were there for our 25th wedding anniversary and Sylvia made it extra special. We were able to 'chill-lax' and enjoy. The garden was great for reading, napping or just chatting with your loved one. Breakfast was generous and tasty; the company was enjoyable and layed-back. Sylvia made great dinner arrangements, and the massage sessions were well worth it. We really enjoyed ourselves! We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple