All reviewsbed and breakfastmy husband and iget awaynorth forkother guestsoutdoor deckhomemade baked goodscorned beef hashcookiesrelaxing experiencevalentine's dayfarm standluxury bath productshot dishescaribbean breakfastsitting roommade us feel at home
Reviewed August 14, 2006

I Do agree with the other reviews. Although this was my first time at a bed and breakfast and i did relieze that my wife and i are resort style vacationers. If you are into the quiet ,relaxing style place this is for you. Sylvia was a very pleasant person and makes your stay like you are visiting family .

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 6, 2006

My husband and I spent last weekend at Quintessentials to celebrate our 28th anniversary. The experience was excellent. We very much enjoyed meeting Sylvia, the owner, who is both exceptionally warm and interesting, and also interested in her guests. She was helpful in suggesting beaches, wineries, restaurants, and much more. The room was charming. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast on the deck, each day with a varied bread basket with biscuits and other interesting breads, as well as eggs with a really interesting corned beef hash one day, and a frittata the other. Both days had plantains, as Sylvia is from Jamaica. At tea time, there were homemade baked goods and iced tea. The garden is very pretty. We didn't do any spa treatments, but next time we will. Also, the area on the North Fork of Long Island is very appealing, and interesting to explore.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank tripwoman
Reviewed November 20, 2005

This past weekend my husband and I went to a bed and breakfast in Greenport, Long Island called "Quintessentials" for our 10-yr wedding anniversary. We had the most relaxing time than I have had in a long time. There are FIVE ("quint" which is the cardinal number that is the sum of four and one) main reasons that we will be returning to this establishment:

1. The owner is one of the warmest and inviting individuals that we have experienced in our lifetime. She makes you feel like family.

2. The beds are incredibly comfortable and the rooms are impeccably clean.

3. Every detail is immaculate and designed to give you the greatest comfort level.

4. The breakfast and snacks are delicious, nutritious and leave you wanting more.

5. Last but definitely not least, the scenery and convenience of the facilities are immeasurable.

We left there wanting to stay! We left feeling renewed, revived and ready to take whatever life has to offer!

9  Thank Extraordinary28070