“Relaxing and lovely”

Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 East Marion B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We spent only one night at the Quintessentials B&B on the North Fork of Long Island, NY, but it was lovely enough to want to return. Our host, Sylvia, was such a warm and interesting lady. The other guests that we met were friendly and we enjoyed visiting with them too. Great conversations, great, full hot breakfast on the outdoor deck, spotless establishment, comfortable bed, afternoon hot appetizers served in the sitting room. Just great!
Our only slightly negative comment is that our room, the Savannah, had a bit too much furniture in it for the size. One of the chairs and the wardrobe in the corner could go and the room would function much better. The other rooms are larger. We recommend this B&B and would return.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 30, 2008

Besides being greeted by Sylvia Daley, the owner & innkeeper, you are initially greeted by the home itself. The home has a warm and inviting spirit which you feel immediately upon entering the door. Sylvia is a wonderful host and quite an amazing woman. The home has a great history and is very beautiful. The Mandeville room was awesome. My spa services were phenomenal. And the breakfasts...words can't express the delight in the food, the service and the company of Sylvia during breakfast, which was an absolute treat. Cannot wait to visit again!!! Very highly recommended!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2008

My boyfriend and I went to Quintessentials for a weekend away from New
York City. It was close enough to the city for us to get there quickly, we took the Hampton Jitney and then rented a car (which I recommend for going to dinner since the restaurants are not within walking distance to the inn), but felt like it was a world away. Sylvia, the innkeeper, was just lovely -- very hospitable and interesting. The food was yummy, and the area was charming - it was our first time out to the Long Island North Fork. We stayed in the Kingston Room, which was comfy and inviting. The jacuzzi was great - and to disagree with what was said in another review - and was well-suited for a couple. We didn't book a massage since we frequent spas in the city, but the next time we go -- and there will be a next time
-- I think we will. Overall, it was a lovely experience and it made me
want to explore more B&B's. I would definitely recommend it, especially over an impersonal hotel with the same cookie-cutter rooms on every floor and anonymous service. Great time!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2008

Sylva was a wonderful hostess, very friendly, warm, and accomodating. The inn was beautifully decorated. Everyday breakfast was a treat, made with an island flare. The rooms were named after Jamaican names. Our room had a spacious deck and a cozy fireplace. Great for snuggling up together. The town of Greenport which is closest to East Marion has plenty of things to do and see. I highly recommend staying the weekend if you can.

Reviewed January 3, 2008

My husband and I absolutely loved our little get away! Sylvia is the perfect hostess and she is one excellent cook. From the minute we walked in we felt extremely welcomed. Our stay there was so relaxing and incredible. My massage with Tim was so relaxing and wonderful. My facial with Sylvia was unbelievable, my skin looks beautiful. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast. We will definetly be back soon!

Reviewed December 20, 2007

Quintessentials is such a wonderful relaxing and enjoyable experience. I highly recommend.

Reviewed December 7, 2007

Finding a place to go on Long Island, where you can truly relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of it all is rare. That is how I would describe Quintessential, a "Rare Find". The attention from the staff was superb. The massage combined with the steam bath was to die for. I left with a smile on my face and no frowns. Thanks Quintessentials!!! I will be back.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
#1 of 8 in Cutchogue
Jedediah Hawkins Inn & Restaurant
0 mi away
Arbor View House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa? Share your experiences!