WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa

Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 East Marion B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Quintessentials lives up to its name!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have stayed at Quintessentials 4 years in a row. Sylvia Daly is a hostess second to none. She has ruined me for all B&B's! Seriously, the accommodations are very clean, comfortable and nicely done. Each room has a theme and all are very warm and relaxing. The whole atmosphere of the property is quaint and just gives you the feel of "home".

Her breakfast is a brunch. Served later than most (around 9:45am) and will last about an hour. You won't need lunch! Sylvia also will go to great lengths for special dietary needs. The food is fresh, healthy choices, and she will share recipes! What is unique is how she presents each course and will join you at the table. The conversation is always warm and inviting. During the summer months, while the weather is good, dining on the deck helps add to the relaxation.

If you wish to stay for a while, you can spend time on the property in the lounge chairs, hammock swing or rocking chairs. There are lovely flowers and gardens spread out. And even a nice gazebo. Inside, there is a nice library and sitting room on the first floor.

I cannot say enough about the charm and dedication this wonder innkeeper has toward her guests. She is extraordinaire! And Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa is the ultimate in B&B experience.

Room Tip: The Brandon room has a Jacuzzi tub. A couple of other rooms have private decks.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank WendyRN118

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Freeport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at Quintessentials for a couple of nights with my sister and teenage daughter. We stayed in the Kingston room. It was terrific. The king-sized bed was very comfortable and we were provided an extra fold-out bed since there was three of us.

The breakfasts were amazing. All the food was fresh and absolutely delicious. We are still raving about the home-made coffee cake and biscuits. The frittatas, potatoes, juice and coffee were also excellent.

Sylvia was such a pleasure. We had great conversations with her every day. Aside from her excellent hospitality, Sylvia did an amazing job with the spa services. I had a facial for the first time and it was superb.

By the time we checked-out, I felt as though we had just ended a visit with a long-lost relative. Sylvia really made us feel at home. This was one of the most relaxing vacations I ever had.

Another great thing about this B&B is it's location. It was close to downtown Greenport, the LI wineries, Orient State Park/beach, farm stands, the ferries and several restaurants.

I only have good things to say. We will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms have their own unique charm.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pam930
Jericho, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I returned to Quintessentials for some much needed R&R. As expected, our experience was superb -- just like the last time we were there. Sylvia is like family, her B&B is beautiful, luxurious -- a real Island feel on the North Fork. The spa is wonderful and the world class breakfasts -- no need for lunch after savoring all the delicious home cooked goodies. We will definitely be back ASAP!!! Quintessentials is by far our favorite B&B -- and we've been to many!!! xo

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen C
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just came from an amazing weekend with my husband at Quintessentials. What a special place! The owner Sylvia certainly knows what it means to be hospitable. No detail was forgotten. From the moment we walked in we were impressed. We walked into her beautiful home and were welcomed with great Jazz music playing and the smell of fresh baked cookies and as if that wasn't enough, Sylvia greeted us with her beautiful smile and cheery personality. We continued to be surprised throughout our weekend stay. Our room was cozy and the bed was so comfortable. The breakfast is definitely worth mentioning. Sylvia cooked up an amazing breakfast which included many herbs and vegetable from her fresh organic garden. If you enjoy landscaping you will be in heaven when walking through her beautiful gardens. Be sure to stop off in her meditation area, great way to start a day. We hope that you will have the opportunity to be one of Sylvia's guest. You will not be disappointed. We can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Savannah room which we loved but one of her smaller rooms which we purposely chose...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

It was really a great experience.. The fresh baked chocolate chip cookies was delish. We would definitely go back. The bed was soo comfortable, my girlfriend and I stayed. In Mandeville Room the decor was so beautiful, we had a bottle of champagne in our room, We had robes and slippers,. I had a great massage. The breakfast was.great the fretatta, hash brown, fresh baked biscuits and breads were so delicious. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hoboken
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I hesitate expressing the flaws I saw in my stay because we were welcomed into the inn with warmth and friendliness, but to be fair, I am dispersing my comments as set forth.

My friend and I stayed in the Negril room, which has a terrace, fireplace and whirlpool tub. I am rating my stay as average with the title of "needs a touch more" because the terrace had a typical backyard view, no garden of flowers, just two shed-type structures in view and the lounge chair on the terrace looked too worn for my bones to rest upon.

There were no luxury bath products provided, just some gel soap, a lotion resembling conditioner and shampoo that is dispensed from the wall of the shower. It smelled cheap and felt cheap upon my skin. I wished I had bought my own soap.

The room was awkwardly furnished by the placement of a long table running in front of a bay window with a chair on each side. I felt clutter getting on and off the bed as it was positioned by a fireplace that added no charm nor warmth as it was fake, a gas appendage against the wall of which the bed ran across; this is where I felt the squeeze of clutter.
I did get a good night's rest, but that could have come with the help of my day's trek to the nearby vineyards.
So, I rate it average because the room was as average as a Best Western, except the room came at luxury prices. I expected a touch more for the 300+ a night.

Room Tip: If you still choose to pay the top dollar for a stay at this inn, matter as well go with the Negril...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TrueAdmelinda
Wyckoff, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a wonderful, last-minute weekend. Sylvia is an excellent hostess and our room was cozy. The house and grounds were intimate with rich history that she shared. The breakfast was mouth-watering and she has a special nack for selection/prep; you won't forget the home made Corn Beef Hash!
Look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Quintbbspa, Owner at Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa. We especially love when our guests write about our cooking. The corn beef hash has been a perennial winner and the recipe is on its way to you this very minute! We too are looking forward to your next visit, you were wonderful guests. I’m already thinking menu, and some exquisite dishes for your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Marion
Shelter Island House
Shelter Island House
#1 of 5 in Shelter Island
Arbor View House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa? Share your experiences!