All reviewsbed and breakfastmy husband and iget awaynorth forkother guestsoutdoor deckhomemade baked goodscorned beef hashcookiesrelaxing experiencevalentine's dayfarm standluxury bath productshot dishescaribbean breakfastsitting roommade us feel at home
Reviewed January 30, 2012

it's almost february in new york & feels like spring. what better way to celebrate, than to hop in the car, head out to a beautiful place where you know you'll be welcomed?

we did exactly that & were rewarded with a warm greeting from innkeeper, sylvia; delicious afternoon tea; gorgeous room with extremely comfy bed; delectable breakfast; great company; easy access to all the wonderful things the north fork offers--beach, wine & great food. not to mention spectacular sunrises & sun sets.

thank you, sylvia, for all of quintessentials & thanks mother nature for giving us an unforgettable weekend to enjoy it all.

Room Tip: the entire upstairs is quiet & relaxing, but if you want to be farthest away from all the other rooms & main stairs, choose the negril room with the big plantation bed & balcony looking over the rear gardens & property. the savannah is cozy & calm the mandeville also has a balcony with a view to the back the kingston takes you back to the old world with the colors & lovely claw foot tub in the bathroom the brandon feels like home
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abiola7
Reviewed November 23, 2011

From the moment we walked in the door we knew we picked the right place. Celebrating our honeymoon Sylvia made our stay memorable. She adds to the charm of this historic get-away spot. We ate at some fabulous local restaurants, relaxed and each had a wonderful massage. We're looking forward to returning in the warmer months when her gardens are in bloom. I think my belly is still full from those biscuits!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rose G
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed in the Brandon Room which was spacious and comfortable. The host, Sylvia, was the right balance of attentive and withdrawn (she gives you your space). I had two spa services (facial and massage) which were professionally performed and reasonably priced. Breakfast was delicious, but served (I thought) a little late, @ 9:45 a.m. I'd go back in a heartbeat though.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank kiskatomcreek
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed at Quintessentials during the North Fork's House and Garden Tour. Let me tell you, Sylvia has one of the most magnificent gardens that I have ever seen. There is a lovely outdoor sitting space with a cooling fan where I enjoyed brownies and lemonade. The house was spotless and fabulous. We had her famed corn beef hash in the morning and I particularly loved the sweet bread and the mint infused water (so refreshing)! It was quite a relaxing getaway from my busy life in the city. I loved using the jaccuzzi jet tub to relax and wind down. Definitely a great place to stay, especially in the summer.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MaddyMonty
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My friend and I brought our daughters to celebrate their 21st birthdays. Quintessentials was perfect: low key and very relaxing. Right from the start we felt welcome. The bedrooms were clean and decorated in soothing color. Silvia made a hard-to-get reservation for Friday night at a terrific local restaurant, The Frisky Oyster, Breakfast on the patio Saturday morning was delicious and bountiful. We all had great massages in the two massage rooms and then visited a number of local wineries.

Sunday it rained so we had breakfast, again delicious, in the dining room on a beautifully set table.

We were looking for a relaxing, low key weekend to unwind and Quintessentials was the perfect spot. Silvia was a charming but not obtrusive hostess. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends