All reviewsbed and breakfastmy husband and iget awaynorth forkother guestsoutdoor deckhomemade baked goodscorned beef hashcookiesrelaxing experiencevalentine's dayfarm standluxury bath productshot dishescaribbean breakfastsitting roommade us feel at home
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed in the Brandon Room which was spacious and comfortable. The host, Sylvia, was the right balance of attentive and withdrawn (she gives you your space). I had two spa services (facial and massage) which were professionally performed and reasonably priced. Breakfast was delicious, but served (I thought) a little late, @ 9:45 a.m. I'd go back in a heartbeat though.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank kiskatomcreek
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed at Quintessentials during the North Fork's House and Garden Tour. Let me tell you, Sylvia has one of the most magnificent gardens that I have ever seen. There is a lovely outdoor sitting space with a cooling fan where I enjoyed brownies and lemonade. The house was spotless and fabulous. We had her famed corn beef hash in the morning and I particularly loved the sweet bread and the mint infused water (so refreshing)! It was quite a relaxing getaway from my busy life in the city. I loved using the jaccuzzi jet tub to relax and wind down. Definitely a great place to stay, especially in the summer.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MaddyMonty
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My friend and I brought our daughters to celebrate their 21st birthdays. Quintessentials was perfect: low key and very relaxing. Right from the start we felt welcome. The bedrooms were clean and decorated in soothing color. Silvia made a hard-to-get reservation for Friday night at a terrific local restaurant, The Frisky Oyster, Breakfast on the patio Saturday morning was delicious and bountiful. We all had great massages in the two massage rooms and then visited a number of local wineries.

Sunday it rained so we had breakfast, again delicious, in the dining room on a beautifully set table.

We were looking for a relaxing, low key weekend to unwind and Quintessentials was the perfect spot. Silvia was a charming but not obtrusive hostess. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank LongIslandprof
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Please consider my suggestions before booking rooms here.
1) far from the beach- a car is a must!
2) this place is downright spooky. I know what one might think that I am very hard to please but no it is not it. The owner, Sylvia, who seems sweeter than honey on the phone is a very bad, cold, incompassionable hostess. Example 1: I cut myself . I grabbed the first towel I saw to stop the bleeding. She charged me $30 for one towel, claiming that blood stains ruined her property.

Example 2: Sylvia has all these insane rules regarding locking the front door. She scolds her guests if the door is left opened.

Example 3: sylvia does not let her guests keep luggage for the day inside upon a check out.

She also thinks that her company is absolutely necessary at breakfast. She sits with you and feeds you not only bad spoiled tomatoes but also her fairy tales of her child hood. If you ask me, I can live without them.

Her garden is roomy but the insects bite you to death. Do not sit out after dark.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank Traveler090968
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This was an excellent place to stay. Quiet, relaxing and very helpful. One feature that I really liked was that they had a little convenience store right next door where one could get papers, etc. The backyard was very big and there were gazebos, pagodas with rocking chairs, a nice big hammock. This was a real delight and the breakfasts were first rate! Treat yourself and take a visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple