Given how expensive other nearby options were, my friend and I jumped at the chance to book a room for less than $200 in late August. For one, the main building that is featured in all the management photos is very charming and inn-like however most of the rooms are actually in a separate building, which is not so charming and very dated and motel-like.
The room itself was quite small, however it was nice to have a full kitchen including a half-sized fridge and four-top gas burning stove - I've never seen that included in a basic hotel room before. The kitchen is stocked with utensils, a full plate set including wine glasses, dish soap, etc. so it's perfect for people who want to cook a meal or two instead of eating out all the time. The bathroom was a tight squeeze! The bathroom sink was small and offered very little counter space so we kept our toiletries on the kitchen counter instead of within easy reach in the bathroom, which is a bit inconvenient. There was a shower in the bathroom (no tub) and even though the shower was clean, it looked a bit dated and dingy. I also found the water pressure to be on the low side. My major complaint about the room would be the beds - the mattresses were too soft and saggy and the bed frame is an over-sized wood box which both my friend and I very painfully rammed our shins into by accident on two separate occasions! It would be nice if management could pad the bed frames somewhat, especially since the rooms are on the smaller side and hence guests are probably more likely to bump into them.
On the plus side, I think the management tries to make the best out of what they have and so they are generous with toiletries including toothpaste, Scope mouthwash, dental floss, and shower caps, etc. We thought everything in the room was clean and the bedspreads were cute and looked brand new. I also thought it was great that there are picnic tables and barbecue pits on the grounds, which is perfect for groups and families who are looking for a casual, low-key break from the uber fancy and expensive North Fork restaurant offerings. We thought the continental breakfast was a great little perk, although the actual offerings are somewhat spartan : bagels, mini muffins, mini croissants, cereal, oatmeal packets, yogurt, and apples and bananas. It would have been really nice if management provided a toaster for the bagels and some other jam flavors (they had grape only). Tip: for anyone unhappy with the breakfast offerings, there is a super cute deli/cafe called Fork and Anchor, which is a quick 5 minute walk from the Inn.
Our favorite perk was the Inn's location adjacent to a lavender farm. It was so heavenly pulling in to the Inn and smelling air that was so wonderfully fragrant. Overall, my friend and I were both pleased with our experience at the Blue Inn, but we decided that the lavender farm was our favorite part of the trip and would lure us back to a return stay at Blue Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Inn at North Fork offers 29 refurbished guest rooms and suites conveniently located on the beautiful and charming North Fork of Long Island, New York. Nestled in the heart of wine country, The Blue Inn is minutes from unspoiled beaches, historic and picturesque villages, bustling restaurants and quaint shops. We invite you to experience for yourself the quiet country feel, natural beauty and miles of open bucolic farmland and vineyards of the North Fork. The Blue Inn offers a choice of one and two room suites and efficiencies that are ideal for couples and families. Each of our units offer a kitchenette featuring a sink, gas stove, mini refrigerator and microwave oven. In room amenities also include complimentary Wi-Fi internet, courtesy coffee, remote cable TV with HBO, hair dryer, air conditioning and daily maid service. All our rooms are non-smoking.Our casual restaurant is open seasonally and offers indoor and outdoor seating, serving lunch and dinner. In your down time, take in the sun around our outdoor pool and barbecue in our shaded picnic area. The Blue Inn is the perfect haven from everyday bustle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Blue Inn At North Fork reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blue Inn At North Fork Hotel East Marion
- Blue Dolphin Hotel
- The Blue Inn At North Fork East Marion, NY