“Just Right”

The Blue Inn At North Fork
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Marion
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Fiance and I stayed for 2 nights over Memorial Day weekend. Bottom line, this is a very nice place to stay for a relaxing weekend. The front desk is friendly, there is ample parking, the rooms and property are clean and newly renovated, and the free continental breakfast is just the right touch. If you're looking for a peaceful place to stay on the North Fork at a very reasonable price, look no further, the Blue Inn is excellent! as an FYI - Beach parking passes are also available to all Southold town beaches, which can be very difficult to park at if you don't have one.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
theblueinn, Manager at The Blue Inn At North Fork, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our inn so much! We like for all of our guests to be able to kick back and relax when they're here, and it sounds like you did just that. I have no doubt other reviewers will appreciate your recommendation as much as my staff and I do!

'Til next time,

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Blue Inn. this was the third time we stayed there and it just keeps getting better and better.. First we had reservations for 2 nites and due to work we missed the first nite but got there early the next day.. as was the plan the key was there waiting for us.. Mary the manager is a delight. the rooms are very clean and refreshing. Although most of the place was not open yet we had a wonderful room in the main building. We missed the resturant because it was not open yet and we look forward to staying there over the summer. Great atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Great to hear from you, George! You have no idea how happy I am to hear that your experiences with us just keep getting better. It was our pleasure to help you get the key to your room when you arrived; we're so glad you made it! Can't wait to have you back again this summer.

Safe travels,
Mary

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My best friend and I really enjoyed our 2-night stay at The Blue Inn. We were here right before the start of the season and had the place almost entirely to ourselves. Our room was in the building in the back and had a very nice interior, was very clean and quiet. We enjoyed the little kitchen in our room that came in handy, and the pool. The location is a bit outside of town so that you need a car, but we also walked a lot, admired the waterfront properties in the neighborhood, and found a nice place for breakfast in walking distance nearby. I would say that the included breakfast was the only disappointment in terms of variety and healthiness. So don't count on that, just prepare your own meals and enjoy them at the picnic table right outside your room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for your review! It's wonderful to hear you and your friend had such a relaxing stay at our inn. Visiting before the start of travel season is a great idea, and I'm glad you were able to take full advantage of everything we have to offer.

That being said, I'm disappointed you weren't impressed with our breakfast. We try to offer something for everyone, but we know there's always room to improve; I have no doubt your feedback will help us do just that!

All the best,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

At first I thought this would be a positive experience because initially they seemed very accomodating boy we were in for a rude awakening, I will further explain. . My Birthday was going to be on Sept 22 2012. My boyfriend and I thought it would be nice to get away to the North Fork of Long Island for a romantic night and do the wineries and a nice dinner at the North Fork Table. Unfortunatly we were only able to do one night because of personal obligations. This was sort of a spontaneous thought so we started calling all the B&Bs on the North Fork about a week in advance and they all have a strict 2 night minimum so when the Blue Inn said they would accomodate us for one night Sat Sept 22 we were so excited. Now Sat is here its my birthday we drove 3 hours we were already in the North Fork and we receive a phone call from them at 12 30 pm stating they made a mistake and we DO NOT have a reservation for us and they are unable to accomodate us due to their oversight. I was beside myself and in tears with dissapointment..... How could they do this? I asked to speak with the manager and she got on the phone and proceded to tell me it was her oversight she booked the room and never logged it it the book. I said to her how could you do this? and why is it that you only figured this out the day of? she very curtly kept saying it was a mistake and technically your check in is not till 3 pm anyway. She asked me havn`t you ever made a mistake? I said but how can you leave us without a place to stay. She said havn`t you ever heard of a hotel over booking? And I said yes I worked in the Hotel Industry for many years and when this happens they walk you over to another hotel. She snapped and told me there are no hotels this is the Maritime festival and everyone is fully booked. I was getting very emotional and upset at the notion because how were we supposed to do wineries all day and then dinner and drive 3 hours home? Fortunately we were driving past the Heron Suites at the time so we pulled in and aked if they could accomodate us and happily they did! And for one night! Its true that mistakes happen and they can be forgiven if they made some effort to remedy the problem that they caused. We were able to see very clearly that The Blue Inn made absolutly no effort to find us another room in an effort to maintain good customer service. I would never deal with this place again nor would I recommend it to anyone. The manager was very Nasty and unsympathetic.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Diana R

Diana,

I know it's been several months since you wrote about your experience with us, but I wanted to reach out to follow up with you about the overbooking situation. While I'm glad to hear you found another place to stay, I'm sorry you felt like we didn't offer you a sufficient alternative. Usually every hotel is booked during the Maritime Festival, which is why I didn't give you any recommendations.

However, that doesn't excuse the fact that we didn't double check on the availability at other hotels in the area. I apologize for any frustration or undue stress we caused you on your birthday trip; I hope you'll understand that this was not our intention.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Very disappointing. The back is a motel and not an inn. The restaurant is mediocre at best - only crowded because it's fairly inexpensive for the area. Same with the inn- mediocre at best although I agree with the others that the front desk was very helpful. Rooms are clean - bathrooms are small - really small. Great location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
theblueinn, Manager at The Blue Inn At North Fork, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2015

I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay a few years ago. We have made many improvements (including renovating the restaurant) since your last visit and would love to welcome you back. I'm sure you would have a wonderful, relaxing experience!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at here for a quickly planned get-away on Columbus Day weekend. The Inn part is attached the main office and appears to only be a few rooms. We had an upstairs room in the motel type building in the back. The room was clean and very pleasant. The bathroom was a little small compared to other places that we stayed - but I don't think that should stop anyone from staying here. The kitchen area was fully stocked and again - very clean. Because it was so late in the season, the pool was closed and unfortunately, the lavendar fields next door were bare. Breakfast was a truly a continental breakfast but with delicious home baked goodies mixed in as well. We did not get to try the restaurant this time around.
It was a convenient location to the wineries (about 15 minutes away) and the town of Greenport.
All in all - it has a great location, is VERY clean with comfortable beds and wonderful service. I would certainly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suz3032

Thanks for joining us Columbus Day weekend a few years ago! I'm so happy you enjoyed your get-away, and I appreciate you leaving us some feedback. We've made many improvements to the Inn since you were last here, including renovating the restaurant. It would be great to have you stay with us again!

Take care,

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Take a close look at the website before booking. Most rooms are not in the inn but in the motel-like area in back. The rooms are appointed well but very small and face the parking lot or an empty lot to the side. Our room was not cleaned daily. The front desk staff and handyman were the highlights: helpful, accommodating and very friendly but for the most part, the rest of the staff is not up to par considering the rates. You get what you pay for but for this price the service, rooms and amenities should be top notch. Oh - and the pool is not heated and for some reason doesn't seem to warm up at all.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SunTraveler123694

I really wish you had been more impressed with your visit a few years ago, and I apologize if you found any member of our team to be unaccommodating. Poor service and uncleaned rooms doesn't sound like the typical way we present ourselves. I can assure you that if you were to give us another chance, you'd have a much better experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Marion
#3 of 5 in Shelter Island
Baron's Cove
Baron's Cove
#1 of 5 in Sag Harbor

Been to The Blue Inn At North Fork? Share your experiences!