“Beware of Reservations POLICY!”
Review of East Hampton House

East Hampton House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in East Hampton
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stay at this Hotel every summer because of the convenient location close to the beach and because of the pool, which our daughter enjoys. Truly, it's a three star Motel-style Hotel next to the highway, but suitable for families. Rooms are OK, nothing really fancy, but clean, and they take good care of the surroundings, pool and lawn. This year, unfortunately, for the first time ever, I had to cancel my reservation, because my husband had to go into an impromptu business trip to Mexico. So I called the Hotel to explain the situation and I was told by the manager, Ms. Sarah Malone, that: 1. NO money back for cancellations 2. Credit for the cancelled days can only be issued IF they can sell the days we were cancelling. For example, they may be able to sell the weekend but not the week days, so we'd have credit only for the weekend they were able to sell 3. I had to write a letter explaining WHY I was cancelling so she could submit it to the "corporate office". So please beware of this policy BEFORE you make your reservation. It was also quite an experience having to talk to Ms. Malone, who on top of everything, is extremely rude. Upon asking her how I can move my reservation to another day, she yells: WHY ARE YOU CANCELLING????? Other than this, in another occasion, we didn't have hot water for two days bc one of the boilers has broken. It took them two days to fix it, and they provided a bathroom in another apartment for us to take a shower, in the other building (where the boiler was working) , but they didn't move us to another room. So, as long as everything goes alright, without any incidents or unexpected events, the Hotel is OK and suitable for a family. God forbid, something unexpected happens, you'll need to deal with the manager, who is rude and has no interest, care or idea about how to deal with customers. That's when you realize what kind of "Hotel" this is.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank familymom111

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Basically, decent motel with reasonable rates in a great location. They give you beach day passes too. A way to afford east hampton.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2010

We've been staying at the East Hampton House for almost 20 years now and for the most part, it's always been a pleasure! Jeanne and Richie have been there forever and truly are the ones that make the place very special. We have great memories from there! It's our home away from home!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LINative
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We have been going to the Hamptons for about 20 years -and although we have tried several places to stay - we keep coming back to the East Hampton House. The location is fabulous - near shopping, beaches, restaurants -right in the heart of E.Hampton. The rooms are neat, clean many with efficiency kitchen and the service is extremely courteous with a friendly, professional staff. They have a great pool and the landscaping is lovely and just what you would want to see out of your windows. We love it and come all year round.

Anna & Marc

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2010

This is a typical hotel in the Hamptons. The room was very small. It is in a major need of updating. The room was dark, the carpet needed cleaning and the couch was old. Don't expect an amazing motel. It is just okay. Luckily it was a beautiful weekend so we were never in the room.
The positives are the price was good, great location and they gave the guests passes to the local beaches. The front desk staff were nice. If the price was right we would stay here again. I have never stayed at a nice motel in the Hamptons so I think they are all basically like this. I just know what to expect.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank dgely
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I came here during the Christmas Holiday. When I made the reservation, I was wondering why the clerk wanted a photocopy of my credit card and faxed. I told them I had no access to a fax or copier so she took the reservation over the phone, no problem. Wonder why hotel would ask that?
Beware if you must check in very late at night or have to leave extremely early in the morning. The office is not 24/7. Find out the hours when making reservations if you travel at off hours.
My room was a 2 queen bed deluxe which means you get a sleeper sofa, a kitchenette and a small dining table. A Kitchenette is 2 burners, sink, under cabinet fridge, microwave and you also get pots and pans, silverware and dishes and a kettle. Coffee pot also in room with coffee provided. That was very nice to have to save on eating out for breakfast. Room was clean and even had a 46" HD flat panel TV set. WOW! There is a DVD player also. Bathroom was decent and had a heat lamp in it and there are 2 sinks, 1 inside bathroom and 1 outside. Would strongly recommend this for families.
Note this is an older Hotel I believe from the 50's or 60's. The rooms are owned by different investors being this is a co-operative hotel. The decor in each room varies. See website for their offerings since the facility was covered in 2 feet of snow when I got there. It was a White Christmas there! There are Tennis courts there however. There is a charge for WI-Fi access but you can use the lobby computer to check your emails etc etc. free. There is an exercise room next to the lobby area. It looks like a restaurant was there years ago. Wish they would have a restaurant there.
In the Hamptons and further out you will not find chain Hotels there. If you want to stay only in chain Hotel, The Hamptons will not be for you. All the hotels and B&Bs there are owned by individuals. I will stay this hotel again if need be in the future.
For the folks who complained about this place on their reviews need to lower their standards or go to a another destination.
If you stay at this place during the winter, there is a good Pizza parlor in Amagansett called Astro Pizza. About 10 min away from hotel on 27. Good minestrone soup there also.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I just came back from East Hampton House "Resort" with my wife and three young kids. We had a great time in the Hamptons but this hotel was not a good experience. I can not believe that they are allowed to call this a resort on their web site. And the pictures on the web site are VERY flattering to say the least.

I've nothing against Motels, when they call themselves that way, and when they are actually priced like Motels. The furniture is terrible and the room looked like a college dorm. You hear people coming in and out their room and driving their car on your door step...

The place has NO breakfast so you have to drive to the East Hamptons in the morning. This is not what you expect when you look at their web site and while it is not terribly expensive it is way too much for the kind of service and amenities you get.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Bridgehampton
Mill House Inn
Mill House Inn
#1 of 11 in East Hampton

Been to East Hampton House? Share your experiences!