“Luxury in the heart of the Hamptons”
Review of Mill House Inn

Mill House Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 East Hampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 5, 2007

We had the pleasusre of staying at the Mill House Inn for three nights last month.

On arrival we were greeted and shown around our fabulous suite which was decorated with style and comfort in mind. There were beautiful pictures on the walls from the Hamptons Classic event and gorgeous lamps and furniture completed the look.

The bed was the most comfortable ever- like sleeping on a cloud! Handmade soaps and chocolates on the pillow added a personal touch.

The breakfasts were amazing- but be warned- they are massive! Lots to choose from- a simple fruit salad to a gourmet ommlette!

Also, coffee, hot cider and cookies were available around the clock for snacks.

The owners and managers made us feel completely at home and were on hand to help us with any questions we had on the area. I'll be going back..........

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank retro6
There are newer reviews for Mill House Inn

Reviewed March 20, 2007

My new wife and I traveled to Long Island for our honeymoon and had a very relaxing stay at the Mill House Inn. The Gallery Suite was very homely and the location is great. Each day we woke to eat a VERY substantial breakfast and then headed to the beach to walk it off. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They even let us buy some of the soaps to take home as gifts! If you can eat a whole omelet by yourself you might receive a gold star on your forehead... but beware! You will be more than stuffed!

Highly recommended Bed & Breakfast... by far the best I have been to.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jenstorell
Reviewed February 18, 2007

Amazing property and staff!! Stayed for 3 nights in mid Feb 2007.

The property includes the original structure (from eighteen century) and a new addition (only a couple years old), which is a standalone building. We stayed in the newer building and it was fantastic.

It was expensive, but we felt like we got our money's worth. Plus, we estimate that we received $200 worth of goodies that other properties would have charged for (i.e., free AMAZING breakfast each morning, bottle water in room was free, free bottle of champaigne, etc). Our room was called the Captain's Quarters and was designed to match the theme. The room included 2 nice flat screen TVs (though I felt they should have gone a little bigger with both sets), built in wall speaker system through out the room (living room, bathroom, and bedroom), nice king sized bed, comfortable furniture, and high end bathroom. I would say my biggest complaint about the bedroom was the noise. The walls seemed a little thin, so I felt that my neighbors could he us and we could hear them to a certain degree.

With regards to the daily breakfast... out of this world!! Very good service and delicious food. Everything I had was incredible. I usually like to sleep in / lay around, but I made sure I was in the dining room by 10am each morning.

The location was nice as it is in walking distance of a nice shopping area that includes a movie theater, restaurants, and lots of shops (high end, bouquet, etc). If you want something right on the beach (walking distance), this location is not for you. The beach is only a short drive away thought. This was not important to us given the time of year we stayed.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bpnyc
Reviewed September 5, 2006

Stayed here for a couple of nights mid-week in June and had one of the most relaxed few days of my life. The breakfasts are indescribably good, I've never had better breakfasts in my life. The beds are perfectly soft and amazingly comfortable. The rooms aren't large, but don't feel cramped. The beach parking pass that they provide is an extremely important perk. The service was professional and they covered all the bases, with details like local maps and dining recommendations and cookies throughout the day, though neither the staff nor the guests were especially warm (this is the Hamptons after all). So I wouldn't necessarily suggest staying here for the experience of meeting new people. The room prices are extremely high, but again, this is the Hamptons. So as long as you can forget about the cost of staying here, the Mill House is a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brucenyc
Reviewed August 7, 2006

My husband and I have just returned from a fabulous week at the Mill House Inn. Everything written in the reviews is absolutely true! From the second you walk through the front porch, the inn and innkeepers welcome you into a warm and relaxing atmosphere.

The breakfast entrees are the BEST that you will ever have! There aren't words to describe how delicious it is. You order from a menu that can match any restaurant menu and the generous portions are out of this world! We never needed to eat lunch. On a sideboard in the dining room, there is a constant supply of pretzels, fruit, wonderful cookies and drinks.

The Mill House has thought of everything to make their guests stay comfortable. We have stayed in many B&Bs and this was absolutely the best one ever! The behind the scenes work that went on was seamless - our rooms were cleaned and straightened up before we were finished our breakfast!

Sylvia, Gary, Lee and all of the help are the friendliest innkeepers and are there to make sure that you have an enjoyable stay.

The inn is located in the heart of town...just a few steps to shopping, restaurants and historic areas. The beaches are a short walk, drive or bike ride away.

You will not go wrong staying at this first-class B&B!!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AMG1018
A TripAdvisor Member
Carlisle, PA
Reviewed March 12, 2006

My wife and I stayed for a long weekend, and I'll bulletpoint the visit.

*Unbelievable breakfast -- a benchmark breakfast!!
*Great management - Lee was very friendly!!
*Perfect Inn size - 10 rooms is very quaint!!
*Great town -- Great beaches, Great restaurants!!
*Clean and Comfortable rooms!!

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 24, 2006

We ventured out east to this inn with our two retriever pups for the holidays. We were looking for something different this year and we got it. The suite we reserved was perfect for us, and especially suited for our furry "children": Wood floors, 'fridge, bowls, a container full of 'treats', a packet of baggies, and a private entrance for visits outside when nature called. The linens, toiletries, towels, furniture and fixtures were all top notch. I loved the white decor and white walls and especially the fireplace. It was extremely comfortable and serene. Breakfast was delicious too. Every detail was addressed. What a great way to break away from the same-old holiday fare.

• Stayed: December 2005
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
The Hedges Inn
The Hedges Inn
#1 of 11 in East Hampton

Been to Mill House Inn? Share your experiences!