“Avoiding The Palm was my loss!”

The Palm East Hampton
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm East Hampton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 65 Restaurants in East Hampton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Huntting Lane
Transit: Hampton Jitney and Hampton Luxury Liner both stop directly in front of the Huntting Inn.
Scarsdale, New York
“Avoiding The Palm was my loss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

For years I avoided the Palm because of preconceived notions of what I thought it was.: a flashy steakhouse; a haven for show offs and Runyonesque characters...WAS I EVER WRONG... It is very homey and cozy, the staff is warm,friendly and very accommodating. Everyone seems really happy to be there as well they should. Also to the establishment's credit, you can have a conversation over dinner despite the crowds. The noise level is never painful as it is in so many restaurants.
And then there is the food. Wow...their lobster is truly impressive as is the lobster bisque. On sunday, we had the surf and turf and the filet was the best I've had....prepared exactly as requested and when combined with half of a three pound lobster we waddled out of the restaurant carrying huge takeaway bags and happily stuffed. BTW did i mention the creamed spinach?
It may have taken me years to get there, but I am glad to be making up for lost time. We have been to The Palm 3 times in 6 weeks after staying away for decades.
So much for preconceived ideas.

• Visited October 2012

Rochester, New York
“Love The Palm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

The service was excellent and the food delicious. I've been to the one in the city numerous times and I love them both. I love that the one in the Hamptons stays open all year

Huntington, New York
“Consistently great steaks and service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

What a wonderful place to sit and people watch while enjoying one of the best steaks you ever had...the service is excellent, the portions huge and be sure to enjoy the half and half (fries and onion straws). We go here often for our favorite lobster and steak dinner,,,,,it is on the expensive side, but great food usually is....

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank marie s
Chappaqua, New York
“Amazing Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner at the Palm while were staying at the Huntting Inn. The food is absolutely delicious here. I had a NY Strip Steak, creamed spinach and finished off the meal with the warm bag of donuts. The steak was cooked perfectly. The creamed spinach was the best I ever had and the bag of warm donuts were everything I hoped they would be - delicious. Be prepared to open your wallet though as it is very expensive. We got two entrees, two drinks, one side and one dessert - total was $170 including tax and tip.

Cambridge, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is the place to be seen and see people.
The food is superb.
Wait staff are excellent and helpful