“Festive atmosphere”

Dining options: Reservations
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
“Festive atmosphere”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

This restaurant's name aptly describes it's location at the foot of a harbor. On an August Saturday night with perfect weather - the place was packed. The table I was at was along the edge of the deck overlooking the harbor. So, as the sun set, I had the perfect view of it. The bar area also was very busy as well.

The food was very good - given the location, there's all manner of seafood available of which I was able to try several, including what I had + sampling tastes of other items from dining companions. The cocktail I ordered wasn't quite to my liking; maybe because it wasn't quite what I was expecting. The service was very attentive, considering the packed house. The downside was that it could be tough, at times, to hear the conversation at your own table with the large crowd,

Parking was tight as the restaurant shares space with the harbor patrons. This is only a problem on days/nights such as this one though..

• Visited August 2014

New York City, New York
“GREAT RESTAURANT WITH A SUNSET VIEW”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

One of my favorite restaurants in East Hampton.. Unfortunately I have 2 negatives to report on my last visit. When we had drinks at the bar the counter were I sat was sticky and definitely not cleaned properly. Never had this before.
The second bad experience was that although we were seated at 6:15 we were never told about the price fixed menu by our waitress. Since I was the host I was uneasy to ask, nor did I think I should have asked about a priced fixed menu. That should have been the first thing mentioned when she came to our table.
It must have been an off night with a fill-in staff. Will definitely go back! Food was excellent, but very expensive for three people.
Brinkley9

BRINKLEY 9

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank joe r
Oxford, United Kingdom
“great food!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

food was delicious, hostess was snippy, a little loud, right on the water! good wine menu. i'd definitely go back!

• Visited July 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“Dance ten looks three........”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Menu choices and presentation were outstanding. Hostesses must have been just having a bad evening. Waiting for our seating we encountered several seatings having confrontations with the three young ladies juggling tables all of which were later than reservations. Party of 7 in front of us were told they no longer have a reservation....someone changed it.....no one changed it.....hostess "no need to talk to me that way". Similar Tude for our party as well. Bruce the waitperson friendly but not really knowledgeable about menu. Refill of ice tea? Oh I can't refill gratis. Ok I'd like more water instead. Check included extra charge for an ice tea. No big deal but as a seasonal visitor accompanied by year rounders, a giant disappointment.

Visited July 2014
Sag Harbor, New York
“Great Prix Fixe Menu”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Harbor Bistro, in East Hampton, is only open during the peak season from Spring to Fall. So be sure not to miss it. They actually have two prix fixe menus if you're seated before 6:30 and they are both great. Try the pasta bolognese and the lobster bisque. Both very tasty. Easy parking with great sunset views.

• Visited May 2014