“good food good price”

Ranked #13 of 70 Restaurants in East Hampton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I like this restaurant .... a family owned bistro with a nice atmosphere with a water view.... def a must to stop in the Hamptons and try... They have some really good salads and dinners... appetizers to ... I do not get out much these days with three young children but I do enjoy the day maybe my anniversary in june to go out for a nice dinner with my hubby

1  Thank cutiecarla

Reviewed August 30, 2012

You can sit either inside or outside, and enjoy the Harbor Bistro's lovely setting at aquiet marina on the water, as well as their reasonably-priced menu selections.
We've been several times, and particularly like their salads, fresh fish, as well as an unusually tasty appetizer special -- Mongolian Ribs!
Despite being in a popular resort, the service has always been attentive and considerate. Since we always seem to arrive at sunset, we have missed out on their Early Prix-Fixe special, which is served only until 6pm.

1  Thank TravellerDon
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Harbor Bistro was a nice surprise, situated with a view of a marina and Three Mile Harbor in the Spring section. They have a Prix Fix menu in addition to the full menu, and if you arrive between 5 and 6 pm there is an an even lower-priced Prix Fix option. Appetizer of Lobster Bisque was creamy and delicious, and we tried main courses of pasta, fish, and chicken and all were quite good. The warm bread pudding for dessert was pretty good, but one of us opted to pay for a dessert of chocolate cake which was incredible. If you arrive later (about 7pm for August) you probably have a nice sunset view through the trees.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went there for dinner while in the Hamptons for a bachelorette weekend. We made a reservation for 10 and were seated promptly when we arrived. It was very busy and a little loud, but we were right on the water. Between the ten of us we tried numerous different dishes on the menu including raw oysters, mussel appetizer, talapia (sp?), pasta dishes, and a delicious chocolate dessert. It was an expensive meal, but certainly not outrageous and after all - we were in the Hamptons. Everyone enjoyed their food - the only negative was the "surprise shot" we ordered. We wanted a celebratory shot and couldn't decide on one so asked the waitress to surprise it. Whatever she brought (at $8 a pop) was not tasty. Oh well, our fault! If that's my only complaint then it can't be bad!

1  Thank boston_abby
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

At first we were thrilled to find a restaurant open late after a long drive, and on the waater no less. However, other than our attentive waiter Killian, this restaurant was a HUGE dissapointment! We didnt mind spending $9.00 for a house salad with nothing more than a few cherry tomatoes scattered around, nor the nearly $40.00 for an entree special of scallops and Kobe beef...until we tried to eat it! The scallops were fine but the Kobe beef was cooked much rarer than requested for one of us, and both had so much gristle that of the 8 slices of beef they sent me, 4 remained whole on the plate...atleast anoher two as wads of unchewable beef I attempted to hide under my 'dry as paste' mashed potatoes after discreetley removing it from my mouth. It could not be chewed enough to swallow without a nurse nearby, ready to perform the heimlich maneuver. We then moved to the bar for two cups of espresso as well as a double shot of sambuca and frangelica...for a total of $42.00...yes, you heard right folks...$42.00. I know we're in the Hamptons, and don't mind paying for a fine meal at high prices, but the food quality and poor preperation made us feel swindeled. As a side note, we overheard a couple talking about the same experience the following night, having had the same special, so it wasn't just us...save your money and go elsewhere...fast!

2  Thank ConnoisseurOfLeisure