“Great view but no longer a favorite”

East Hampton Point Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
East Hampton Point Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in East Hampton
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Woodbine Drive
Description: East Hampton Point Restaurant, a premier luxury waterfront resort in The Hamptons, has provided stunning views, indulgent meals, and fond memories to locals and tourists alike since 1993. Featuring a world-class restaurant, year-round deluxe accommodations, and a full-service marina and boatyard, we provide everything you need for an unforgettable getaway in a beautiful setting. Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and picturesque views of Three Mile Harbor while you enjoy fresh seafood dishes and your favorite bottle of wine. Our warm, accommodating staff is here to ensure you have a wonderful time, no matter the occasion.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great view and lovely restaurant. But I was disappointed in the food. I've been eating at East Hampton Point before it even had that name (was East Point House). I've eaten in the what I call the "upscale" section as well as the "casual" section. They had menu selections appropriate to those titles. I have enjoyed both very much. This past Sunday night I went there to have a "casual" meal. It turns out that while both sections still exist, there is no longer the casual menu.
My dinner partner and I very much enjoyed the view, the ambience, the sunset, and the music while sipping our cocktails. But we found both our dishes only mediocre. I had the bouillabaisse and though initially I was concerned it might be too much to eat, it turned out to be inadequate and I ended up eating bread (excellent) which I usually try to avoid. The shrimp and pasta dish my friend had was adequate, but nothing special. Another disappointment was the service, which was very slow. Fortunately, with the music, the wait was enjoyable. But it seem to take a very long time to get our check and then even longer for the waitress to pick it up. In fact, I gave it to another waitress to give to our waitress. Still not seeing our waitress, I went up to the cash register to pay and was joined by 2 other tables frustrated about waiting for their check.

So though EHP used to be one of my favorite restaurants in EH, I don't plan to go again for dinner. I might go for brunch or lunch.

1  Thank NYCsenior

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the single most beautiful restaurant in the Hamptons and the new chef's food is terrific. It's always been a gorgeous spot but the last few years the food had been mediocre. But they just hired James Carpenter who used to be the chef at 5-star restaurants Della Femina and the American Hotel and the food is outstanding again (almost as good as when Gerry Hayden was in charge in the 1990s....when EHP was the best restaurant that has ever existed in the Hamptons). The sunsets and the big deck on the water make it a can't miss spot on nice summer evenings.

1  Thank MikeyRight
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Super view and good food. Nothing like in the Hamptons. Enjoy a nice long meal with a great view. Nice service, very pleasant waiters.

1  Thank nycfamilyt2013
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My nephew's Rehearsal Dinner was here last night. The food was delicious (buffet with many selections) and the service impeccable. My sister raved about their attentiveness to detail and how helpful they were. The location was scenic - beautiful sunset just as we were sitting down to dinner. The bar even serves Dark 'n Stormy's!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Emma and staff at East Hampton Point were thoroughly professional and helped above and beyond. The food was fabulous, from appearance to flavor to timing. Emma helps with event planning and execution with grace, patience and ability.

I'm tough. But, Emma and East Hampton Point far exceeded our high expectations.

As well -- it is a wonderful location.

Highest recommendation.